Wee rumour

I agree with Gary 67, appoint a DOF and go from there. The whole football department needs rejuvenated.
As for a manager we need a bit of star dust to give us some hope. More bang average appointments will mean the same on the field.
HH

I'm not at all sure about Clarke, I can't say I like his style of play. It's certainly not what we usually get well, most of the time. Has to be said he can organise a team and get the best out of the players at his disposal. So, who knows? Maybe with better players he would be a better/different coach. Not excited about this.

Face like a torn pocket. Last time he smiled it was wind.
Another Lennon when it comes to interviews.
As for his abilities, might do ok in SPL, but we'll struggle in Europe.

Think this might be when he quit for Bolton?
Something we shouldnt forget btw, hes all about " I'm not quitting I've put too much into this " forgetting that hed just been sacked by hibs. I know many think theres no coincidence about lenny being available for the job as Rodgers left , personally I don't buy it. It was a coincidence in my book, a lucky one at the time but that lucks long run out.

The first thing we need in place is a Director of Football with complete control of the everything within the footballing operation. That's first team, reserves, youth, scouting/recruitment, sport science/medical, data/analytics. They should be involved in the choice of the new first team manager/head coach.
I've changed my mind
and now think that the next manager should be an experienced management team, ie manager and his assistant. We can then build a team of coaches below them. Previously I was thinking someone like Damien Duff or Shaun Maloney with an experienced DoF to guide them but I think the rebuild job is so huge that an experienced team is required in the short term.
Clarke and Dyer is an interesting if uninspiring one. Eddie Howe's long term assistant is now available after being sacked by Bournemouth so there's an available management team who could start tomorrow. I was impressed by Mark Hughes and Mark Bowen on the ACSOM podcast, again they would be in the Clarke/Dyer bracket of probably good appointments but wouldn't put bums on seats and sell season tickets.
Unfortunately we are currently at the stage where we would consider anyone just to get rid of Lennon, but that cant be the driving factor on the next manager decision. We need to get the best that we can attract to the job.
Agree with all of that but Danny Dyer? No way 😛

No disrespect meant to Steve Clark or Alex Dwyer. Both honourable, decent men.
But should this appointment come to pass, then it will sum up perfectly our board's level of ambition, or lack of, and continuation of ignoring supporters opinions.

No disrespect meant to Steve Clark or Alex Dwyer. Both honourable, decent men.
But should this appointment come to pass, then it will sum up perfectly our board's level of ambition, or lack of, and continuation of ignoring supporters opinions.
what type of appointment are you hoping to see?

I was told a few days ago by someone who 'thinks' he is in the know, that DD has had conversations with RR. Offered RR complete autonomy over the whole football department. Since its a rumour thread
what type of appointment are you hoping to see?
i think Clarke is a manager who gets the best out of what he has to work with
This is the type of manager that is required IMO, sexy names don't always have desired effect
It would be a Strachan type appointment, far from popular, but the Club that he left was on a far more solid footing financially and results wise

Latest posts

Back