Summer Transfer Window Thread Now Open...

I'm not a great fan of Lawell/the board personally mate. I find myself drifting from grudging tolerance of them to outright hostility towards them at times.

I do recognise that commercially they are good for the business, they have negotiated some top deals like the Adidas deal for instance but when it comes to matters on the pitch (and certain other things) I just feel let down by them more often than not.

I know some good people on here are of the view that they do their best on the footballing side but I just don't share that view. I find them far too eager to sell off our top talent regardless of how it impacts the team, too slow to address the needs of the team and unwilling to invest sufficiently to address those needs when it's necessary.

If they flog a top talent and an integral player like Eddy when we're going for a historic 10 league titles in a row then that to me paints a picture of a board who value cold hard cash above what this club is supposed to be about.....achievement on the pitch.

Aye we need to be financially sound I have no arguments with that at all but if we're building hotels and museums at the expense of the team on the pitch then what are we.....a football club with a business or a business with a football club?

All I'm saying is I don't invest my money in the club through season tickets and merchandise to cheer on hotels and museums, I invest it to hopefully see my team being the best it can be on the pitch. For me I think the board views what goes on on the pitch as secondary which baffles me as surely it's the team on the pitch that's at the centre of it all and it's the success of that team that makes all the rest possible.

HH mate (y)
Excellent 👏👏👏

Celtic are set to sign Albian Ajeti on a season-long loan from West Ham, after the clubs agreed a deal today.
@SkySportsNews
understands the deal includes an option to buy, for a fee of around £5m. Ajeti is due to have his medical at Celtic on Wednesday.
Am i right when i say he's a striker? So therefore we've got Eddie, Griff, Klimala and Bayo already? He better be fekn good or it's just another on the wage bill🤔

Am i right when i say he's a striker? So therefore we've got Eddie, Griff, Klimala and Bayo already? He better be fekn good or it's just another on the wage bill🤔
I'm guessing Bayo will be loaned out and hopefully to a Scottish club (unless Eddy is offski ☹)? If we go 2 up front for most domestic games then we really need 4 good strikers. His previous scoring record was good and he worked well with Elyounoussi so hopefully he is an excellent addition to our squad.

Just read about the Ajeti deal and the comments. Someone must be away at least on loan. Looks like it’s got to be Bayo. I’d agree, playing in Scotland has to be the option if he has any future. Surely if you want to see if a player is any good for you you keep close tabs on him. I think if they end up in Belgium etc then it’s a way to get them a move away/wages off the bill until contract expires. All in favour of helping out the likes of Aberdeen, Hibs going up against sevco during a season

Exactly, when was he keen to come here 5 years ago. We are not a retirement home.
[/QUOTE
Apparently he's played alongside MOI in the past, so they will have an understanding
If we sign Ajeti, I think Bayo, will most likely go out on loan
It's a long season and players get injured, especially when we're going for 10IAR and the knuckledraggers, will be out to stop us, in any way they can
Plus a big non nonsense centre half, will do for me
Welcome to Celtic, Vasilios Barkas
HH

Just read about the Ajeti deal and the comments. Someone must be away at least on loan. Looks like it’s got to be Bayo. I’d agree, playing in Scotland has to be the option if he has any future. Surely if you want to see if a player is any good for you you keep close tabs on him. I think if they end up in Belgium etc then it’s a way to get them a move away/wages off the bill until contract expires. All in favour of helping out the likes of Aberdeen, Hibs going up against sevco during a season
Good shout cheezy,if the sheep sell Cosgrove,we should loan them Bayo,wi' regular games ah think he'll tear it up! ☘

Apparently he's played alongside MOI in the past, so they will have an understanding
If we sign Ajeti, I think Bayo, will most likely go out on loan
It's a long season and players get injured, especially when we're going for 10IAR and the knuckledraggers, will be out to stop us, in any way they can
Plus a big non nonsense centre half, will do for me
Welcome to Celtic, Vasilios Barkas
HH
Bayo has had plenty time at Celtic, ok injuries but not for me. If this guy arrives and proves his worth, could kick start his career after all look at moussa goin nowhere at Fulham came up here the rest is history. Big togger C/H not sure.

Bayo has had plenty time at Celtic, ok injuries but not for me. If this guy arrives and proves his worth, could kick start his career after all look at moussa goin nowhere at Fulham came up here the rest is history. Big togger C/H not sure.
Think Bayo could be a player for us,loan spell,regular games,will do him the world of good,big experienced,left footed animal of a centre half,will do nicely! 🍺 🥳

Back