transfer window

But the EPL is not our competition. Thanks to Sky's ridiculous tv money which totally skews everything. We all know that and acknowledge that. And we all know that we can't compete with their salaries. That was not the case when it comes to paying our CEO though!!!

But to say that we cannot afford better players on higher wages when we repeatedly make operational profits year on year is not correct.

Yes, our business model is to buy young players, develop them and sell for a profit, which I think is essential given the limitations of our tv revenues and domestic prize money, but I feel it should be supplemented with some more experienced players to improve our side from day one. Now some of these young players may well do this but we have a long experience of so many similar cheaper-end buys failing and wasting us £millions.
the epl is our competition

if you want better players coz if they are better players for us they can cut it there and if they can cut it there and are available they can outbid you on wages.

cant understand why thats so hard to understand

are you suggesting we sign good players from non super wage leagues

they did

9 of them

but apparently they arent good enough just by looking at their prices

wtf?

make up your mind

you want upgrades but cheap ones we can afford but they must be approved by fans first

im telling you wages are the bottleneck

we are already near the top of the bottle

that means you either buy lokk risk low wage players with little knowledge and hope scouts are going job well. done well last 10 years imo

but i dont think its likely we will be signing ready made known quantity celtic quality players coz they all already get 80K+ and in some cases 10 million a year wages these days.
sold jota expect an upgrade who will play for his old wage?

possible but boy thats some ask

The manager said most of them were bought as squad players
Is that enough for you ?
i trust the scouts
i think they would have tried to get better first team players but either scotland or wage offered didnt appeal and maybe fact they would be squad players also with good chance of no getting regular games coz they joining a team who are already first team regulars and probably at least as good as them coz the guys who are definaely better cost too much.

I can accept your logic but disagree with it
We’re a football club, we’ll run. They went out and got a ‘top class manager’ then provided him mostly with players that ain’t going to be ready for years.
Even he said we lacked quality and it’s alarming to hear those words spoken from a guy that ‘knew the project’
Maybe, just maybe he's comparing us to the EPL.... And dont forget he picked Turnbull over Hatate, after saying he'd watched most of our games last season, our 2 late loans Phillips and Bernardo might just be the difference between a total shit show of a season and a season were we stay competitive, however its early to declare.

I will at some point point go down the line of comparing the tactics of a up and coming manager like Ange to a guy that appears not to have moved with the times and question why our board went backwords, but thats a whole different shit show.

So I hope that Brendan slaps me right in the face with that comment and provides us with another 1 v 5 victory at the victorian lavvy...

Maybe, just maybe he's comparing us to the EPL.... And dont forget he picked Turnbull over Hatate, after saying he'd watched most of our games last season, our 2 late loans Phillips and Bernardo might just be the difference between a total shit show of a season and a season were we stay competitive, however its early to declare.

I will at some point point go down the line of comparing the tactics of a up and coming manager like Ange to a guy that appears not to have moved with the times and question why our board went backwords, but thats a whole different shit show.

So I hope that Brendan slaps me right in the face with that comment and provides us with another 1 v 5 victory at the victorian lavvy...
I hope your right
I hope that he gets it right
I hope these guys are the best signings we’ve ever made
But they’re playing Russian roulette

It’s unimaginable we can be heading there tomorrow praying for a win when they’re in an absolute mess

You can tell I’m annoyed at what has been a shit show of a last few weeks

Last edited:
i trust the scouts
i think they would have tried to get better first team players but either scotland or wage offered didnt appeal and maybe fact they would be squad players also with good chance of no getting regular games coz they joining a team who are already first team regulars and probably at least as good as them coz the guys who are definaely better cost too much.
We’ve bought young players… projects
Watch the inconcistency of half a team over the course of this season

I can accept your logic but disagree with it
We’re a football club, we’ll run. They went out and got a ‘top class manager’ then provided him mostly with players that ain’t going to be ready for years.
Even he said we lacked quality and it’s alarming to hear those words spoken from a guy that ‘knew the project’
he is a coach who makes players play better (or has track record of polishing)

I suspect thats what he expected to do. polish some players into gems and whe they get their market notice they will be sold.

thats the model and unless we get an oil mad saudi type we wont be able to hold them when market notices them.

thats what sky tv has done to all non sky cabal leagues

the standard is woeful so much that only champion clubs get market notice these days and hence all are punts in the dark even more so that the loan farm clubs at these sky funded clubs.

they get you to make them better for their leagues by giving them game time and if they get champions league level by winning their rotten leagues then they get to punt them for millions in te broken skewed markets

the difference between a 3 million project and a highly rated 10 milion rated player is often negligible. but its 7 million wasted if your 10 milion signing turns out to be not interested if he doesnt get special privilges

I dont think we have signed any market rated players who arent projects in last 10 years or at least highly risky signings in that they havent had much gametime at club as demanding or as big as celtic
therefore it gives tpl clubs a good guage when a player looks like he can cut it at Celtic and even more so when those players cut it at epl levels

seems Celtic players often cut it at EPL levels unlike the heavily biased helped rag tags at the crypt

So because Celtic do actually seem to value add to the markets it gets noticed whe they try sign someone and unless its under secret or really risky they will get better offer to jump to the higher wages pronto.

Last edited:
he is a coach who makes players play better (or has track record of polishing)

I suspect thats what he expected to do. polish some players into gems and whe they get their market notice they will be sold.

thats the model and unless we get an oil mad saudi type we wont be able to hold them when market notices them.

thats what sky tv has done to all non sky cabal leagues

the standard is woeful so much that only champion clubs get market notice these days and hence all are punts in the dark even more so that the loan farm clubs at these sky funded clubs.

they get you to make them better for their leagues by giving them game time and if they get champions league level by winning their rotten leagues then they get to punt them for millions in te broken skewed markets

the difference between a 3 million project and a highly rated 10 milion rated player is often negligible. but its 7 million wasted if your 10 milion signing turns out to be not interested if he doesnt get special privilges

I dont think we have signed any market rated players who arent projects in last 10 years or at least highly risky signings in that they havent had much gametime at club as demanding or as big as celtic
therefore it gives tpl clubs a good guage when a player looks like he can cut it at Celtic and even more so when those players cut it at epl levels

seems Celtic players often cut it at EPL levels unlike the heavily biased helped rag tags at the crypt

So because Celtic do actually seem to value add to the markets it gets noticed whe they try sign someone and unless its under secret or really risky they will get better offer to jump to the higher wages pronto.
If he can polish turds then imagine what he could do with gems

Do you think if we spent 60m on 2 or 3 players we would get a run in the CL and by run I mean at least the semis???
No, but I think if the club bought 3 players for £5/6m who were expecting to walk into the team, we would have a better chance of European football after Christmas.
The transfer business done looks to me as if the club are just happy to be in the groups. It's just a total lack of ambition, our board are a fucking joke.
What is the point of having millions in the bank if your not going to use it to improve

With the Saudis operating in the european transfer market the prices of bang average epl players will shoot up ,right now championship players fees are on the rise , epl top clubs now find there not getting first pick at the cream as all avenues head to the middle east

Ange tapped us into an unknown market picked up a few gems and let a few good ones go , JJ GG we could have paid them more and kept them also Jenz a guy who wanted to sign for us ,,,,all mistakes were trying to cover for now

We were a stepping stone for players hoping to get to the EPL and a shot at the champions league
Celtic have never in my lifetime built on success they've always found away of fkn things up ,,,right nows no different

it'll be an interesting few months to see how we perform

Last edited by a moderator:
With the Saudis operating in the european transfer market the prices of bang average epl players will shoot up ,right now championship players fees are on the rising , epl top clubs now find there not getting first pick at the cream as all avenues head to the middle east

Ange tapped us into an unknown market picked up a few gems and let a few good ones go , JJ GG we could have paid them more and kept them also Jenz a guy who wanted to sign for us ,,,,all mistakes were trying to cover for now

We were a stepping stone for players hoping to get to the EPL and a shot at the champions league
Celtic have never in my lifetime built on success they've always found away of fkn things up ,,,right nows no different

it'll be an interesting few months to see how are
They were talking on the bbc about the transfer fees in England. This window they spent 3.62 billion. Its the average price for your bang average players that has shot up. This window the average transfer fee was higher than the biggest tranfer fee paid 11 years ago

It doesn't matter whether or not the fans are underwhelmed by the transfers this window but if Rogers is already mumping about lack of quality in the squad then he will have quite the job on his hands to bring success to the club this season. They're the players he has so let's see him get on with it or walk away again.
If the fans are underwhelmed and BR is moaning about transfer activity (or lack thereof) then it sounds like everybody except our fkn leaders are onboard Shammy.
This is another repeat of the same old shit that has gone down time after time.
I don’t care how good a coach BR is he can’t turn average players into world beaters. Blaming him for failures (especially Europe) will simply play into the hands of the tosspots running our club. Millions in the bank and we come out of this window showing a profit on outgoings vs incomings. PL written all over this. It’s him and his ilk we should want to walk away not BR.
In his shoes I would walk again and next time Dd comes around show him ✌️

Of the players we bought I truly believe these ones will soon mature into dependable regulars

* Lagerbielke Nawrocki *

Iwata Holm Bernardo *

Tilio * Palma Yang

Left out Kwon ( I haven't seen enough of him) and big Nathan coz there is no option to buy. I believe Brendan HAS accepted our business model and trusts the scouts to be unearthing genuine emerging talents and I am declaring myself satisfied that |Celtic have done their best in this window

Members online

Back