Saka, Sancho, Rashford and standing up to racism

I’ve never noticed any racist comments of the noise, they would be called out, I, and a lot of people don’t like the political stance and militant stance of the BLM movement, what happened in American didn’t happen here, a fact people seem to overlook, the fact is (especially in London) black people are responsible for nearly all the black murders in London, they’re killing each other over, gangs, drugs, turf warfare etc

the trying to rewrite history is annoying, yes the slave trade happened, it wasn’t white people running about Africa capturing the natives, it was another black people, then selling them to slavers, it is all viewed in the context of today, but remember how hard life was for everyone back then, highland clearances, deportation to Australia for stealing a loaf of bread, the Irish famine, work houses, sending children up chimney’s and down mines, some might say the only difference was a shackle on the slaves ankle, everyone else was a slave to something or other.

I know a lot of people might disagree with the above, but I treat EVERYONE, with the same respect be they white, black, Indian, Pakistani, Chinese, Jewish, Muslim, etc, etc

ALL LIFE’S MATTER
Great post B B. I too had been saying for years that slavery wasn't just aimed at the colour of someone's skin.
It.was the power of the rich over the poor.
You put it brilliantly.

I’ve never noticed any racist comments of the noise, they would be called out, I, and a lot of people don’t like the political stance and militant stance of the BLM movement, what happened in American didn’t happen here, a fact people seem to overlook, the fact is (especially in London) black people are responsible for nearly all the black murders in London, they’re killing each other over, gangs, drugs, turf warfare etc

the trying to rewrite history is annoying, yes the slave trade happened, it wasn’t white people running about Africa capturing the natives, it was another black people, then selling them to slavers, it is all viewed in the context of today, but remember how hard life was for everyone back then, highland clearances, deportation to Australia for stealing a loaf of bread, the Irish famine, work houses, sending children up chimney’s and down mines, some might say the only difference was a shackle on the slaves ankle, everyone else was a slave to something or other.

I know a lot of people might disagree with the above, but I treat EVERYONE, with the same respect be they white, black, Indian, Pakistani, Chinese, Jewish, Muslim, etc, etc

ALL LIFE’S MATTER
Take my word for it but I won't highlight the offender and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who noticed.

Away from the football, racism is becoming a bigger and bigger issue and is all around us and yet we are sleeping at the wheel. All the vox pops during the Brexshit vote chuntered on about was immigrants etc and yet that is coming back to bite employers now as they can't get staff. I'm horrified at where it all ends up if we ignore what's happening. Many of you have spoken about education and yet I'm sure Priti Patel didn't go to a special needs school and behaves like an ignoramus with her views on taking the knee.

ALL LIFE’S MATTER
I'm sure I've read the odd English bastard, or orange bastard comment ( ok, one racist, one religious ) on The Noise. So, no racism ? Also you're absolutely correct when you say ALL LIFE'S MATTER. That's the whole point of BLM. Perhaps it would've been better to have a slogan which states Black Lives Matter Too !

ALL LIFE’S MATTER
You're missin the point of BLM. of course all lives matter, but at this point in time black people have taken a stance against discrimination simply because they couldn't take it anymore. Exactly the same as the civil rights movement here. It doesn't matter whether it was America England or Australia. It had to be brought to world attention because it had gotten out if hand. Yes there is high crime rate among the black community, because that's what happens when you are treated like shite. You grow up in poverty and selling drugs and crime is an easy way to make money to survive.
The people who live along the border in the six counties are famous for smuggling simply because they were isolated with no job opportunities. So it was shite or get off the pot.
Maybe if these black people in london that you talk of were educated and not discriminated against, it might be the way to tackle street crime instead of labelling them with the usual skin colour nonsense.

I'm sure I've read the odd English bastard, or orange bastard comment ( ok, one racist, one religious )
Orangism, ISN’T a religion, there no priests or ministers, no Sunday service, no churches or temples, it solely exists for the hatred of catholic’s……in this day and age it’s seriously outdated, how would the world react it it was solely to hate another religion…..possibly the Jewish faith?
I speak from a position of knowledge, my best mate was grand master of a local orange hall, I’ve been in his hall often, for charity events (no party tunes) and he’s even been to my family events in the chapel, which for an Orangeman is a big no,no,

Probably not going to get much response to this thread on a Glasgow Celtic forum where, I imagine, the mention of the English national team brings a little smile to everyone's face at the moment but here goes...

I've heard the worst kind of language today aimed at the three players who missed their penalties, with Saka taking the worst of it. I've been in London working. The city is still littered with half pissed English fans who don't seem to know how to behave. Most of my jobs have been in hotels, where they have been staying. I've heard every racist slur you can think of and I know social media has been just as bad.

My question is, should the England team refuse to take to the park for their next match? I ask because they have been at the forefront of carrying on with the taking of the knee. For the record I don't support the taking of the knee or the BLM movement. Only because I think it's been hijacked by extremists. So I could understand why the England fans booed and I was confused as to why they were being called racist for doing so. The English FA were quick to point out that the taking of the knee was not political but instead a show of support for players of all races who suffer from racial abuse in the game. The England squad also made clear that they would walk off the park should any of their black players suffer abuse at the hands of away fans in the matches leading up to the euros.
But now they find themselves in a position where their own team mates have, and still are, receiving disgusting abuse online from their own fans.....its very easy to condemn away supporters, it's very easy to take the knee. Let's see if they are true in their fight against racism in the sport. I believe they should Forfeit their next match, just as they were going to do when away fans attacked their players, and show the scumbag English "fans" that they mean what they say.
Its gonny have to be something drastic like refusing to play to make these arseholes realise they need to rap it in to call ur own players names like they have is absolutely disgusting these same arseholes wid be singing these players names if they won🤬

I've walked through groups of black people in London at their BLM marches and been abused Larry. I dont form my opinions on what the media tell me. I dont support the movement. Black lives matter 100% they matter the same to me as any other race. If you think every member of the movement is an angel and has the vision of love and piece between black and white people then more power to you mate....im not for a moment saying all fans who booed aren't racist. That would be daft..but it's also daft calling anyone who doesn't support BLM racist. Easy way to shut down debate. "I don't support BLM"....."you're a racist"
Brilliant topic Lubos, and well done for raising it.
WHAT IS RACISM?
WHAT IS A RACIST?
We all like to claim we aren't racist, but are we really?
I have no problem stating that I detest unionist, the English regime that bought trouble to our lands etc, does that make me a racist?
We all took great joy at England's loss last night does that make us all racists?
Very fine lines between taking the piss and showing racism and in general the education and culture issues makes this a very sensitive subject.
I would say many of us have experienced racism or witnessed racism in some shape or form.
Even in Ireland racism can be rife against a black person more so than an Eastern European which in a country that has suffered racism in many forms is still quite staggering but such is the level of education.
I'm not going to pretend that I haven't commented racist remarks in the past cause I have and that would just make me a hypocrite, but I have learnt the error of my ways thankfully.
I go by a way of thinking that every life matters, regardless of race, colour or gender, does that mean I like everyone, no it doesn't.
I don't know any sevco supporters thankfully, but does that give me the right to show my own racist side by hating them just because they are a Scottish protestant? No it doesn't, yet my feelings could tell me that it's OK to.
I try to go by the principles now that now I won't discriminate against anyone because of colour, race or gender even if I don't particularly like them regardless.
Still have my own issues regarding groups and organisations and it still needs work upon my own behalf.
So in short, I believe racism in general is a personal choice everyone in society needs to address and question their own morals around the subject instead of hiding surrounding the subject, and that goes for everyone, black, white, race, gender etc

Its gonny have to be something drastic like refusing to play to make these arseholes realise they need to rap it in to call ur own players names like they have is absolutely disgusting these same arseholes wid be singing these players names if they won🤬
Name and shame the pricks. Put their names on the news. Tell their employers. Hit them in the pocket and make the fuckers do community service in these communities that they're abusing. That would soften their cough.

D, our conservative Irish-American friends carved themselves a nice wee niche in popular opinion.

Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, John Kennedy (no that JK or the other JK that pretends to be a football coach) are prime examples of Catholic conservatism in the States.

I disown these fuckers completely.

Good folk are good folk regardless of race, creed, religion, politics or otherwise.
That hannity is a clown 🤡 anything anybody else supposedly does wrong he's giving it WHAT WOULD THE RADICAL LEFT FAKE MEDIA SAY IF IT WAS (insert name)TRUMP THAT DONE IT🤣 everytime I sit and laugh at his sheer stupidity but he's fucking dangerous him and that tucker Carlson fanny🤬

Maybe if these black people in london that you talk of were educated and not discriminated against, it might be the way to tackle street crime instead of labelling them with the usual skin colour nonsense.
I, like many of us on here were raised in poverty, It didn’t make me want to go out a sell drugs or shoot or stab someone, there two paths we can all walk down, there a right one and a wrong one….that choice is NO ONE BUT YOURS,
I’ve offen said, “I started out with nothing….and still have most of it left”

I'm sure I've read the odd English bastard, or orange bastard comment ( ok, one racist, one religious ) on The Noise. So, no racism ? Also you're absolutely correct when you say ALL LIFE'S MATTER. That's the whole point of BLM. Perhaps it would've been better to have a slogan which states Black Lives Matter Too !
As I've said before, the nuances of Black Lives Matter has went right over the heads of some folk. It doesn't say or mean Only Black Lives Matter.

Orangism, ISN’T a religion, there no priests or ministers, no Sunday service, no churches or temples, it solely exists for the hatred of catholic’s……in this day and age it’s seriously outdated, how would the world react it it was solely to hate another religion…..possibly the Jewish faith?
I speak from a position of knowledge, my best mate was grand master of a local orange hall, I’ve been in his hall often, for charity events (no party tunes) and he’s even been to my family events in the chapel, which for an Orangeman is a big no,no,
Sorry BB, but that's a total non-answer I didn't for a minute say orangism was a religion. But it can't be denied the comment I referred to is grounded in religious bigotry. I also await your reply to the English bastard comments I referred to. Racist or not ?

Simple and to the point
I was on holiday in Castlebar a few years ago and couldn't get into a cafe for lunch as they were all so busy. I walked up the road to the street that ran behind the main St and found a lovely wee place that was very quiet and the food was great. The only reason I think it was empty was because it was owned and run by Eastern Europeans.

I, like many of us on here were raised in poverty, It didn’t make me want to go out a sell drugs or shoot or stab someone, there two paths we can all walk down, there a right one and a wrong one….that choice is NO ONE BUT YOURS,
I too grew up with fuck all. My mother and father killed themselves working tryin to feed a large family. We were taught right and wrong. I've tried to stay as close to right as I could, but unfortunately when you grow up in a conflict that is not easy. I am lucky because I had good parents and a close knit family and we kept each other right. Most of these lads are lucky to have one parent never mind two. So the environment they grow up in is very different.

We don't all start on a level playing field though BB. Some kids grow up not just in poverty but with addicts or alcoholics for parents. Many are from violent or abusive homes.
Nothing necessarily to do with colour but a huge majority of men in prison can't read or write. I used to teach basic education and didn't realise all the reasons why folk are illiterate.

Back