Scottish govt eyes October 2023 referendum

How does one devide the armed forces? We've got 8% of the UK population so we'll take 8% of all the military equipment, but we don't want nukes so we'll have 4 extra tanks and a sub instead?
It's another one of those potentially huge cluster fucks, like currency, hard borders with the rest of the UK, trade deals etc etc that are so difficult to solve it'll just be ignored.
That's easy it's a woman doin the picking as the billy connolly joke goes

i'll have some of that
most of that
all of that
a bit of that
more of that
none of that

and stay awake cos it'll all change in a few minutes

Heres the thing , sturgeon can pencil in any date she likes for an indyref and have one on that date.
It will only mean that Scotland's people do or dont want it though, until no10 gives sturgeon the ok to go ahead with another indyref then it wont happen.
They have the last word on it this was the same for the last 2 referendums.
I voted for independence and would again but what uk leader in their right mind would ok another indyref especially now when they can barely keep it together in England and Wales?
None I suspect. Hope I'm wrong but think I'm right.
The thing about faslane and our defence capabilities is extremely complicated as well as it may be here in Scotland( the base) but the subs, ships, RAF's lossiemouth etc doesnt belong to Scotland, they belong to the uk and this is something that would take longer than brexit to sort out.
I mean can anyone see a tory led uk government saying aye Scotland can just keep faslane, its sub and missiles and its RAF bases, equipment etc?
Nah me either. Though how many scots would want faslane to remain and our money go towards nukes? Not me.
Also national service would no doubt be reintroduced ( maybe), but with the uncertainties in the world I wouldnt be surprised, and how many young people would vote for that?
We are one of the richest countries in the world on our own anyway as many have said.
Theres no question we can go it alone 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Heres the thing , sturgeon can pencil in any date she likes for an indyref and have one on that date.
It will only mean that Scotland's people do or dont want it though, until no10 gives sturgeon the ok to go ahead with another indyref then it wont happen.
They have the last word on it this was the same for the last 2 referendums.
I voted for independence and would again but what uk leader in their right mind would ok another indyref especially now when they can barely keep it together in England and Wales?
None I suspect. Hope I'm wrong but think I'm right.
The thing about faslane and our defence capabilities is extremely complicated as well as it may be here in Scotland( the base) but the subs, ships, RAF's lossiemouth etc doesnt belong to Scotland, they belong to the uk and this is something that would take longer than brexit to sort out.
I mean can anyone see a tory led uk government saying aye Scotland can just keep faslane, its sub and missiles and its RAF bases, equipment etc?
Nah me either. Though how many scots would want faslane to remain and our money go towards nukes? Not me.
Also national service would no doubt be reintroduced ( maybe), but with the uncertainties in the world I wouldnt be surprised, and how many young people would vote for that?
We are one of the richest countries in the world on our own anyway as many have said.
Theres no question we can go it alone 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Article 1 of the UN Charter (1945) confirms that it is a fundamental right embedded within international law for self-determination. Westminster cannot deny Scotland their right to a referendum without breaking international law (something they do not shy away from admittedly). Of course they don't want Scotland to break away as they desperately need our resources.

I've read many scare stories over the years concocted by the Project Fear team but I must admit that this is the first time I have heard youngsters getting threatened with compulsory national service. Mind you, we know they will fight even dirtier this time with Project Fear 2 so I expect even worse to follow.

Are those figures total turnover or what can be expected from tax revenue?
Since this simple but inconvenient question was patched allow me to expand.
The figures banded about are total turnover, turnover doesn't make anyone rich, profit does and since almost all of the industries listed previously are dominated by companies who are not Scottish guess where the profit goes? Not Scotland is the simple answer.
What Scotland would receive is a tax revenue from those "foreign" companies, a fraction of the turnover.
If someone wants to vote for independence fine but don't base it on crazy figures that don't tell half the story and are in fact created to hoodwink you.
It's no better than the Boris bullshit about £300m a week extra for the NHS after Brexit, a complete fantasy figure but those who believed in Brexit believed the nonsense, a classic case of confirmation bias and its become absolutely rife in politics over the last decade. Tell people what they want to hear and they'll vote for you, who gives a shit if it's a lie.

Article 1 of the UN Charter (1945) confirms that it is a fundamental right embedded within international law for self-determination. Westminster cannot deny Scotland their right to a referendum without breaking international law (something they do not shy away from admittedly). Of course they don't want Scotland to break away as they desperately need our resources.

I've read many scare stories over the years concocted by the Project Fear team but I must admit that this is the first time I have heard youngsters getting threatened with compulsory national service. Mind you, we know they will fight even dirtier this time with Project Fear 2 so I expect even worse to follow.
Westminster breaking international law?
Wh..wh..whit? Shirley naw? Boris..break the law? Away 😂

Disgraceful bill ill thought out and implemented by a masonic police force but if we go back to the start of it we had Salmond who every year the huns won the league sent a congratulations Email to sevco (they were posted up on kds before 2012 ) yet none for Celtic

We had both Salmond and MacAskil who was the justice secretary at the time sitting at a cup semi final where the huns bile was spewed for 94minutes and claimed it was a wonderful spectacle

The aftermath of the shame game ,,,,,,Salmond did a deal with Bain to help push through on bringing a bill in in exchange for the Snps help in dealing with the taxman ,invited to join in the charade was FF fkwit dingwall whose web site is the most racist and sectarian on the internet and pat fkn nevin , Celtic should have walked out there and then it was put more across that WE were the problem ,,,,,

You then had the title march from ibrox to george sq , sectarian singing vandalisim pishing in the streets ,assaults,,,,,,,,3 snp mps took to twitter demanding the police did something and called out the behaviour .

Snp fm switched her twitter off ,Dfm switched his twitter off ,,,,it was 3 days before it even got a mention and when it did it was a mealymouth statement that she also managed to bring our club into it

a week later the exact same thing happened but on a larger scale this time it ended in a mini riot ,,,,,,,,no response from both ,,,,,,oh and managed to bring our club into the both as bad as each other statement ,,,,,again

The statue protests ,,,,,,police kettled union members /Gb members on a peaceful protest ,yet ignored the maruding huns taunting innocent protesters ,again snp statement managed to name celtic fans but ignored to name the huns ?

As a Celtic fan and a non voter ,,,,,,,you can see a pattern

many folk will see the snp as a vehicle to idependence and then vote for another party i just don't see it happening , by courting the orange vote they have lost just as many tim votes

Best post on this thread IMO 👏

How does one devide the armed forces? We've got 8% of the UK population so we'll take 8% of all the military equipment, but we don't want nukes so we'll have 4 extra tanks and a sub instead?
It's another one of those potentially huge cluster fucks, like currency, hard borders with the rest of the UK, trade deals etc etc that are so difficult to solve it'll just be ignored.

SNP - "We want to break up the union because we don't want that English mob having a say in how we run our country, so vote for us and we will take you back into the EU, where the Brussels mob will have a say in how we run our country 🤭🤭.....oh and we will invent our own money..."

These fkrs are shitting themselves if they lose Scotland and it’s wealth of resources. Link below to up to date facts and figures of an independent Scotland. That’s why they are refusing us even the chance to choose. So if we live in a DEMOCRACY we should be able to choose and not be ‘told’ by the worst government in my lifetime (and that’s quite a long one to date) that we should not get to make that choice because that would be a Dictatorship would it not.

These fkrs are shitting themselves if they lose Scotland and it’s wealth of resources. Link below to up to date facts and figures of an independent Scotland. That’s why they are refusing us even the chance to choose. So if we live in a DEMOCRACY we should be able to choose and not be ‘told’ by the worst government in my lifetime (and that’s quite a long one to date) that we should not get to make that choice because that would be a Dictatorship would it not.

Imo its always been a dictatorship disguised as a democracy

All regimes wish they were as good at it as the Vampire counts of UK

If your prepared to sink your teeth into and drink the resources of other countries and pretend its not for the benefit of the few of the few then you will vote UK and its hidden hand.

SNP - "We want to break up the union because we don't want that English mob having a say in how we run our country, so vote for us and we will take you back into the EU, where the Brussels mob will have a say in how we run our country 🤭🤭.....oh and we will invent our own money..."
thats what money is

its an invention that has no intrinsic value unless you believe in fiat theory

let there be money

ergo fiat currency

its not backed by gold standard.

they can print it with impunity - quantative easing.

Any currency can be used so long as its backed by the government of the fiat declaration.

thats why some countries dont use the pound but can still buy stuff

And any country can declare the pound their currency it just increases demand for the paper its written

lots of non us countries peg their version of monopoly money to a standard like us dollars

us like it coz it keeps their currency demands high

the currency quagmire doesnt exist unless you want to create fear in breaking from their monopoly (money)

"All Scotlands wealth"
"We can be one of the richest countries in the world"
"England need our recources"

You all realise that should Scotland gain independence, you aren't all going to become millionaires overnight. Nothing will change for the poor and working class of Scotland. It may not get worse for you but it certainly won't get better. Politicians, who have businesses on the side, will get wealthier, maybe. Big business, who's head offices are probably located in London or Europe, may get richer. But John and Jimmy up easterhouse or Betty in Drumchapel will still be poor. Politicians with a Scottish accent are just as corrupt and self serving as ones with English accents. Maybe the gift of independence will be shitty wee unmaintained swing parks in housing schemes with tartan gates saying "Brought to you by an independent Scottish Government".....im sure the tartan tories will feel very proud of that while they sit in their state of the art multi-billion pound parliament building.

thats what money is

its an invention that has no intrinsic value unless you believe in fiat theory

let there be money

ergo fiat currency

its not backed by gold standard.

they can print it with impunity - quantative easing.

Any currency can be used so long as its backed by the government of the fiat declaration.

thats why some countries dont use the pound but can still buy stuff

And any country can declare the pound their currency it just increases demand for the paper its written

lots of non us countries peg their version of monopoly money to a standard like us dollars

us like it coz it keeps their currency demands high

the currency quagmire doesnt exist unless you want to create fear in breaking from their monopoly (money)
That's what's been happening with the US, every time the price of gold goes up they print more paper money to try and devalue it.
This is in no small way connected to the fact that states federal reserve of gold is massively over exaggerated, they have nothing like the amount of gold they claim to have.
That people ( in the know) know this is because the amount of gold that's been dug up or found since year dot is pretty much all accounted for so the fort Knox couldnt possibly have what they claim to have.
If they did there would be no need to print more money every time the price of gold goes up

"All Scotlands wealth"

You all realise that should Scotland gain independence, you aren't all going to become millionaires overnight. Nothing will change for the poor and working class of Scotland. It may not get worse for you but it certainly won't get better. Politicians, who have businesses on the side, will get wealthier, maybe. Big business, who's head offices are probably located in London or Europe, may get richer. But John and Jimmy up easterhouse or Betty in Drumchapel will still be poor. Politicians with a Scottish accent are just as corrupt and self serving as ones with English accents. Maybe the gift of independence will be shitty wee unmaintained swing parks in housing schemes with tartan gates saying "Brought to you by an independent Scottish Government".....im sure the tartan tories will feel very proud of that while they sit in their state of the art multi-billion pound parliament building.
I'm sure that Gwain the 3rd of bridge of weir will disagree 😂 p.s great post

"All Scotlands wealth"

Dont you piss on the independence parade Lubo! I've watched an SNP party political broadcast and after independence everything will be perfect, absolutely perfect. The reason they don't explain how perfection will be achieved is because its obvious and it just will.
I heard that we'll all be getting bigger cocks after independence, including the women because it will be an equal society.
I canny wait, I'll be rich, free, successful, highly educated, healthy and i'll have a massive nob and so will the wife! Wait she's English she won't get the cock she'll get deported to Rowanda instead. 🙄

Back