Tierney Threads Merged

A wee look at the Celtic v Arsenal action on social media today and the Gooners are getting a bit of a thrashing....

https://thecelticstar.com/kieran-tierney-to-arsenal-lol-celtic-want-40million-itk-gooner/

View attachment 3362
I read the piece when it came up on my alerts, WC.

We get a bit of stick up here for lowballing other clubs, but I think we pay fair enough rates for what we're getting (Jack Hendry).

We've picked up big money from England recently, but only in relative terms. If James Maddison goes to Leicester for 25 mill and wagthetail goes to Derby for 8, then really - where do you even begin with KT.

The boy is priceless to us and maybe the arsenal should just take their heads out of their nals and look elsewhere.

The shop should be closed for business regarding KT (and CalMac too)

It does not matter if Arsenal or any team offers 20,30, 40 or 100 million. The board would salivate at the last figure. It come down to what is KT's ambition. Does he play football for wages or for love? Of all the Celtic squad which player lives and breathes Celtic like a fan does? Celtic made history with an unbeaten season, made history with a triple treble, and could make more amazing history in the next few years. I have already booked accomodation for Istanbul for May 29th and 30th 2020 for the Champions League final. If we can defy the Masons in Black we could be history makers domestically. When we qualify for the group stages we will be in Pot 3 for the first time in a long while. I dream the dream.

KT, CalMac and Forrest are not for sale. If that means paying them the going rate then so be it. We can fund their wages by selling other players.

Of course we're a selling club - just like Ajax, Porto etc. - but we can make the money on other players.

These Bhoys are here for the 10 and immortality.

He'll be going nowhere till the 10s in the bag.he wants it as much as us and he knows all the riches will still be there in 2 years. If he decides to go after the 10 I don't think anyone can begrudge him that. He'll have done his bit and the life changing sums on offer will probably be too much for anyone to turn down. The very best of Celtic luck to him when the time comes because he'll be leaving with a heavy heart. HH

KT, CalMac and Forrest are not for sale. If that means paying them the going rate then so be it. We can fund their wages by selling other players.

Of course we're a selling club - just like Ajax, Porto etc. - but we can make the money on other players.

These Bhoys are here for the 10 and immortality.
With all the money down South why are they not producing their own players. Anyone think the transfer game is a money laundering scam between offshore companies. At the end of the day you would imagine Chelsea etc and the giants could have conveyor belts of Tierneys and Tierney MK2s in the R/D future plans.

Hard to replace

Want him to stay but the wage he gives up might be too big to reject.

in 2 seasons he might earn more than he could over his entire career at Celtic.

I have feeling he will stay, but its a huge sacrifice in money if they offering 100K+ plus bonuses for performances.

heart wants him to stay but I would forgive the wee man if he chose a big salary move.

I don't think he wants it. But I suspect if they offer him monster wage then he might need to think hard.

not an easy decision

Somebody needs to get Sky money out of the bargaining because if its wrecking our club

With all the money down South why are they not producing their own players. Anyone think the transfer game is a money laundering scam between offshore companies. At the end of the day you would imagine Chelsea etc and the giants could have conveyor belts of Tierneys and Tierney MK2s in the R/D future plans.
they cant risk young talent if they want to win the big top prizes, hence they loan them out to second tier market to develop for them while giving them wages second tier cant afford, again ruining world football below top tier.

cant afford best players in world despite being in the top 20 biggest clubs simply because sky bypasses our country.

Wrong on so many levels.

it doesn't matter what price we get for Tierney we cant replace him with same quality without building project to that level.

And its getting to point were they can offer such excessive wages that its almost criminal to emotionally ask him to sacrifice wage his talent could earn with sky subsidy

wrong and another reason to hate the way football has been hijacked by sky

I dont think KT would get any stick from the fans, TV. If the board allow him to leave, the fury and the anger of the fans will he aimed at one place...them.
If any of our stars are sold in this window then it proves what people have been saying is true. Our board is on a money making money saving operation with no plan to strengthen or progress the team.
KT is a fan as well as a player. He is as Celtic as it's possible to get, however, this doesn't stop the boy having dreams/ambitions that CFC maybe can't provide. I would have no problem with him seeking fame and fortune was where, as long as it was HIS CHOICE and not at the behest of someone wanting a pleasing financial statement.

Members online

Latest posts

Back