transfer window

Wtf is going on with Lagerbielke?
Lots of talk that he's for the off probably this window.
This amazes me , the bhoys just been named swedish defender of the year, scored the winner v Feyenoord.
We payed over/around £3 million for him , he's young and it's a step up to Celtic, one idt he's had enough time to make.
Phillips has returned to Liverpool, CCV and Welsh injured at present.
It will be difficult to break into the starting xi but we're giving up on him so soon?
Somethings way off about this whole thing, if it's him who isn't happy fair enough but you're at a champions league club now Gustav, so anything you get you have to earn.
Phillips I get, loanee but Lagerbielke?
Rodgers seems to take a dislike to a player and that's them fucked.

Terrible attitude from a Celtic manager. In Scottish terms we're loaded, but we still need to spemd wisely and get the most out of our squad, not just bin perfectly good players because Rodgers doesn't fancy them.

How many days or weeks into this window, of Celtic inactivity, before we can discuss the possibility that Lawwell and son are doing their best to assist the "old firm" brand. We know we need a striker. We know we need a LB. We know we need another attacking midfielder/winger....(I don't think we will go for a goalie in January, although I think we need someone ready to replace Hart).
Lawwel Jnr has known this since he fucked up (on purpose?) in the summer.

How many days or weeks into this window, of Celtic inactivity, before we can discuss the possibility that Lawwell and son are doing their best to assist the "old firm" brand. We know we need a striker. We know we need a LB. We know we need another attacking midfielder/winger....(I don't think we will go for a goalie in January, although I think we need someone ready to replace Hart).
Last day methinks Lubo. Leave as late as possible and then bring in an over the hill PL star.

Let's face it. It looks like daddy is running the recruitment policy behind the scenes. And what daddy wants, daddy gets. I cannot see any other reasonable explanation. Perhaps we will be pleasantly surprised yet !

We really should be patient and give the Lawwells the benefit of doubt - it is only a day and a half into the transfer window. But the reason so many fans are frustrated is that we have seen this scenario repeat itself so many times in the past and also seen how successful the opposite strategy was so why dump it?

I don't think they deliberately fucked up the recruitment but huffy Daddy was trying to flex his muscles and show Rodgers who was boss. He truly believes he knows better about identifying footballers than the very experienced coaching/management teams who are paid to do this.

In the summer, we could have bought a very affordable and very experienced 28 year old goalkeeper who had just enjoyed an outstanding World Cup but refused to. We did not bring in the LB the manager wanted either. We chose to proceed with a limited strike force knowing we were missing several players through long-term injuries, so when Kyogo lost form (as is often the case for strikers) we lost very winnable matches.

It is out of our hands so no matter what we think the Lawwell tag team will please themselves and strive to make more profits even if it depletes our squad rather than enforce it.

Last edited:

We have gone from being fast out of the blocks, to being nailed to the blocks. Meddling or incompetence? Or both? The window is short and not a day can be wasted. A manger needs to be afforded as much time as possible, to integrate new signings. This is not pre season time with friendlies and multiple training sessions available to do so. It is mid season. We are battling to win a league with vast rewards. We have recurring injuries to key players. Losing players to the Asia Cup. Immediate difficult upcoming, league defining matches away from home. Any new signing, needs to hit the ground running. Immediately. This is complicated further, if there is more than one signing involved. It indicates a lack of planning and preparation, that can only be described as gross mismanagement. Indeed in my opinion, it is negligent. You would think, these people, were never around football in their lives. Even if one 'golden goose' is plucked out of somewhere at the last moment, it does not hide the debacle, this looks like it is turning into.

Last edited:
I’ll never trust Liewellhe shouldn’t be back after all his fuck ups as ceo even though HE thinks he’s world class. £72m in the bank is great but we really should have a lot more than that if it wasn’t for his meddling/mistakes.
We where linked with Willo Flood (FFS!!) for the entire window that year and signed him up on the last day for about 50grand that’s what we get with him

Back