the new year derby

Look I get people are pissed at this decision but the bottom line is the more people come into contact with one another the more this highly infectious variant spreads, the more people who become infected leads to more people (and their close contacts) having to isolate, more people having to isolate results in more people absent from work, those absences will inevitably affect the many thousands of people needed for these games to go ahead with fans present...turnstile staff, stewards, security, catering staff, admin staff, Polis, NHS staff, Transport staff etc. and that's before we even take into account the devastating health and economic implications for society of this variant running out of control.

This argument 'but it's outdoors so it's safe' completely misses the point! It's no just about the health and safety of supporters going to games it's also about the infrastructure required for that to happen (and far more importantly for society to function) being completely overwhelmed by staff shortages that it leaves them on the brink of collapse!

Aye it's shite we cannae go to the fitbaw but we, the Celtic support, are supposed to pride ourselves on our social conscience and right now there's far more important things to worry about than us getting to go watch a game of fitbaw so maybe we should take a moment to reflect on that!
Shadow2 thank you for your excellent post 👏👏👏

Look I get people are pissed at this decision but the bottom line is the more people come into contact with one another the more this highly infectious variant spreads, the more people who become infected leads to more people (and their close contacts) having to isolate, more people having to isolate results in more people absent from work, those absences will inevitably affect the many thousands of people needed for these games to go ahead with fans present...turnstile staff, stewards, security, catering staff, admin staff, Polis, NHS staff, Transport staff etc. and that's before we even take into account the devastating health and economic implications for society of this variant running out of control.

This argument 'but it's outdoors so it's safe' completely misses the point! It's no just about the health and safety of supporters going to games it's also about the infrastructure required for that to happen (and far more importantly for society to function) being completely overwhelmed by staff shortages that it leaves them on the brink of collapse!

Aye it's shite we cannae go to the fitbaw but we, the Celtic support, are supposed to pride ourselves on our social conscience and right now there's far more important things to worry about than us getting to go watch a game of fitbaw so maybe we should take a moment to reflect on that!
Yeah I suppose we all know that its more serious than just fitba. We know its not to give the currants an advantage too. But we also know that to suspend crowds going to watch in person whilst allowing people to watch in Pubs, bars, clubs, an each others houses is absolute hypocrisy and madness.
The absolute sensible thing to do, as has been suggested on here and by most clubs themselves,(except one for some strange reason) is to bring the winter break forward to right now and then see how the infections and hospitalisations are going in 3/4 weeks time. If its flattened or hopefully started dropping and we have millions more boosted we can resume the league then.

Ur rite about it being bigger than football but there's always gonny be infections we need like a kind of reset on how we integrate and learn to live with covid don't ask me how but🤷‍♂️

We will only be able to live with it when we are able to medicate our way out of it the same way we do with seasonal flu or it mutates on it's own into a milder variant.

That will happen eventually but when is anybody's guess mate.

Yeah I suppose we all know that its more serious than just fitba. We know its not to give the currants an advantage too. But we also know that to suspend crowds going to watch in person whilst allowing people to watch in Pubs, bars, clubs, an each others houses is absolute hypocrisy and madness.
The absolute sensible thing to do, as has been suggested on here and by most clubs themselves,(except one for some strange reason) is to bring the winter break forward to right now and then see how the infections and hospitalisations are going in 3/4 weeks time. If its flattened or hopefully started dropping and we have millions more boosted we can resume the league then.
Exactly these half measures here and there just dont work the 500 will carry some sort of infection 3 weeks the now Is the best all around hope its leveled out enuf to let all crowds back in

There's a world of difference between 10's of thousands of people coming into contact with each other while travelling all over the country and using the infrastructure I mentioned above and the numbers gathering in pubs, restaurants and households Bri. Plus further restrictions have been placed on pubs, restaurants and household gatherings too so if people adhere to the advice given then they won't be packing into pubs, restaurants and one another's houses....we (the public) have a personal responsibility in this too.

I'm with you I'd bring the winter break forward too mate but that's a decision for those who govern Scottish football not those who govern the country.

We will only be able to live with it when we are able to medicate our way out of it the same way we do with seasonal flu or it mutates on it's own into a milder variant.

That will happen eventually but when is anybody's guess mate.
Ano man it sounds really harsh we need to accept there will be infections and outbreaks from now on its a cunt of a decision but covid terrifies people the now but the more we realise with more getting vaccinated it shud be less and less deadly like flu became once we realise if u get it u more your than likely will be fine then the mindset can change but thats all fantasy shit the now its gonny be hard to change how we think about it it all sounds easy on here...

There's a world of difference between 10's of thousands of people coming into contact with each other while travelling all over the country and using the infrastructure I mentioned above and the numbers gathering in pubs, restaurants and households Bri. Plus further restrictions have been placed on pubs, restaurants and household gatherings too so if people adhere to the advice given then they won't be packing into pubs, restaurants and one another's houses....we (the public) have a personal responsibility in this too.

I'm with you I'd bring the winter break forward too mate but that's a decision for those who govern Scottish football not those who govern the country.
So where are these tens of thousands going to watch the match as well as the millions that normally watch in pubs, bars, clubs?
In the very same pubs, bars, clubs i suggest.
Who will it hurt the most? That would be us!
I think we should Force the SPFL to bring the winter break forward.
If we have a majority, simply TELL them we will not be fulfilling the fixtures.
If StMirren, StJohnstone, Hibs, are in agreement, as well as Hearts, Livingston, Dundee Utd and Dundee, what can they do to us?

There will be mutations of the virus for the foreseeable future. As it stands the world might as well shut up shop. Nobody going to work. No buses, trains or planes. Have the police ensure nobody goes out.
Ffs the virus isn't gonna go away after 3 fuckin weeks. People will unfortunately die. Can the world perpetually be on a start stop?
There will never be an end to the virus. Just as the flu mutates but nobody tells us to stay at home because of it.
Me personally, i think we just have to learn to live with it. There is no alternative.

Last edited:
Ano man it sounds really harsh we need to accept there will be infections and outbreaks from now on its a cunt of a decision but covid terrifies people the now but the more we realise with more getting vaccinated it shud be less and less deadly like flu became once we realise if u get it u more your than likely will be fine then the mindset can change buy thats all fantasy shit the now its gonny be hard to change how we think about it it all sounds easy on here...

Right now Covid 19 is a lottery mate, there's been 90+year olds with health issues catching it and surviving while at the same time there's been 15 year olds catching it and dying, it's that unpredictability that's forcing us into taking the measures we currently are.

This might be with us in some form or another forever or it might disappear out of existence in the same way the Spanish Flu did, truth is we are in unknown territory right now and given the fact there's been about 5 different variants in the space of 2 years then we really have no idea what the end game is with this virus.

Right now Covid 19 is a lottery mate, there's been 90+year olds with health issues catching it and surviving while at the same time there's been 15 year olds catching it and dying, it's that unpredictability that's forcing us into taking the measures we currently are.

This might be with us in some form or another forever or it might disappear out of existence in the same way the Spanish Flu did, truth is we are in unknown territory right now and given the fact there's been about 5 different variants in the space of 2 years then we really have no idea what the end game is with this virus.
Aye its a hard to judge people's sick all over the place its dead random like the flu is mainly the elderly we can try and prepare for eventually we will do the dame way covid but until that point there's alot of heartache out there

Latest posts

Back