Scottish govt eyes October 2023 referendum

As usual TT, you've made a welcome contribution to this debate. I agree with much of what you say, but given the fact that Scotland's GDP, per head of population, is at least as high, and frequently higher, than the other three nations which make up this this union of convenience, ( for Westminster), I've no doubt the country as a whole would be better off. There will, of course, be a period of transition. That is only to be expected. As someone who is celebrating his 74th birthday today, I could easily adopt the attitude that it doesn't affect me one way or the other. But when I look at my grandchildren, I feel a duty to give them the opportunity of self determination. Make no mistake, Scotland is more than capable of being a fairer more prosperous country than exists at present. We really have to start by making decisions for ourselves, BY ourselves !
Happy birthday Frank.(y)

As usual TT, you've made a welcome contribution to this debate. I agree with much of what you say, but given the fact that Scotland's GDP, per head of population, is at least as high, and frequently higher, than the other three nations which make up this this union of convenience, ( for Westminster), I've no doubt the country as a whole would be better off. There will, of course, be a period of transition. That is only to be expected. As someone who is celebrating his 74th birthday today, I could easily adopt the attitude that it doesn't affect me one way or the other. But when I look at my grandchildren, I feel a duty to give them the opportunity of self determination. Make no mistake, Scotland is more than capable of being a fairer more prosperous country than exists at present. We really have to start by making decisions for ourselves, BY ourselves !
Wow youre not far off Kellys age ..Happy Birthday

Happy birthday Frank. 🎂

Have the SNP achieved anything of note in Scotland? Genuine question.
From the outside looking in it seems they are happy to take credit when something goes right but when something is failing its those big bad English bastards over the borders fault.
They have pretty much been running Scotland for over a decade, and I'm sure the areas around where they live in Edinburgh are beautiful but easterhouse is still a shithole. That's Westminsters fault obviously. They don't give the SNP enough money to spread around the schemes....is that right?? So if Scotland get independence then easterhouse won't be a shithole anymore?? Cause the Scots with have all the oil and whiskey money?? I can see it now. Bugattis sitting outside every close!!

Happy Birthday Frank 74 years young 🎉

HH 👏

From the outside looking in it seems they are happy to take credit when something goes right but when something is failing its those big bad English bastards over the borders fault.
They have pretty much been running Scotland for over a decade, and I'm sure the areas around where they live in Edinburgh are beautiful but easterhouse is still a shithole. That's Westminsters fault obviously. They don't give the SNP enough money to spread around the schemes....is that right?? So if Scotland get independence then easterhouse won't be a shithole anymore?? Cause the Scots with have all the oil and whiskey money?? I can see it now. Bugattis sitting outside every close!!
To quote Hoopy you’ve got to piss wi the huge cock youve goat 😂or been given.
No they’ve not done all they can what Government has. And never had a problem with any of the great people from England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 they’ve also been shafted by Westminster’s Ruling elite and always will be. I keep getting told we’re to stupid to run the country we’d be worse off
Funny thing is we’re pretty much all of the above. So who knows Mibbies we can run it better ourselves but if the vote is yes it’ll be our fault no one’s else’s.
It’s my opinion to try to run it ourselves
They’d be our mistakes and our successes
The Futures bright the futures SHORTBREED and HAGGIS mm

HH 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

To quote Hoopy you’ve got to piss wi the huge cock youve goat 😂or been given.
No they’ve not done all they can what Government has. And never had a problem with any of the great people from England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 they’ve also been shafted by Westminster’s Ruling elite and always will be. I keep getting told we’re to stupid to run the country we’d be worse off
Funny thing is we’re pretty much all of the above. So who knows Mibbies we can run it better ourselves but if the vote is yes it’ll be our fault no one’s else’s.
It’s my opinion to try to run it ourselves
They’d be our mistakes and our successes
The Futures bright the futures SHORTBREED and HAGGIS mm

HH 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I'm not against independence at all. I love braveheart as much as the next scotsman. If you get it. Fantastic. If you don't, also fantastic. My point is I don't think it matters either way. English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh politicians are all the same. Privately educated, power hungry, self serving bastards....and the ones who get into politics who aren't from the wealthy elite learn very quickly that shitting on the little man will help you climb the greasy pole of power much quicker. I think it's obvious that most of you already know this. That if you fail at least it will be your own fault. I just can't stomach the whole Scots politicain/Westminster politician argument. They are the same thing. Independence won't bring the working man untold wealth. It will mean that instead of russian/arab billionaires paying for tennis matches in South England to cut deals with politicians, they can have rounds of golf and do a bit of fishing in our amazing country in order to cozy up with the tartan political figures, in turn making themselves and the Scottish elite more wealthy.

They leveled up society with baby boaxes, it meant rich babies and poor babies could spend their formative months sleeping in cardboard boaxes surrounded in a cosy cloak of equality.

It was a genius solution to a problem that spanned the ages, until the rich bastards remembered they had a cot in the attic and used that instead.

Happy birthday Frank 🎂

I'm not against independence at all. I love braveheart as much as the next scotsman. If you get it. Fantastic. If you don't, also fantastic. My point is I don't think it matters either way. English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh politicians are all the same. Privately educated, power hungry, self serving bastards....and the ones who get into politics who aren't from the wealthy elite learn very quickly that shitting on the little man will help you climb the greasy pole of power much quicker. I think it's obvious that most of you already know this. That if you fail at least it will be your own fault. I just can't stomach the whole Scots politicain/Westminster politician argument. They are the same thing. Independence won't bring the working man untold wealth. It will mean that instead of russian/arab billionaires paying for tennis matches in South England to cut deals with politicians, they can have rounds of golf and do a bit of fishing in our amazing country in order to cozy up with the tartan political figures, in turn making themselves and the Scottish elite more wealthy.
Wish I had a coherent argument against the above 👆 I don’t all politicians are the same Me Me Me and feck you.
But the thought of Pishi Anorak and Penny Black right of Maggie Moreformedant.
Makes me crave independence even more.
And don’t start me on Lessie Trusstup
Or Weird Stammering.
Please sir I want some more

HH 👀

Dont you piss on the independence parade Lubo! I've watched an SNP party political broadcast and after independence everything will be perfect, absolutely perfect. The reason they don't explain how perfection will be achieved is because its obvious and it just will.
I heard that we'll all be getting bigger cocks after independence, including the women because it will be an equal society.
I canny wait, I'll be rich, free, successful, highly educated, healthy and i'll have a massive nob and so will the wife! Wait she's English she won't get the cock she'll get deported to Rowanda instead. 🙄
I’ve already got a very large cock, will I be compensated in some other way 🤔

You live in England Lubo so of course it doesn't matter one way or the other.

I think it's sad that there are Scots who have no confidence in our country being an independent nation but then Westminster has kept them brainwashed just in the same way that they brainwashed other colonies in the past.

Won't you give Scotland back to the Scottish.

Happy Birthday Frank. 🥳

You live in England Lubo so of course it doesn't matter one way or the other.

I think it's sad that there are Scots who have no confidence in our country being an independent nation but then Westminster has kept them brainwashed just in the same way that they brainwashed other colonies in the past.

Won't you give Scotland back to the Scottish.

Happy Birthday Frank. 🥳
Let's discuss brainwashing Shammy, earlier in this thread you shared a post claiming 85% would vote for independence, almost double what every official poll claims but you and plenty of others like that idea so you accept it.
I've tried to genuinely discuss GDP earlier in this thread but it gets ignored because it doesn't fit with the fantasy so I get bored and start talking about cocks! Gross domestic product is only beneficial to us if we own the product and in so many instances we don't.
There's this belief that all Scottish resources belong to Scotland and the value of those resources will be used to benefit the people of Scotland after independence. Salmond peddled this theory in 2014 and thats when the nonsense that we are one of the richest nations came about, now Salmond is many things, a sex pest, a liar but I don't believe he's an idiot, he knew full well he was inflating GDP by ignoring ownership of the product and 8 years later it continues.
Let's take Scotch whisky, we're told that will give us billions, 38% is owned by Diageo (London company) 20% is owned by Chivas (French company) 6% is owned by Bacardi, 4% by La Martiniquais and there are others, so way more than 70% of whisky production is not owned by Scotland, so it may add nicely to GDP but we won't see much in the way of profit and an independent Scotland would only get duty and tax on it, a fraction of the turnover figures that get thrown about. That's not my opinion that's just a simple fact.
Fisheries and timber production are much the same.
As soon as the nationalist campaign start telling me the truth regarding finances and start dealing with and coming up with serious solutions to the real issues of independence such as currency, pensions, trading partners, a hard border with the rest of the UK, an effective Scottish defence and plenty of other issues then I'll start taking them seriously, until then I'll treat them with the contempt they deserve.

You may think I'm brainwashed or perhaps I've just chosen to engage mine and question the nonsense that confronts me.

Longest thing I've ever posted, Winter will be proud.

A tad sarcastic perhaps Lubo?…

Back