Scottish Champs v European Champs, Tues 6th Sept 2022 at 8pm (BST)

Ffs, 7 page of people arguing with plumbhoy, which is most definitely clay with another login/name……why bother, just use the ignore button 🤷‍♂️

It's annoying because he set it up and people took the bait unfortunately. Everyone has the right to their criticism of the team whenever they want, like I thought Jota was poor and Juranovics positioning could have been better. But as a whole, we all agreed that Celtic held their own against the best in europe and the score was not a true reflection of the fame....then plum hits out with we got "pumped"...I'd imagine he got the reaction he was looking for.

Do any of you guys frequent the squirrel bar by any chance?-thats another cliquey weird place where good Tim's arent welcomed

Plum, I never called you a hun at all last night. Why didn't you engage with me? Why were you just biting back at certain people to get more of a reaction and argument. You claimed we got pumped 3-0 at home after reading post after post of how proud we all were of the team. Surely you knew what sort of reaction you'd get. You claimed you were only stating "facts" when you obviously weren't.

In the cold light of day, I still have a warm and fuzzy feeling about the events of last night. There are harsh lessons we still have to learn at this level, but the players still deserve greatcredit for their efforts.

However - that's one of the free hits out of play now and we have to back up that effort with a huge away performance next week. As a consequence of last night, expectations for these players have been raised and they are capable of doing something in this competition. It is now imperative that we get some kind of result, as falling 6 points behind Shaktar will likely put us out of contention for second spot.

For as much as the lads deserve plaudits, it's points they need now

Plum, I never called you a hun at all last night. Why didn't you engage with me? Why were you just biting back at certain people to get more of a reaction and argument. You claimed we got pumped 3-0 at home after reading post after post of how proud we all were of the team. Surely you knew what sort of reaction you'd get. You claimed you were only stating "facts" when you obviously weren't.
Look mate-i was a bit annoyed at the result-I know we gave a good account of ourselves-but the record books will show we list 3 nil at home-I might have been a bit harsh using the term pumped-but the avalanche of abuse I got for it genuinely shocked mate-was gutted tbh

Look mate-i was a bit annoyed at the result-I know we gave a good account of ourselves-but the record books will show we list 3 nil at home-I might have been a bit harsh using the term pumped-but the avalanche of abuse I got for it genuinely shocked mate-was gutted tbh

I think a lot of people were disappointed last night mate and, I for one, know that today a lot of the boys up north are going to have to listen to their hun mates and colleagues, who probably never watched the match, tell them how their team was "pumped" again in europe when that wasn't the case. I've already stated many times on here that the personal abuse dished out sometimes is shocking and brings the forum down.
People have falling out on here and took some shit but bounced back. Apologies have been handed out and everyone has moved on. I hope the same happens for you as it would be shit to lose another member. Sometimes it better just to walk away from a situation. Doesn't make anyone a shitebag. Hopefully we go on and pump the next mob and it's all peace and love again!!!

Lessons learnt from last night though...
Ange is a ghod.
We are only getting better.
Everyone sees everything different.
Everyone handles things differently.
And for God sake....its not alright to sleep with your mum and dad.
Right.....on to the next thread. Who we playing this weekend??

Hunner percent mate.
This wasnt a backs to the wall performance and on another day we couldve been 2 up at one point.
Nothing for couldve , obviously, but I'm proud at how we went about our business tonight.
I know that JJ is taking stick from some quarters but tbh Vinicious jnr had the ball on a string at times and that was a thankless task for any defender.
I'd much prefer we gave it a go as we did than be a version of Ross County v ourselves.
We're the Scottish champions at home and played as such.
They're 4 times champions league winners in the last 7 seasons , a little bit of realism with our pint is no bad thing.
They were rattled in the 1st half, and we were unfortunate not to go in front.
The game couldve been different, but we didn't get the luck/rub of the green our play deserved I thought.

The very fact that we were optimistic before this game speaks encylopaedias given our position just over 12 months ago.
Back then any one of us would have been laughed out the building for even contemplating it.
Let's not forget that we are ahead of schedule, well ahead.
Near 20 players in the door in 3 windows and we feel prepared to go toe to toe with that side.
Says it all.
I still maintain that should we finish above 4th from 4 , then that's an enormous achievement.
Tonight we played the best side Europe has to offer and whilst the scoreline might suggest we were handed one , we certainly were not.

Chances taken tonight Allybhoy and we might've seen a different result.
Sure , might've, could've etc wins you nothing but plaudits
This is the reason why we're here though, to be tested .
Against the best.
They dont come better than that side tonight.
We were tested but showed really well I believe.

We aren't tested in Scotland, not enough and often its usually been down to our own mistakes or mibbery that we're even tested at all domestically.

I'm positive that like the rest of us , even Ange was hopeful that we could do something tonight.
Im also positive that he won't be overly disappointed because hes all about the performance and I saw a top drawer performance from Celtic.

At 3-0 down we were still trying to take the game to Madrid,
how many sides will they face like that I wonder.
Our first half display , 1st 55 mins or so,
I was really impressed with the performance against the best side Ancelotti has brought to CP, certainly the most successful one.
Probably the reason it's the first time hes ever left CP victorious.

Calmac was so unlucky, Courtois was well beaten , had no idea where the ball was ,like us he thought it was in.
Some of our passing under pressure and opening up Madrid at times was genuinely really great play, the Abada opportunity etc.
We were doing it against the best and even in the second half Maeda had the opportunity to put us in front.
I wont criticise maeda , he was just on and I think mightve started that move off?

I look back 12 months , see a Celtic side under a new unknown manager , snubbed by a high profile English manager, losing our first 3 away games etc and now?

Now we have expectations ( optimistic ones granted) that we can challenge the very best.
We bested the very best that first half , when it comes to clear cut chances despite their possession, which was far closer by the end 40/60 or so.

We have every chance of progressing despite this result in one tournament or another, perhaps 3rd ahead of leipzig is a realistic goal but we dream bigger.

Celtic lost 3-0 at home to European champions Real Madrid ( shockaroonie- not) .
Chelsea lost away to Dinamo Zagreb 1-0
Leipzig lost 4-1 at home to Shakhtar ( manys favourites for 4th place).
Those are shock results.

I'm disappointed that the result shows 3-0 defeat but I'm encouraged by the performance and that we didnt lose our way in how Ange wants us to play tactically for the entirity.

First half.
I'm proud of how we took them on to the brink.
How calmac rendered modric anonymous.
Jota was beating his man.
Abada was getting on the end of things and in the right positions.
Hart did what's expected.
Defence held strong.

We didnt convert this time unfortunately but I saw enough of that to take great heart from .
We are ahead of schedule too, it's near ridiculous how 20 players have bedded in so seamlessly and quickly.

Disappointed leaving the pub , but honestly, beer wearing off, I'm possibly more optimistic than before.
Hoping to catch them off their game but enforced ours and then champions enforced theirs and made it count.
That was the difference HH 🍀

In the cold light of day, I still have a warm and fuzzy feeling about the events of last night. There are harsh lessons we still have to learn at this level, but the players still deserve greatcredit for their efforts.

However - that's one of the free hits out of play now and we have to back up that effort with a huge away performance next week. As a consequence of last night, expectations for these players have been raised and they are capable of doing something in this competition. It is now imperative that we get some kind of result, as falling 6 points behind Shaktar will likely put us out of contention for second spot.

For as much as the lads deserve plaudits, it's points they need now

I hate the whole tartan army "glorious failures" attitude and I know people looking in from outside will look at Celtic fans this morning and think we are doing the same. "Yeez still got beat" will be the hun and media cry. "Battered in europe again" will be the comments from people who never saw the game. But the positives I'm taking from it is that in Ange and the bhoys 1st game together in the champions league, we gave a good account of ourselves. Everything that Ange has done so far at Celtic, he's improved on. His tactics, his team selection, the players he's brought in. Every stage has been better than the last. So it's only right to assume that there will be an improvement in the next champions league match surely?
I can not see this team going out and losing by a cricket score like we have had to witness in the past.
I'll be honest, I'm one of those people who are terrified of Celtic in the champions league. I'm definitely a "the europa league is our level" kind of fan. The embarrassing scorelines over the years have worn me down. But after last night's performance I'm now thinking, bring it on!! We deserve to be here.

Last edited:
I hate the whole tartan army "glorious failures" attitude and I know people looking in from outside will look at Celtic fans this morning and think we are doing the same. "Yeez still got beat" will be the hun and media cry. "Battered in europe again" will be the comments from people who never saw the game. But the positives I'm taking from it is that in Ange and the bhoys 1st game together in the champions league, we gave a good account of ourselves. Everything that Ange has done so far at Celtic, he's improved on. His tactics, his team selection, the players he's brought in. Every stage has been better than the last. So it's only right to assume that there will be an improvement in the next champions league match surely?
I can not see this team going out and losing by a cricket score like we have had to witness in the past.
I'll be honest, I'm one of those people who are terrified of Celtic in the champions league. I'm definitely a "the europa league is our level" kind of fan. The embarrassing shorelines over the years have worn me down. But after last night's performance I'm now thinking, bring it on!! We deserve to be here.
Thing is how many would a team like real score against us if we sat back and tried to sneak a draw the fact we played our game made carlo change things up and give his side a rocket the second half they showed why they're the champions nothing wrong with admitting we arent on a par with Madrid but we showed we will compete with the teams just below that level HH

I'm not massively disappointed. We credited ourselves very well, against one of the best teams in the world. They are a top side with super players. No weaknesses at all. And in my opinion, possibly the cutest and best manager on the planet. We took the game to them, played some very good football, fought hard, showed no fear, and when things went against us, did not lie down and roll over. That is all we can ask of our team. We had no shirkers. Mistakes yes, but that is football. And even the very greatest have made them. Our players now know their benchmark. Ange will have them focused and working, to get as close to it, as possible. Our supporters were magnificent, and deserve the plaudits they are getting from the Real Madrid squad.
Well done all. Proud of you. On to 'Livi' now, and a further three points. 🍀 💚 👏 👍

Last edited:
A wee point fur aw the Tena man wearers oan the noise, when Benzema when aff, they brought on their “back up” striker Eden Hazzard, who according to wiki, was transferred to RM for £150 million, just about EVERYONE in the RM team is worth more than our ENTIRE TEAM that’s the difference playing in in “big” league, buying power…..

Best we can hope for is to give them a bloody nose……we threw a few punches, but they were only glancing blows

I woke up this morning beaten….but proud, unbowed and unrepentant……but still a supporter of the best team in Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Hail hail

We competed with Real for 45 mins, but lost our way second half and were caught out by the speed of their breaks, we didn't look nearly as composed on the ball and at times we were slow to press, the min big CCV went to ground in the middle of the pitch Real steamed forward and took advantage to score the first, Yea we lost but this was more than expected against the European Champions, 10 of whom stared that final 3 months ago.

Our CL campaign begins next week imho yesterday was a freebie of a game, so no judgement from me, we were decent for 45 but as we all know the game lasts 90 and we have to compete every second of every minute in these games.

Lastly it was a joy to be there and see some truly great players, like wee Luca, for me their metronome, but the have an able replacement in Valverde he was outstanding last night.

Real won playing pure beautiful inventive football, no cheating no time wasting or diving and its this style of inventive football we should be striving for, they were a joy to watch and worth the cost of the 3 match package on their own.

Once again the 12th man was a joy to behold.

Occasionally our love for, and commitment to, our team, leads to us making comments which, if we'd just taken a breath, we wouldn't have made. We've all done that at some point. As individuals we truly are a mixed bunch. The Noise is, if you like, a microcosm of humanity itself. I myself have been guilty of overreaction after losing a game, the result of which seemed, at the time, to be the most important thing in the history of Timdom.
I hope I've learned to show patience when one, or more, of my fellow supporters show their frustration by momentarily losing control of their thought process when voicing their opinion.
Equally, we would, I think, acknowledge the fact that we can watch the same game and reach different conclusions as to how it panned out. Sometimes what we think of as being outrageous, is, to the person making the comment, actually an accurate assessment of the game we've just watched.
The glue that bonds us, is the burning desire to see our team play well ....and win ! Doesn't always work out that way though. Sometimes the other guys are actually better than we are.
You good folk, my fellow Noisers, are all intelligent people. I love reading your comments and assessment of how things stand with our club, both on and off the field. Quite often, I find it difficult to agree with some of the comments. But you know what ? That's absolutely fine. No way does it mean one of us is a hun !

Latest posts

Back