Sevco v Champions, Sat 13-May-2023 12:30pm at Asbestos Arena

Seems be a huge a mount of throwing the baby out with the bathwater today on the forum from some very experinced heads on here. The result hurt, big time. But to now label many of of our team/squad is beyond a joke!

The semi final against them was the biggest game of the season so far, and we won. Other than the cup final there is nothing to play for in the league. That's why CCV was sent for his operation after it. We rested a few players today, and I'm glad of that and gave others some game time.

I've never been one for saying the gap is huge between the two sides, and derby games can seriously go either way. I thought we had good chances in a 20-25min spell today where it clicked and we ripped them apart....just couldn't get the equalizer.

We have lost 2 games so far in the league, 2-0 at St. Mirren and 3-0 against Rangers. After the 2-0 at St. Mirren there seriously wasn't this response, it was just a bad day at the office....and we moved on. Today was a bad day at the office too.....it's football.

Looking back to the first game of the season, never in my wildest dreams did I think we would have the oppertunity of winning a Treble but it's within our grasp. Rangers got to a Europa cup final, they aren't that bad. Sacking Gio was a bad move for them in my book and they're rebuilding.

A silver linning, I kind of hoped for a drubbing today (hear me out) because in the big scheme of things is that we have to improve..... we can't stop. We need to strengthen the squad, we need extra quality for europe.... the result today will allow Ange to go to the board and say, "look, we need strengthening, Rangers away with a partizan crowd is similar to away games in Europe....and we didn't compete. It was a warning sign. Give me the money"

HH

Seems be a huge a mount of throwing the baby out with the bathwater today on the forum from some very experinced heads on here. The result hurt, big time. But to now label many of of our team/squad is beyond a joke!

The semi final against them was the biggest game of the season so far, and we won. Other than the cup final there is nothing to play for in the league. That's why CCV was sent for his operation after it. We rested a few players today, and I'm glad of that and gave others some game time.

I've never been one for saying the gap is huge between the two sides, and derby games can seriously go either way. I thought we had good chances in a 20-25min spell today where it clicked and we ripped them apart....just couldn't get the equalizer.

We have lost 2 games so far in the league, 2-0 at St. Mirren and 3-0 against Rangers. After the 2-0 at St. Mirren there seriously wasn't this response, it was just a bad day at the office....and we moved on. Today was a bad day at the office too.....it's football.

Looking back to the first game of the season, never in my wildest dreams did I think we would have the oppertunity of winning a Treble but it's within our grasp. Rangers got to a Europa cup final, they aren't that bad. Sacking Gio was a bad move for them in my book and they're rebuilding.

A silver linning, I kind of hoped for a drubbing today (hear me out) because in the big scheme of things is that we have to improve..... we can't stop. We need to strengthen the squad, we need extra quality for europe.... the result today will allow Ange to go to the board and say, "look, we need strengthening, Rangers away with a partizan crowd is similar to away games in Europe....and we didn't compete. It was a warning sign. Give me the money"

HH

Enjoyed your post CR. I agree with much of what you say; especially the need to go to the next level.
As stated I didn't get to watch the game yesterday, so, have no right to comment or criticise.
What I can do, though, is run the last three games against them through my mind.
Yes, we emerged victorious, but I felt in all of them we fell well short of our best.
I'm too long in the tooth to put them all down to a bad day at the office, and while it's very much an understatement to say I celebrated the results like everyone else, I can't say with complete truth I was happy with the performances.
Yesterday was not a disaster by any means; perhaps that age old adage regarding learning more about ourselves from defeat will prove invaluable.
AND.......for me anyway, they have improved.

On reflection, I seen nothing tactical in yesterday's performance from 'Sevco' to unduly worry me going forward. Same old physicality, aggression, running, chasing down, long ball and set piece game. A typical average EFL Championship side approach. Had we matched it to any degree it would have been a different result. Our performance allowed some of their most mediocre players to look like top stars. They will continue with this style going forward, and it will be reflected in their Summer spending. For me, we need a midfield enforcer for these type of games. Also another additional solid central defender capable of handling the physical game, together with a better defensive left back option as back up. I do not mean this to be overly critical of our players yesterday. They have all been tremendous this season and deserve our full plaudits. These poor days happen.Yesterday was 'Sevco's' annual performance day in the sun. But that same sun is still reflecting off the trophies in our cabinet this morning. That is what matters. 🍀 💚

Last edited:
in the run up to Games against the orcs this site is usually buzzing,,4-0,,5-1,,24-0👀you know who you are!!but a detected a bit of unease,in the run up to it,,like myself a knew at some point the performances would slow down coming to the end of a long prosperous season,it’s got to!!theres a bit of shock at just how much it slowed down,😬bernabei,oh,Haksabanovic,koboyashi ralston,,seem to be the whipping bhoys for this game🤷‍♂️a believe you should be allowed to criticise their performance on that particular game but seriously not on their celtic futures after a duff performance 💩calmac,o Riley,hatate,Abada,starfelt,hart,,??so we just unload a full squad coz the orcs outperformed us on one occasion??i agree way franks point that the last couple of derbys our forms gradually got (poor)(worse)🤷‍♂️anyway thats them had there 24 hrs of happiness,,make sure when we get the trophy we over do it like fuck!!!then hopefully the treble!!go ballistic caley are atrocious??a old score to settle☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️it’s a beautiful day am off to visit family😘have a good one noisers☘️☘️☘️🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪

in the run up to Games against the orcs this site is usually buzzing,,4-0,,5-1,,24-0👀you know who you are!!but a detected a bit of unease,in the run up to it,,like myself a knew at some point the performances would slow down coming to the end of a long prosperous season,it’s got to!!theres a bit of shock at just how much it slowed down,😬bernabei,oh,Haksabanovic,koboyashi ralston,,seem to be the whipping bhoys for this game🤷‍♂️a believe you should be allowed to criticise their performance on that particular game but seriously not on their celtic futures after a duff performance 💩calmac,o Riley,hatate,Abada,starfelt,hart,,??so we just unload a full squad coz the orcs outperformed us on one occasion??i agree way franks point that the last couple of derbys our forms gradually got (poor)(worse)🤷‍♂️anyway thats them had there 24 hrs of happiness,,make sure when we get the trophy we over do it like fuck!!!then hopefully the treble!!go ballistic caley are atrocious??a old score to settle☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️it’s a beautiful day am off to visit family😘have a good one noisers☘️☘️☘️🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪

I always remember big Jock's mantra after any defeat
Never look for excuses; always look for reasons. The only thing that matters now is how we respond.

We've had 2 reverses this season , so by my reasoning that puts them on par with St Mirren, I know the result /performance was disappointing but if anyone had said at the start of the season that there would only be 2 defeats and 1 coming after Celtic were crowned champions would you have believed them .

Yesterdays game like last week’s Coronation is just a bad memory which will disappear in short time whatsoever happened yesterday I’m sure Ange will put it right all they got was 3 points the value of which is zero because we have already won the league they can put on a happy face but at the end of the day they won nothing

HH
Aye , agree with all of that CR, none of us not 1 will accept losing to them, but, going away back to the seasons start.

If there was a poll asking us all ' will you accept a draw at the midden, followed by a 3-0 defeat there but by then the double will be wrapped up and we'll have kod them out the cup and play Inverness for the trophy and treble , will you accept this?'

I would take that definately.
Every season please. Not many would say no to that, fantasy fitba question.

The 4-0 game aside the others have been pretty close affairs.
We've been the better side in all of them bar 2-2 game.

Being the better side means little unless you capitalise on that like the julien header that won the cup for us when they were the better side.

The morning after the day before if we lose to them I'm like a walking talking sore heid. Leave me alone.

Not this morning though , because we've done the business and they are not as bad as is made out on here, and elsewhere though its great to keep winning the ones that matter.

I suspect a few rockets are going off at Lennoxtown today.

I heard a few in the real world say Ange shouldn't have done this at the midden but elsewhere like Aberdeen or hearts.

That's not a tough enough challenge and I reckon that side yesterday would win there.

This to me looked like what you said , a champions league simulation where we have no fans in a hostile environment.

We've no God given right to think we will go there and do this and do that, we also were way off it , had Oh's effort gone in who knows I think we'd have gotten something from the game.

A double, ICT of the championship at Hampden for the treble and 2 defeats in the season, I cannot complain about that.

Also , I read some saying they haven't seen the improvement in the side?
So when just a wee while back every side we played we were putting 3,4 and 5 past including them, that was a big improvementonlast season. That run was incredible and always going to stall.
Now we start again.

The gap is big , in the sense that 10pts clear and 27 pts better off is quite a gap but we're not unbeatable.

St Mirren showed us that months ago, in a one off game anything can happen and our games...usually does with VAR and mibs.

Let's keep our toys in the pram, we're( going to want them when we play ICT.
This is a timely warning for us .
We may be the best in Scotland but not unbeatable.

HH

Last edited:
Yesterdays game like last week’s Coronation is just a bad memory which will disappear in short time whatsoever happened yesterday I’m sure Ange will put it right all they got was 3 points the value of which is zero because we have already won the league they can put on a happy face but at the end of the day they won nothing
Can't even put a happy face on as no face painter will touch that job with a dirty paint brush

Not lookin' for a scapegoat for this result, Smelltheg-love; my observation regarding the kid has been based on his contribution as a whole this season.
As I've already stated, I'm more than happy to wait until after the cup final to discuss our squad. Think it shows a lack of respect to our bhoys if we did that. We are on the cusp of something truly wonderful, so let things take their course and, hopefully, the team adds to our illustrious history. For the record, I'm surprisingly quite relaxed about this result. Not too much bothered.
No I don’t think you or many are Frank, just trying to bring balance to the argument
Aside from yesterday the wee fella keeps getting chucked in every now and then, facing 90 minutes against 21 players in their one half of the field
That’ll be a new one to him as will most things he’s faced since joining us….. including the winter 🥶

Last edited:
We were poor and playing as Suttons says a reserve team

Most of them haven't had much game time so to get thrown in on this one was gonna cause problems ,it was a bad move ,,,nothing more and it cost us

Sevco wanted it more even Mclean wanted it more ,sevco were blowing out there arse after 15 minutes continually kicking the ball away and wasting time whenever it was a free kick or a throw in ,,,,nothing said ,,,,,tiktok had freedom to foul at will while we were reffed under different rules ,,,,compare Mcgregors booking

Var dosen't exist at the debt dome ,,,,souttars goal where he's dragging kobayashi by the shirt ,,,jack dragging bernabei down in a head lock ,,and Goldsons handball ,,,,,feck even sky couldn't be arsed highlighting them

we'll no doubt have the rivers of pish statements from sevco players as to how they've got our number and bealebaw is back

were champions

we've a possible treble to look forward to

were in The champions league groups

plus were feckin loaded

Yesterday is gone, like after a bad sleep you wake up next morning and view your landscape, what happened yesterday, that was a torrid sleep, but when you realise nothing has altered in that bad dream and that as you are now awake, your reality is fully realised, your team are going for the treble, then it really is a beautiful Sunday.

We all have a slightly more pragmatic reflection on the game the following day yes it hurt but the hurt was more to do with the way out team played there was a lack of energy and fight unusualy, as everyone says we have the cup final to look forward to and 3 games before that for the team to show they haven't switched off which is what yesterday looked a bit like. The thing that may worry some of us is the way some fans are talking as if we have already won the treble this has a habit of coming back to bite you, the way VAR has been used this season the slightest thing can be used to stop the teams momentum or give a penalty to Caley Thistle constant offside against us it's still all to play for.

Back