Sevco v Champions, Sat 13-May-2023 12:30pm at Asbestos Arena

Bernabei imo is a bad defender…..he ball watches and lacks physicality and is a liability in the air…..he is more a wing back for me, and should only be played against teams we are expected to dominate…..unlike Taylor, I don’t see the improvement necessary in his game to think he has a bright future with us…..I hope I’m wrong…
Whatever Bernebei is, he isn't a defender. He is decent left footed footballer that currently looks like a square peg in a round hole.

Whatever Bernebei is, he isn't a defender. He is decent left footed footballer that currently looks like a square peg in a round hole.
In fairness to bernabei very seldom did he get done down the touch line?his problem was gifting the ball infield,,,and the distance he created between him and koboyashi.meant the big guy was having to make thirty yard passes?…

Bernebi seems to be similar in style to Bolingoli and Laxalt - more of a wing back and less of a full back. I think he has a fair amount of skill and is good going forward against most domestic opposition but isn't so suited when we need to defend more.

It was even harder for him having a fairly inexperienced Kobayashi next to him and not having the protection of hard working Maeda in front of him.

He might still be coached into becoming a better defender so let's hope he is a hard worker and a good learner.

Was down in Peebles at my sons to watch the game and have a BBQ at least that went OK , went for a walk into the town later on with the grand kids ,and although the great unwashed won today there they were fighting amongst themselves at the park a bit sun and some bevvy and they can't control themselves.

Bernebi seems to be similar in style to Bolingoli and Laxalt - more of a wing back and less of a full back. I think he has a fair amount of skill and is good going forward against most domestic opposition but isn't so suited when we need to defend more.

It was even harder for him having a fairly inexperienced Kobayashi next to him and not having the protection of hard working Maeda in front of him.

He might still be coached into becoming a better defender so let's hope he is a hard worker and a good learner.
I've already said I didn't watch today's game, so my following comments are in no way influenced by our performance at the midden.
I have to say, though, I'm not seeing the development I was hoping to see. He's still young, so there's no way I'm writing him off. Next season is a big one for him.

I've already said I didn't watch today's game, so my following comments are in no way influenced by our performance at the midden.
I have to say, though, I'm not seeing the development I was hoping to see. He's still young, so there's no way I'm writing him off. Next season is a big one for him.
You are 100% right Frank. Sadly today he was very poor, but then again so was practically everyone else (CalMac was unrecognisable). He needs to come on a lot next season.

That result today papers over more cracks for them iho
Beale will be given a bit of leeway now that they've won the World Cup today
The fact it, they are HUNNS, we are CELTIC and we are the CHAMPIONEES CHAMPIONEES
The sun is up, and the zombies,are still ugly enough to gag a maggot
Fuck them and their narrow minded, bigoted, racist point of view
They walked away, never let them forget that

FTH
FTK
YNWA
Why you keep beating about the bush these days?
Just say how you feel stop holding back and be honest 😛

So this is what it feels like to lose and to lose badly. It's awful. Unacceptable. They did not do their job. Their job is not just to play, it is to win. I wonder how the players feel and how Ange feels. The pain will pass but now is the time to make sure it does not return. We have three months to get a squad that wins

Today told us Bernabei isn't even close to being good enough, Kobayashi needs to hit the gym during the summer as he is too weak physically when under pressure, desire and workrate is crucial in these games irrespective of how much ability you have, you cant play players who are not match fit (Hatate & Abada) and you need to take your chances.
Learning for the future is all we got from today's game, hope Ange learns from it (I'm sure he will).
Bernabei's main issue is his awareness and distribution...he doesn't seem to improve those specifics. Still a kid and doesn't get the game time for a true assessment over a sustained period to be honest.

A tough ask for Kobayashi to come in away to hearts and the huns ...looked decent before this and hope this doesn't kill the lads confidence.
If Hatate and Abada are not match fit then that also applies to the two aforementioned including Ralston. So looks like we had 5 not quite ready if that's the case and it showed.

I'm more inclined to look at the rest of the team who simply didn't apply any intensity or focus to their game today including Calmac.

It was embarrassing to get done by this shite today but I can understand why it happened.
None of these lads being criticised today were part of the drop off we've watched since the world cup break if we are honest.

It's terrific that we are on the cusp of achieving a historic treble but I haven't seen our improvement in performance in quite a few months.

Not complaining simply stating what I see .
Still some serious work to be done to get to next level. 🇮🇪💚👍

You are 100% right Frank. Sadly today he was very poor, but then again so was practically everyone else (CalMac was unrecognisable). He needs to come on a lot next season.
While I agree to a certain extent, it’s difficult when you play a game every few months
Chucked in today and playing in a derby when the team didn’t play well
If I’m apportioning blame then I’m looking in other directions where our most consistent performers were every bit as guff

Bernabei's main issue is his awareness and distribution...he doesn't seem to improve those specifics. Still a kid and doesn't get the game time for a true assessment over a sustained period to be honest.

A tough ask for Kobayashi to come in away to hearts and the huns ...looked decent before this and hope this doesn't kill the lads confidence.
If Hatate and Abada are not match fit then that also applies to the two aforementioned including Ralston. So looks like we had 5 not quite ready if that's the case and it showed.

I'm more inclined to look at the rest of the team who simply didn't apply any intensity or focus to their game today including Calmac.

It was embarrassing to get done by this shite today but I can understand why it happened.
None of these lads being criticised today were part of the drop off we've watched since the world cup break if we are honest.

It's terrific that we are on the cusp of achieving a historic treble but I haven't seen our improvement in performance in quite a few months.

Not complaining simply stating what I see .
Still some serious work to be done to get to next level. 🇮🇪💚👍
A few minutes late to the party I was

While I agree to a certain extent, it’s difficult when you play a game every few months
Chucked in today and playing in a derby when the team didn’t play well
If I’m apportioning blame then I’m looking in other directions where our most consistent performers were every bit as guff
Not lookin' for a scapegoat for this result, Smelltheg-love; my observation regarding the kid has been based on his contribution as a whole this season.
As I've already stated, I'm more than happy to wait until after the cup final to discuss our squad. Think it shows a lack of respect to our bhoys if we did that. We are on the cusp of something truly wonderful, so let things take their course and, hopefully, the team adds to our illustrious history. For the record, I'm surprisingly quite relaxed about this result. Not too much bothered.

Back