Scotland v Russia - Friday 6 Sept, Hampden, Must Win Euro Qualifier - Comments here

aw phuq Tv,ah've got a fiver on them!:cry:

Mugs and their money Michael. Outclassed and a few under par performances sealed our fate. It looks clearly like the playoff is the only route and we need to hope the team improves to give us a chance or its another tourney supporting whoever England play.

We are just not producing enough players of class. And haven’t for over 30 years.

I will reserve hope we do it, but the same £1 will stay in my pocket regarding that.

I am ok about last night though, I wasn’t expecting much. Plus Celtic have a better defence and that makes me happy enough to take another balls parting for the national team.

Playoff dogfight. Bring it on.

My boy is away to Hampden to watch Scotland with his pals from Uni. First time he's been there to see the national team. Will probably watch it on Sky, with obviously a particular interest in our players. Ryan Christie and James Forrest could be the biggest goal threat for Scotland. John McGinn is also capable of getting a goal, as indeed is Callum McGregor - Scotland's best midfielder.

Prediction? Scotland 2 Russia 1.

This old pic seems somewhat appropriate...

View attachment 4274
Very disappointing Scotland go 1 up and then suddenly a bunch of rabbits caught in headlights. What on earth was Clarke thinking naismith out through injury didn't call up Griffiths? When we were chasing the game we needed his experience also he's played more football than naismith and is a better player I can't work Clarke out. Christie should've started with McGregor in his normal cm role you could instantly see what Christie brought when he came on.mcburnie may be a 22 million player in the eplbut he's a wasted jersey for Scotland 8 games no goals hopeless. Marshall was given credit for the saves he made but at the second Russian goal he simply collapsed in a bundle didn't dive to reach the post must've dived 2 yards and Craig Gordon is a far better keeper even now. Taking off McGinn when chasing the game ? Why ? He was more effective than most. I have to blame Clarke for all the plaudits he received at killie his selection cost us against a Russian side there for the taking. We are out of the running now unless we beat Belgium at Hampden in front of 30,000 as the fans have lost belief in Scotland. Hampden should be demolished and play our home games at cp the big ones athat least and the games v Cyprus, Kazakhstan etc play them at Pittodrie, Tyne tynecatleor easter road were it's guaranteedto be a full stadium. Embarrassing to see big empty spaces in such an important game as that. Complete fail. We have the nation's leagueroute to still make it but that means Finland Czech or Croatia and some other nation we have the players now so I do blame Clarke 100% for this has he a grudue against Celtic? We have the best players for Scotland by a country mile not starting with Christie was unforgivable and shades of GS and dreck

Bring on the choclatiers, apparently Scotland are 12 to 1 at home on some coupons, which of course means if you stick a tenner on Scotland to win, you will be a tenner out of pocket.

Anywhooooo I never wanted Clarke as a Celtic manager, never wanted Neil back either, but one out of two ain't shabby, would still have backed Stevie though.

H.H

Glad to see Scotland get beat.

With me having 3 Scottish sons and a Scottish Grandson I could never say that in all honesty, but I hate the fookin fact that they have made US that way, bastards.

Back when I was, a plooky youth I went to a few Scottish international games, I was at the check Republic game early 70s, Anfield in 77 v the taffy mob, was at the through the legs game when our original turncoat scored v Big Ray, and many fookin more. But when I finally caught on I chucked it, I point blank refused to teach my sons bigotry, and allowed them to make their own conclusions, so far, the younger son is the only one to........ Well..... agree with me, in so much as we couldnae give a Fook about them, however because my 2 older sons love them sort of, I'm torn, so couldn't really want them to get beat, although during the ginger alkays term I bloody did. ??????

Clarke had the players to pick from who would have won the game .
He didn't pick them instead he went with players that the other gormless cnt went with
Never rated him as a manager still don't

Clarke had the players to pick from who would have won the game .
He didn't pick them instead he went with players that the other gormless cnt went with
Never rated him as a manager still don't
Think he’s an arrogant little man he’s knows best won fuck all at killie despite what the mejia say

I don't expect silky soccer from Scotland,but I do expect well organized, hard work, full if determination playing for the jersey, have real go ....if we lose go down fighting. Instead we see clueless, gutless uninterested nonentities masquerading as international players. Pitiful, we pick players on reputations especially those playing down south. Time to make a stand, promote OUR game, ignore the hype..not like we have anything to lose. Bloody Stirling Albion would show more effort and ideas

With me having 3 Scottish sons and a Scottish Grandson I could never say that in all honesty, but I hate the fookin fact that they have made US that way, bastards.

Back when I was, a plooky youth I went to a few Scottish international games, I was at the check Republic game early 70s, Anfield in 77 v the taffy mob, was at the through the legs game when our original turncoat scored v Big Ray, and many fookin more. But when I finally caught on I chucked it, I point blank refused to teach my sons bigotry, and allowed them to make their own conclusions, so far, the younger son is the only one to........ Well..... agree with me, in so much as we couldnae give a Fook about them, however because my 2 older sons love them sort of, I'm torn, so couldn't really want them to get beat, although during the ginger alkays term I bloody did. ??????
Fair point. Fuck the SFA! And fuck Clarke the Arrogant prick!

Never really bothered wi them one way or the other. Don't care if they win ,don't care if they lose . Sat in the house on my own last night as all the family were working and still never turned the telly on to watch it. I just don't get that feeling of ecstatic joy or downright misery that I can only get fae watching the tic. Only something or someone you truly love can give us that HH

Following Scotland is now becoming embarrassing. Stevie Clarke , on the basis of a season of defensive pish, for a team that achieved fuck all, is suddenly the messiah of Scottish football.
All the SFA did was appoint the populist candidate.
What has he achieved in football ? Chelsea deputy manager and West Brom failure. We need to aspire to more than that.

Following Scotland is now becoming embarrassing. Stevie Clarke , on the basis of a season of defensive pish, for a team that achieved fuck all, is suddenly the messiah of Scottish football.
All the SFA did was appoint the populist candidate.
What has he achieved in football ? Chelsea deputy manager and West Brom failure. We need to aspire to more than that.
I think they appointed Steve Clarke to stop him constantly highlighting the SFA/SPFL/Scottish refereeing and of course the Scottish media from them turning a deaf ear to the Racist/Sectarian issues that occur on a weekly basis.

Members online

Latest posts

Back