Summer Transfer Window Thread Now Open...

It's not click-bait it is a rumour that is more honestly and accurately reported on The Celtic Star than for instance another Celtic site that I've just checked which claims that the player's transfer fee will be £11m and that the source of the story is a report in Scottish Sun on Sunday.

When Barry Fry stated the other day that he had kept Celtic informed that another club had met his valuation and he hadn't heard back from Celtic - the MSM then some Celtic sites followed by claiming the Celtic had been priced out of a move for the striker. You didn't read that on The Celtic Star.

Maybe Celtic didn't reckon he'd be worth £11m? Who knows....

The report in Football Insider - a site that does mix some reliable info ( as they have deals with some folk inside the game) with heavy promotion and click bait - give us the information that Brentford are the team and the bid is £5m not £11m as you can read elsewhere this morning.

Our instinct is to report on this as it seems more likely. Are Celtic locked in talks? Don't know.

Has a club met an £11m valuation or is it £5m? The latter seems much more realistic in the current climate.

Have Celtic been priced out of a deal that they wanted to do? There has been NOTHING concrete about that anywhere other than the Scottish MSM drawing the conclusion from Barry Fry's comments the other day and some Celtic sites then running with it.

There are judgments that we make every day on content - we don't always get it right. Yesterday in Niall's article there was some very accurate info that came from a very reliable source but in these circumstances all we can do is pass on the information and hope that you can read between the lines.
This makes me feel.Eddy could be off. Lawell spending that kind of money is a total non starter if Eddy is staying.

Just had a look at some of the videos of the Roma keeper (Robin Olsen) who we've been linked with. Looks like a cracking keeper. Great positional sense, commands his area, knows when to come out/when to hang back and when he does come out he's brave and shuts down players quickly, videos show him making some brilliant saves from long range and even better ones from close range, doesn't go down too early but can get down quick when he needs to.

Looks every bit as good as Forster imo. From what I've seen of both him and Barkas so far Olsen would be my choice hands down, looks a far superior keeper. Would be an outstanding signing and money well spent.

That worries me. £5million sounds like an Edouard replacement not that Bayo isn't working out. Paranoid? possibly.
As an aside if we're going head to head with Brentford we better get our man. I have too many mates that are Brentford fans who won't let me hear the end of it😓

This makes me feel.Eddy could be off. Lawell spending that kind of money is a total non starter if Eddy is staying.

Said it couple of weeks back selling Eddy in the season we're going for the 10 would be an unforgivable act from Lawell & the Board as far as I'm concerned.

Eddy's under contract and we're not in dire straits financially so given what this season means and how vital he will be to our success there would be no justifying this. Honestly and I don't say it lightly but if Lawell actually went ahead with this then I'm done putting any more money into Celtic until Lawell is gone.

Already fed up seeing Lawell and this board selling off our best talent every time we look like we could build something special, to do it in the season where we could be on the cusp of doing something truly historic would be the final straw for me where this board is concerned!

Fletcher would be a good free agent signing for the coming season
He knows where the net is, and has done well in England
Who cares about the zombies, or the media
Think he'd sign for us, or the Hibees, before the currant buns, if given the opportunity
In any case, we will have Griff back and another striker incoming hopefully
HH

Think he'd sign for us, or the Hibees, before the currant buns, if given the opportunity
HH
No issue with Fletcher but as it stands we have Eddie, Griff, Klimala and Bayo plus good youngsters. Would he just add to the wage bill or does he sign him and let Bayo go on loan?

HH
He was a decent player in his younger days but just over 150 career goals in over 550 games isn't the most inspiring ratio. But IF he joins then of course I'll support him in the Hoops.

No issue with Fletcher but as it stands we have Eddie, Griff, Klimala and Bayo plus good youngsters. Would he just add to the wage bill or does he sign him and let Bayo go on loan?
Bayo is not the man, has done nothing to convince me he's good enough, not sure if Klimala will become the guy, he's being touted as
Griff, if he gets his arse in gear and Eddie, are our two best, proven strikers
The young team might need another season before gaining the first team
Fletcher, for me, would be a good one
But that's just me
HH

Last edited:
It's not click-bait it is a rumour that is more honestly and accurately reported on The Celtic Star than for instance another Celtic site that I've just checked which claims that the player's transfer fee will be £11m and that the source of the story is a report in Scottish Sun on Sunday.

When Barry Fry stated the other day that he had kept Celtic informed that another club had met his valuation and he hadn't heard back from Celtic - the MSM then some Celtic sites followed by claiming the Celtic had been priced out of a move for the striker. You didn't read that on The Celtic Star.

Maybe Celtic didn't reckon he'd be worth £11m? Who knows....

The report in Football Insider - a site that does mix some reliable info ( as they have deals with some folk inside the game) with heavy promotion and click bait - give us the information that Brentford are the team and the bid is £5m not £11m as you can read elsewhere this morning.

Our instinct is to report on this as it seems more likely. Are Celtic locked in talks? Don't know.

Has a club met an £11m valuation or is it £5m? The latter seems much more realistic in the current climate.

Have Celtic been priced out of a deal that they wanted to do? There has been NOTHING concrete about that anywhere other than the Scottish MSM drawing the conclusion from Barry Fry's comments the other day and some Celtic sites then running with it.

There are judgments that we make every day on content - we don't always get it right. Yesterday in Niall's article there was some very accurate info that came from a very reliable source but in these circumstances all we can do is pass on the information and hope that you can read between the lines.
Cheers mon Capitan! (y)

Latest posts

Back