Scottish Cup semi-final Celtic v Old Firm FC

Fuckin pish. The guy was unlucky. The defender in front of him was to blame if anybody. Some people just can't wait to find a fall guy. Truth is we were poor today as a team.
Wasn't saying Starfelt was to blame just that at Ibrox he would have been in front of the player clearing it the decision making today was terrible from the start of the game an all round poor performance and hopefully it's the wake up call needed to set us on the winning road to the title

Disappointed, but not overly worried. The league is, always was, and always will be, my number one priority.
However, a bit of a dilemma for the mini huns though. Do they do their usual lie down, roll over and have their belly tickled in the final league match against their relations ? Or do they try and set down a marker for the final? My bet is they will roll over 3- 0 in both matches.

Last edited:
So I'm in from the game now finally, back in the hotel. I met some absolute fuckin legends today. Men who who walked the walk and never talked, long before I was out of nappies. An absolute privilege to have been in the company of humble heroes and legends.
We lost a game today. Nothing more than a minor setback.
Today's defeat means nothing from a strategic perspective.
We lost a barely significant skirmish in the context of the wider campaign.
Let them have their little consolation prize.
Only one team can win the league and walk into the CL.
If you know your UNBROKEN HISTORY you know.
Unbowed, unbroken we stride on towards glory.
The best they can hope for is a free turn at a Gough glory hole.
The future is bright; it's green and white.
Hold your heads high
And don't mind the shite.

I get knocked down but I get up again. Nothings ever gonna keep me down.

Ross County at Dingwall is the next challenge and if we win we are three points closer to the title with at least a 6 point gap and just 4 games to go

4 big games left for us this season.
Win the next 2 lge games and RB pumpin the huns, we will end the season smiling with a double.
Unfortunately the new club are a cert for their 2nd major honour.
Would hate to be Hearts goin into that final knowing its a preordained result.
I for one will be betting on a red AND a Tavpen in that game.
We’re all disappointed because of how Ange has recovered the club to such a place that we actually had a serious chance of a treble, to have us on for a double is just as incredible from where we were.
Chins up noisers, there’s good times ahead.

Had overnight to reflect.
The gin helped!!
Feel we were just out muscled in the middle of the park.
Didnt close them down and their high press was more effective than ours and, disappointingly, for longer.
Not going to criticise too much as we were a CCV shot away from winning.
Lets get the league done and we’ll have had a fine season.
Down but not out.
HH

Slow to press other than Maeda, Tom wasn't allowed to play and was ineffective due to a lenient mib with his hair on upside down.

There is no doubt the MIB had an influence from not booking their players to allowing the huns to take as long as they liked with set plays etc, but for me it seemed as though we were lightweight in the middle but I suppose its easy to say that when they were allowed to foul our guys without worry.

Hatate should have been off after 60/70 mins the boy was gubbed, with no Bitton it should have been McCarthy to add a bit of grit to our mids.

Wingers all 3 ineffective as were the fullbacks who finished the game.

Infact none of our subs were decent yesterday although Kyogo like Maeda before him hardly got any help from our mids.

All in all we got what we deserved yesterday, we looked a yard slower than normal and once the huns played with 2 wide men after we scored we got caught out time and time again.

In the grand scheme of things the cup would have been a nice bonus, but its eyes on the main prize now Celtic, get over the line in the league and yesterday will be a distant memory.

H.H 🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪

If Juranovic was still on the park they wouldn't have scored the winner and we would have been more of a forward threat in extra time. Had Ralston not been move to left back when Taylor went off they probably wouldn't have scored the winner either. Not a criticism of Welsh, a centre half who hasn't played for months, if there's any criticism its to Forrest for leaving Welsh with a 2 v 1.
The full backs are key to how we play and Juranovic in particular is a massive miss when he is not on the pitch (or stuck on the left).

Last edited:
Woke up feeling a bit mmm it was a sore one, although we did not play the way we can, I still believe because of the rugby tactics from Sevco going unpunished contributed to the result.

I also doubt Hearts will have a fair and unbiased ref in the final.
They can both get on with it, now time for us and Celtic to move on keep winning the remaining matches and secure the big one.

If Juranovic was still on the park they wouldn't have scored the winner and we would have been more of a forward threat in extra time. Had Ralston not been move to left back when Taylor went off they probably wouldn't have scored the winner either. Not a criticism of Welsh, a centre half who hasn't played for months, if there's any criticism its to Forrest for leaving Welsh with a 2 v 1.
The full backs are key to how we play and Juranovic in particular is a massive miss when he is not on the pitch (or stuck on the left).
I said on the way out yesterday re Welsh and Forrest that it looked as if they had been given different information, Welsh played his first few passes to Forrest short and it looked as though Jamsie was looking for it over the defenders to turn them, either way they were both out of sink with each other.

Members online

Latest posts

Back