Transfer Round-up (merged)

Would look like it with the other additions we have brought in a bit of continuity through the club
Discussed this last night with Niall MD......I have high hopes for big Bayo I reckon he could be that big target man we need but he's kind of an unknown quantity right now as we've not seen enough of him also and most importantly I'm very very greedy and I want another striker :LOL::LOL::LOL:

HH mate (y)
Think that Irish lad from Southampton was your 4th striker Andy. Another wee project for you;)

Anyone remember Elyanoussi - he seems to have been forgotten about since we shafted the hunz ?. Anyway according to the basel fans in work he is an excellent player. He has already played in a CL quarter final against man City (just don't Google the score ?) and holds the record for the highest outgoing transfer from basel - more than salah, shaqiri or Rakatic. He isn't THAT good of course but still a quality player by all accounts.

This is an interesting one, he was highly regarded at Basel and by all accounts a top top player for them and like you said played in a CL quarter final but he made no impact at Southampton whatsoever in fact I read a report on him by a Southampton blogger the other day and it was scathing.

This might have been a case of wrong move to the wrong club, inability to settle etc. or it could be he's more suited to Basel's style/system of play than he was to Southampton's.

Either way he's got a clean slate at Celtic, he's got a chance to make his mark and rebuild his reputation and a player with something to prove could work out very well for us. Hope we get to see the form that earned him his £16m move.

HH mate(y)

Think that Irish lad from Southampton was your 4th striker Andy. Another wee project for you;)

Whit Irish lad? Afolabi? Isn't he another 'one for the future'? I'd like one for now if it's all the same :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Beginning to think that PL has gone all Dr Frankenstein and converted the basement of his sprawling mansion into a laboratory where he's trying to build the perfect super player out of all these projects, it would explain why we never see any of them again!

Last edited:
This is an interesting one, he was highly regarded at Basel and by all accounts a top top player for them and like you said played in a CL quarter final but he made no impact at Southampton whatsoever in fact I read a report on him by a Southampton blogger the other day and it was scathing.

This might have been a case of wrong move to the wrong club, inability to settle etc. or it could be he's more suited to Basel's style/system of play than he was to Southampton's.

Either way he's got a clean slate at Celtic, he's got a chance to make his mark and rebuild his reputation and a player with something to prove could work out very well for us. Hope we get to see the form that earned him his £16m move.

HH mate(y)
Elyanoussi and Bauer remind me of some of Martin O'Neill's successful signings. Players who had a very good reputation when they were younger but never quite fulfilled there potential. MOM gave Sutton, Hartson & Thompson were all given another chance at Celtic and became legends.

Of course, we've had some similar signings that didn't work out, but let's be positive and hope for the best as we welcome to the mighty Hoops.

Elyanoussi and Bauer remind me of some of Martin O'Neill's successful signings. Players who had a very good reputation when they were younger but never quite fulfilled there potential. MOM gave Sutton, Hartson & Thompson were all given another chance at Celtic and became legends.

Of course, we've had some similar signings that didn't work out, but let's be positive and hope for the best as we welcome to the mighty Hoops.

Both are good players. Happy to have them and it’s up to them how well they do. Quality options is s great thing to have.

Members online

Latest posts

Back