The CHAMPIONS Thread

Just home from Paradise, and in truth, I should maybe have gathered my thoughts before posting on this thread. You see, I'm really struggling to articulate my feelings. I can't find the words which would do justice to Ange, his backroom staff, the players, aye, even the board.
Remarkable ? Astonishing ? Unbelievable ? Maybe even miraculous !
I've been ridiculously fortunate to witness many title wins in my time. All of them worthy of great merit in their own right.
This one can easily take its place amongst them as being perhaps the most unlikely, and for that reason, one of the most satisfying.

Where to start ? First off, ( and I really want to get this out of the way ) I have no intention of obsessing about what's happening elsewhere. We have, against all odds, won our championship. We are the best team in the country. Full stop !

So, all I can do is say a huge thanks to all of those mentioned above. You've restored our dignity; given us back our pride. Strange thing is, I don't really feel the need to go gung-ho about it. I don't feel the need for any kind of triumphalism. My team, my club, are back where we belong. I'm gonna quietly enjoy my summer. This season may well turn out to be no more than an appetiser. The main course is still being prepared.

As I'm thinking about taking a wee summer sabbatical from The Noise, I would also like to thank all of you good folk for being the best company anyone could wish for, so thanks a million for that.

A wee PS to Greensprig: first off if you are reading this, I hope all is well with you. You haven't posted in quite some time. At the start of the season you were more upbeat than I was; you always felt we could turn things around. I promised I'd buy you a couple of pints if you were proved correct. That offer still stands.

May your God be with you folks. HH.
Your post put a smile on my face 👍enjoy your Summer.

Now for Phase 2
Phase one has been brilliant I honestly canny wait for phase 2,bring it on,I reckon we need another goalie in case anything happens to Joe I still think we need a big strong left back and a wanyama type holding midfielder, and let Callum loose more forward were he does his damage keep ccv and jotta ,and maybe another centre forward,cos we have been left short a few times with injuries,the thing is you add 4/5 how the fuck do you fit them in and keep them happy,oh and hopefully jullien will be back if not we need another centre back just for cover Welsh is alright but only short term replacement,you seen him at Hampden against the Huns was like a rabbit in the headlights,so iam not really looking for much just about a$30 million minimum spend,common Celtic do it give ange the money he won't waste ,in fact he will make us more champion league money if we kick on and back him😃😃😃

If we lose our last 2 games 2-0 and the huns win their 3 games 6-0 ......

All still to play for! 😹

Congratulations Ange and the Bhoys and thanks 💚
Awarding six penalties three games in a row might be a step too far even for our cheating mibs Hoopy
If we lose our last 2 games 2-0 and the huns win their 3 games 6-0 ......

All still to play for! 😹

Congratulations Ange and the Bhoys and thanks 💚

Just about sobered up , nearly.
What a performance.
Relentless completely relentless and even giving them a goal start as well.
Terrific to see the 3 subs on the hour didnt affect us. I was just thinking at the time we were playing some irresistible stuff at the time but we just continued to play some irresistible stuff anyway.
Blink and you'll miss it performance , no side was living with that yesterday .
Think I'll come back later and really wax lyrical. 📢 "Champions again" .

Members online

Latest posts

Back