Scottish Champs v European Champs, Tues 6th Sept 2022 at 8pm (BST)

I'm really enjoying reading the threads folks. Absolutely love the positivity.
For myself, I'm looking forward to a special night, at a special place, with special people. Do I think we can get that positive result ? Well, yes, I think we can . Do I think we WILL get it though ? In truth I'd take not losing, this is the game we can use to measure our progress under Ange. It's not just the magical name Real Madrid we're playing, they're actually a team blessed with a number of genuine world class players. I just want our Bhoys to do themselves, and us, proud. Bring it on !

Sky currently live from Lennoxtown, the players making their way out onto the training pitch in the background. Kyogo taking part, looks like he's fit. No sign of Starfelt.
I think the Kyogo injury was a ruse, all in the grand plan by Ange…let them line up thinking its Kyogo but we’ll get him off str8 away and stick GG on, that’ll fuck wi their heads…big mans no stupid u know…😉

Last time a was a celtic Park against real Madrid we won 2-0,we rode our luck at the back with cunnigham coming close a few times, hope we ride our luck again cos the gap from then and now between the teams is night and day, I hope we can get a draw maybe 2-2,a great game they will come at us and we will go at them

Striker Kyogo Furuhashi is available to face Real Madrid in Celtic's Champions League group-stage opener, says manager Ange Postecoglou.

The Japan forward scored six goals in five games before going off after three minutes of Saturday's 4-0 win over Rangers.
However, centre-back Carl Starfelt will miss the Group F meeting with the defending champions at Celtic Park.

"He trained this morning and looked OK," Postecoglou said of Kyogo.

Striker Kyogo Furuhashi is available to face Real Madrid in Celtic's Champions League group-stage opener, says manager Ange Postecoglou.

The Japan forward scored six goals in five games before going off after three minutes of Saturday's 4-0 win over Rangers.
However, centre-back Carl Starfelt will miss the Group F meeting with the defending champions at Celtic Park.

"He trained this morning and looked OK," Postecoglou said of Kyogo.
It's a trick of course, the whole idea is to lure them into a false sense of insecurity only to unleash Giakoumakis, jota, Abada etc ( ok that disnae make sense ).
Seriously though, looking at both the squads announced the other day was a bit of an ' oh this is really happening ' moment.
Looking at their squad , kroos , modric , rodrygo, benzema ( I wont name them all).
At the same time though , looking at ours and tbh its probably got to go back to when we beat them early 80s to find a side capable of doing them. ( no disrespect to the relatively successful champions league sides of WGS Celtic or lennys celtic, and MON UEFA cup Celtic side.
Of those 3 , probably MON Celtic to me were the one Celtic we kind of expected great things from with Larsson in the side, sutton etc and they delivered.
This has more of a WGS Celtic feel about it because literally I have no idea what might happen.
It's a huge step up from the joint EL winners excluding penalties to the actual champions league champions.
It's so exciting as we know, all of us , our approach.
I just hope we start well and the crowd can get right on top of it from the get go
Mon the hoops HH

It's a trick of course, the whole idea is to lure them into a false sense of insecurity only to unleash Giakoumakis, jota, Abada etc ( ok that disnae make sense ).
Seriously though, looking at both the squads announced the other day was a bit of an ' oh this is really happening ' moment.
Looking at their squad , kroos , modric , rodrygo, benzema ( I wont name them all).
At the same time though , looking at ours and tbh its probably got to go back to when we beat them early 80s to find a side capable of doing them. ( no disrespect to the relatively successful champions league sides of WGS Celtic or lennys celtic, and MON UEFA cup Celtic side.
Of those 3 , probably MON Celtic to me were the one Celtic we kind of expected great things from with Larsson in the side, sutton etc and they delivered.
This has more of a WGS Celtic feel about it because literally I have no idea what might happen.
It's a huge step up from the joint EL winners excluding penalties to the actual champions league champions.
It's so exciting as we know, all of us , our approach.
I just hope we start well and the crowd can get right on top of it from the get go
Mon the hoops HH
av a good feelin about this game

av a good feelin about this game
I have as well Kelly bhoy. HH ( keep the faith) 🍀
It's not just our current domestic form,
but last season , in both our Europa League group stages games away to Leverkusen and Betis,
we raced into pretty commanding leads.
Had our defense been as strong and well acquainted with the system and one another as they are now , well, who knows?
We might not have lost those advantages so cheaply.
We got handed one at home to Leverkusen but they can do that to any side on their game.
Performance wise , we made up for that over there.
Are Leipzig and Shakhtar stronger than Leverkusen and Betis?
Not much if at all I'd confidently guestimate ( is that really a thing?)
We definitely are stronger than the side we were this time last season.
Thats where my good wee feeling about this game is coming from
Mon the hoops HH

Last edited:
For me this may be the match where we won't win. We all know this. No pish talk. If we go at them and show good football ill be happy.

Moving on to the plan A criticism.
Ange saying we stick to plan A.

I had a think about what plan A is.

The huns played under Smith with one way.
Mon played his way.

In this team, when they have been doing it right many a tactic. (when on it)

If look closley enough.
Ange saying plan A is plan A = slap.

Hun pundit "plan a = go mental for 15mins and score"
Rangers couldnt find an answer.

"you drongo statement, break it down"

Faster quicker

When the huns settled.
The defensive press started.
Is that plan b?

When they pressed deep and we played long cut them open is that plan C?

Ffs. Idiots.
Love ange for pointing that out. Sly as it was. Lad is a patter merchant. Dead pan.

When it comes to Real. Christ we will be scrapping with all of that intensity, pressing, getting done with a pass etc.

Fine. Go for it.

We got away with a few pish passes against the huns because they are imploding, ffp and a manager that couldn't inspire a turnip to best a triple cooked king Edward triple cooked piper.
Last time I checked we eat that for breki, lunch and dinner....tatties that is

The plan bcdefghijklmnopqrstruvwxyz

Might happen. If it does lubo picks the score

Last edited:
For me this may be the match where we won't win. We all know this. No pish talk. If we go at them and show good football ill be happy.

Moving on to the plan A criticism.
Ange saying we stick to plan A.

I had a think about what plan A is.

The huns played under Smith with one way.
Mon played his way.

In this team, when they have been doing it right many a tactic. (when on it)

If look closley enough.
Ange saying plan A is plan A = slap.

Hun pundit "plan a = go mental for 15mins and score"
Rangers couldnt find an answer.

"you drongo statement, break it down"

Faster quicker

When the huns settled.
The defensive press started.
Is that plan b?

When they pressed deep and we played long cut them open is that plan C?

Ffs. Idiots.
Love ange for pointing that out. Sly as it was. Lad is a patter merchant. Dead pan.

When it comes to Real. Christ we will be scrapping with all of that intensity, pressing, getting done with a pass etc.

Fine. Go for it.

We got away with a few pish passes against the huns because they are imploding, ffp and a manager that couldn't inspire a turnip to best a triple cooked king Edward triple cooked piper.
Last time I checked we eat that for breki, lunch and dinner....tatties that is

The plan bcdefghijklmnopqrstruvwxyz

Might happen. If it does lubo picks the score
Have you checked the mushrooms on the menu? Just askin 🤣

As I have gotten older and with all these years watching football, I have got a bit cynical about the game. It's all about the money, or how much debt you can get away with, blah blah.

This Celtic team has got me dreaming again. That maybe something magical could actually happen tomorrow night.

As I have gotten older and with all these years watching football, I have got a bit cynical about the game. It's all about the money, or how much debt you can get away with, blah blah.

This Celtic team has got me dreaming again. That maybe something magical could actually happen tomorrow night.
It's a dreadful picture , todays game being it's a business model, money maker.
Need only look at man utd fans grief at selling out.
We have as well to an extent having DD as major shareholder.
So I'm with you on the dream.
It would be a tonic for the game here, and football will be the winner should we get something from a side we could only dream of playing against last season.
For the second time in 4 days our club Celtic will have the eyes of the world focus on us again.
Rightly so.
Celtic at home to Real Madrid is a game steeped in history and envokes the romance in football.
Had our club seen the same investment as our opponents over the years, who knows what Celtic would have achieved?
Would we still be the same club with our values and traditions in tact though ?
Not convinced of that, money tends to strip away at tradition.

There are three things in our favour heading into this game:

1. It is effectively a 'free hit'. In spite of how we feel, no one outside of our own conclave believe we can lay a glove on them.

2. Real Madrid can't really be arsed with the group stages, the competition only starts for them in the knockout phase.

3. We are pretty much an unknown quantity at this level after much recent underachieving in Europe. I doubt many sides are having sleepless nights about facing us and we have to pounce on that complacency and cram it right up them.

Winning this tie won't make us, but losing it won't break us either. If RM are switched on, at full strength and up for it, then it could be a long night. If they are in can't be arsed mode, then we have a chance to lay down a pretty big marker. Either way, Ange's philosophy is to play the game, not the opposition. It should be Real Madrid's honour to experience and respect the magic of Celtic Park on a CL night, it is not Celtic's obligation to honour or respect their well financed reputation (in saying that, I would have no issue with the fans giving Modric an ovation. That wee fella is a true footballing great and it will be a privilege to watch him grace our hallowed turf).

Well here we go, the one we have all been waiting for, this supersedes all games this season so far including the Huns {hearts were harder}

Should we start as quick as we have been this season i can see an early goal as we will play at a pace they wont have been used against Spanish opposition, they will have done their homework but when it comes to the game with the support behind the team i think we can catch them cold.

when they start getting their act together RM will come back after us, we will be cautious of this and will act accordingly.

after the first 15 mins we wont see as much of the ball as we are used to and it will depend how well we perform as a team in defending their attacking play.

Having said that i think again should we hold the lead until half time we can again catch them on the break early in the second half and hopefully hold on to a winning score of 2-1.

so if your as daft as me and agree with the above then the bet has to be Kyogo first goal and Celtic to win 2-1.

Canny fekin wait.

Hail Hail

Members online

Latest posts

Back