the new year derby

I’m just pig sick about the whole thing, nearly 2 years we’ve been living through this shit,…..will it ever come to an end?

1st 7 months it was just wait till we get a vaccine, everything will be back to normal, now most of us have had THREE vaccinations……and it’s STILL chaos…….will life ever be back to normal?……whatever “normal” is…..
I’ve never suffered from depression, I’ve always been a kinda glass half full kinda guy……but tonight I’m scunnered with the whole thing ☹️
Bang on and right to the point sir.

Look I get people are pissed at this decision but the bottom line is the more people come into contact with one another the more this highly infectious variant spreads, the more people who become infected leads to more people (and their close contacts) having to isolate, more people having to isolate results in more people absent from work, those absences will inevitably affect the many thousands of people needed for these games to go ahead with fans present...turnstile staff, stewards, security, catering staff, admin staff, Polis, NHS staff, Transport staff etc. and that's before we even take into account the devastating health and economic implications for society of this variant running out of control.

This argument 'but it's outdoors so it's safe' completely misses the point! It's no just about the health and safety of supporters going to games it's also about the infrastructure required for that to happen (and far more importantly for society to function) being completely overwhelmed by staff shortages that it leaves them on the brink of collapse!

Aye it's shite we cannae go to the fitbaw but we, the Celtic support, are supposed to pride ourselves on our social conscience and right now there's far more important things to worry about than us getting to go watch a game of fitbaw so maybe we should take a moment to reflect on that!
Who wrote that for ya - Jason Leitch ???

Afar is the best place to be when having to deal with the horrid wee FM. She hasn't handled any events well - not just the virus but anything else important in Scotland. She is obsessed with independence and herself. The absence of any better alternative is another if very sad issue.
Politics aside , this decision is hugely disadvantageous to our club and the football authorities should do the correct thing.

She is clear, concise and thorough in everything she does ...a proper leader but she is literally working with the scraps she begs for from the dinner plates of Westminster....the sooner Scotland governs all matters itself then the better it will be for everyone there...even unionist leaning folk like yourself 👍

In terms of sporting integrity , games should be put back and winter break brought forward..Hardly fair us playing in empty stadium against that lot when they had 50000 last match..Im sure huns would hate to be viewed as having a sporting advantage lol ..Im sure the club will bring out a statement shortly saying as much
Then again they would be losing their best player to the African Nations Cup if the winter break is brought forward. So you can understand if they aren't up for that.
I personally think we should just play the games, you don't know know long wee nic will keep the restrictions in place.
The facts are hospital patient numbers aren't going up and neither has their been an increase in deaths.
In South Africa hospital admissions have dropped 25% in the last week.
If the only people who get seriously ill are the unvaccinated , fuck them. That's their choice

I’m not pretending that I’ve read through the fjord thread but interesting to see some divisive fans on the whole covid/snp.

my tuppence worth on the lockdown on fans is that naturally they don’t want folk travelling and mixing together, not so much the sitting in open air if the stadium. This new variant is like wildfire, and folk stopping wearing masks or giving much of a fuck isn’t helping.

but anyway. One of my bluenose pals, a right belter type, has been getting a semi about the fact we’ll have no fans, then saying we’re desperate for asking to get postponed. He’s all pleased with himself thinking there’s a “Timplosion” coming and that we’ll be crying our eyes out on SSB tonight.

However, what he’s no really thought about is the magnitude of the zombie rage if it does get postponed. Not only does that give us time for players to get fit, but we’ll likely have new players in and had more time with the team, plus they might have had to sell to balance the books 🤔 if they think the phone ins will be funny tonight, just wait until the penny drops…
this aint covid/snp m8, it's political choices

it is fucking nonsense

lock it down, go for the effective measure, 2/3 weeks, if necessary, but nearly shutting down open air stadiums against 2 years of advice that being outside effectively reduces risk to nil, really. go to the pub, 500 people in a pub in glasgow a metre apart is cool. but at celticpark you have to sit 130 seats away...... pish decision based on what

now i'm not like a tory back bencher, the only thing that works, were in the 4th wave so its not new, is lockdown. i could accept that,

but were so scared were going to take measures not from today, but from 26th, carry on mixing in the meantime, indoors but not outdoors in line with the science

this aint covid/snp m8, it's political choices

it is fucking nonsense

lock it down, go for the effective measure, 2/3 weeks, if necessary, but nearly shutting down open air stadiums against 2 years of advice that being outside effectively reduces risk to nil, really. go to the pub, 500 people in a pub in glasgow a metre apart is cool. but at celticpark you have to sit 130 seats away...... pish decision based on what

now i'm not like a tory back bencher, the only thing that works, were in the 4th wave so its not new, is lockdown. i could accept that,

but were so scared were going to take measures not from today, but from 26th, carry on mixing in the meantime, indoors but not outdoors in line with the science
It’s not just the sitting in the stadium though. Someone else has already put this across on the thread well. I think the decision from 26th is to give folk a Christmas, help shops etc, and in this case give clubs some notice. Generally lockdown type measures have came with some notice. Everyone has different views on it all but personally I’m generally happy to go with whatever to protect people.

anyway I reckon that the winter shut down will come early so won’t really matter. Bear in mind, folk are just reacting to whatever’s thrown at them. If there was no mutation that was spreading like it was then none of this would be happening. Doesn’t help when a load of folk don’t give a toss about wearing masks n stuff

Last edited:
She is clear, concise and thorough in everything she does ...a proper leader but she is literally working with the scraps she begs for from the dinner plates of Westminster....the sooner Scotland governs all matters itself then the better it will be for everyone there...even unionist leaning folk like yourself 👍
I am no more a Unionist than you are - or aren't. Stop being presumptive and rude. Many awful leaders have been clear and concise but that didn't make them right - I'm not comparing the two in any way of course but being clear about befuddled decisions is not a huge talent. Scotland 'governing' itself so far has been a very painful and expensive experience - education, drug and drink issues, healthcare, economy etc - only my view of course.

This is a football and Celtic forum and not politics. When anyone brings politics and personal beliefs into sport - be it the GB or FM - it is, in my opinion, a heavy handed option. The sport should decide about this not politicians. The 500 limit - regardless of stadium size - shows how out of touch they are. Bring forward the break - well done Celtic for responding so quickly.

I am no more a Unionist than you are - or aren't. Stop being presumptive and rude. Many awful leaders have been clear and concise but that didn't make them right - I'm not comparing the two in any way of course but being clear about befuddled decisions is not a huge talent. Scotland 'governing' itself so far has been a very painful and expensive experience - education, drug and drink issues, healthcare, economy etc - only my view of course.

This is a football and Celtic forum and not politics. When anyone brings politics and personal beliefs into sport - be it the GB or FM - it is, in my opinion, a heavy handed option. The sport should decide about this not politicians. The 500 limit - regardless of stadium size - shows how out of touch they are. Bring forward the break - well done Celtic for responding so quickly.

Maybe a bit presumptuous on my part and a tad rude but don't take it to heart but I stand by my views on The Scottish leadership...I've been to Italy, England and back here in Portugal now in the last 2 weeks and I can tell you first hand that those 3 counties are also making snap decisions based on the speed of the spread of this new variant, just like Scotland seems to be doing...however, what I will say ( and it's just an observation)is that the people on the whole in Italy and Portugal are taking it far more seriously than they were in England (London)

Last edited:
Maybe a bit presumptuous on my part and a tad rude but don't take it to heart but I stand by my views on The Scottish leadership...I've been to Italy, England and back here in Portugal now in the last 2 weeks and I can tell you first hand that those 3 counties are making snap decisions based on the speed of the spread of this new variant, just like Scotland seems to be doing...however, what I will say ( and it's just an observation)is that the people on the whole in Italy and Portugal are taking it far more seriously than they were in England (London)
Thats a good point Docco, but I will say this. The people of England are being led by a guy who acts like a clown. A guy who ignored his own laws and allows gatherings and Parties, call them what you like, in his own office as his police were busting people for the same thing.
I'm not a big fan of Nicola but I will say one thing, she comes across as serious, and it seems to me, the people take her serious too.

Afar is the best place to be when having to deal with the horrid wee FM. She hasn't handled any events well - not just the virus but anything else important in Scotland. She is obsessed with independence and herself. The absence of any better alternative is another if very sad issue.
Politics aside , this decision is hugely disadvantageous to our club and the football authorities should do the correct thing.
Pish unadulterated pish name someone else to do the job tell us where she’s gone wrong.
Do you think the protection of All the people of Scotland has Solely been done to fuck up Celtic fc that seems to be your point here again the amount of votes that the SNP got in the last election an election that was designed to prevent one party from gaining overall control was down to a few thousand votes or less shows that the People of Scotland don’t agree with you
I myself have voted Labour up until this last Election. And not from afar
The Government make decisions on Health
Issues. SPFL/SFA will make football decisions and the east one is cancel all games now a short circuit break to see what becomes of Omicron B.
Wee aside are you the only one who’s just discovered the SNP want Independence and that it’s the main part of everything they do Have you been in a Coma if yes good to have yi back if not read the manifestos

HH 😷

It’s not just the sitting in the stadium though. Someone else has put this across ok the thread well. I think the decision from 26th is to give folk a Christmas, help shops etc, and in this case clubs some notice. Generally lockdown type measures have came with some notice. Everyone has different views on it all but personally I’m generally happy to go with whatever to protect people.

anyway I reckon that the winter shut down will come early so won’t really matter. Bear in mind, folk are just reacting to whatever’s thrown at them. If there was no mutation that was spreading like it was then none of this would be happening. Doesn’t help when a load of folk don’t give a toss about wearing masks n stuff
Granted @the Xmas bit but u canny ask the virus to stop infecting just cause Xmas is coming its the picking and choosing the half measures that are just bullshit most of the county are atleast double vaxxed I think people are expecting to never to get not well again....fingers crossed but the death rate looks to have dropped so wee can only assume the vaccines are working but we still do shit like this fact of the matter Is we canny save everybody and we canny go thru this every year covid wants to rear it fucking heed either

Back