Retirement

I had a few years wi the council never claimed to work for them just employed by them 🙂
An old story heard long ago. Two old fellows on a plane home from Glasgow to Islay. Fellow 1, - Tell me Hugh what's that down there?
Oh well says Gilbie, if they're moving they're cows, if they're standing still they're Council workers.
Names and species changed to protect the guilty.

An old story heard long ago. Two old fellows on a plane home from Glasgow to Islay. Fellow 1, - Tell me Hugh what's that down there?
Oh well says Gilbie, if they're moving they're cows, if they're standing still they're Council workers.
Names and species changed to protect the guilty.
Another old story, 2 bulls at the top of a field looking down at a heard of cows, young bull says let's run down there and fuck one of those cows! Old bull relies no let's walk down there and fuck them all!
With age comes wisdom!

Mrs took seriously ill with Crohn's Disease & Ovarian Cancer when I was 44, took my redundancy from Scot Power, cared for Mrs till she got herself back too good health, she works part-time as an alternative therapist & counsellor now, I bought a truck about 8yrs ago too go into the repo game & lite haulage, 4yrs ago I got into moving motor yachts left the repo tae the Younger ones.

My business partner & oldest Grandson do the moving of boats now signed a contract with a boat builder in Holland last year which secures the business long term, now take care of invoices etc, also school taxi driver for my Grandkids. A few yr back had my own health issues which made me reevaluate my goals & aims for the future. I'm 58 in 6mths I plan to fully retire when I'm 60, been semiretired for the last 14yrs according tae my Mrs. She'll be 65 in May & plans on retiring at the end of this year.

Plenty too keep us occupied with the garden, other hobbies & our grandweans they're the reason we get up in the morning.

I have a strange relationship with work, I moan like fuck when there's too much of it and I moan like fuck when there's not enough, I also moan like fuck when it's somewhere in the middle, basically I moan like fuck quite a lot!
During lockdown 1 (the real one) I seen it as an opportunity to do many wonderful things, but for the first month I just got pished and kept thinking I'll start doing wonderful things tomorrow.
Eventually I got my head around getting paid to stay at home and spent my time in my small workshop making things, or restoring things and knowing that there wasn't a monetary value to it, the hourly rate didn't exist and it was great!
If I wanted to spend 30 hours restoring an old wood plane, or 4 hours getting the perfect edge on a vintage chisel I could and I liked that. That's how I see my retirement, doing the things I enjoy and not worrying about how long it takes. Thankfully my interests are fairly cheap, skiing in St Moritz or being on a beach in the Seychelles isn't for me, so the only challenge I have is lasting until retirement age, which is probably a long shot!!

Ramp 2.jpg

Aye...I miss this... 👆
Said no one...ever...:rolleyes:
😁

I worked for the clenny fo 38 years, I retired nearly 6 years ago, I still get excited when a see a big uplift out, I made a fortune recycling before recycling was invented, put it this way not much went to the dump when we were on the uplift lorries, we had buyers for everything from bikes to old washing machines, even sold gless cheques to the bars lorries, best recyclers in Scotland before recycling was invented

I worked for the clenny fo 38 years, I retired nearly 6 years ago, I still get excited when a see a big uplift out, I made a fortune recycling before recycling was invented, put it this way not much went to the dump when we were on the uplift lorries, we had buyers for everything from bikes to old washing machines, even sold gless cheques to the bars lorries, best recyclers in Scotland before recycling was invented
Funny enough a still get excited when a see a bin lorry!!!once a fortnight 😂they’ve got it easy noo mate,but probably don’t get the turn you got back in the day??👍😂unless you call the odd kebab a turn🤷‍♂️💩

Places like the Barras and paddys market were the sales outlets for the midgepickers

Members online

No members online now.

Back