Wee rumour

aye but things in context
i'm sure eddie howes record would be poor if looked at it like that
No I'd disagree on Howe and why ( joking about the why couldnae help masel😛) Howe took Bournemouth from the 4th tier , successive promotions right to the EPL and stayed there for 5 seasons with probably the smallest club to play in the EPL with the smallest budget perhaps bar huddersfield. It's this ability to work with and get the best out of players abilities, abilities that players themselves didnt know they had. Weve brought 3 successful managers from england to Celtic, if you count WGS and we should. All 3 , Strachan, o'Neil and Rodgers have been complete successes. Howe wont come cheap , nothing does from down south but if we are to reinstate our dominance we require more than a jack Ross no disrespect to Ross hes done a decent job at hibs but not at Sunderland. Howe also has a sell on value like Rodgers did £9 million was it ? So Gonny no dae that! Howe ? Just gony no!

Last edited:
Ralf Rangnick would be my choice. He would get rid of the dead wood and do a total rebuild.
His names been mentioned many times over a few seasons, I get the feeling that any connection is down to DDs admiration for him. It would be a gamble for both parties but is it even in the realms of possibilities? The guys a highly respected coach and manager and I think we'd have a few others competing for his services but I'd be for it .

No I'd disagree on Howe and why ( joking about the why couldnae help masel😛) Howe took Bournemouth from the 4th tier , successive promotions right to the EPL and stayed there for 5 seasons with probably the smallest club to play in the EPL with the smallest budget perhaps bar huddersfield. It's this ability to work with and get the best out of players abilities, abilities that players themselves didnt know they had. Weve brought 3 successful managers from england to Celtic, if you count WGS and we should. All 3 , Strachan, o'Neil and Rodgers have been complete successes. Howe wont come cheap , nothing does from down south but if we are to reinstate our dominance we require more than a jack Ross no disrespect to Ross hes done a decent job at hibs but not at Sunderland. Howe also has a sell on value like Rodgers did £9 million was it ? So Ginny no dae that! Howe ? Just gony no!
Yes but my point was, if people are going to look at W,L,D record, it has to be in context.
Stevie Clarke at WBA/Reading, they're not exactly massive teams who you would expect to have a great WDL record in EPL, much the same as Howe.
There's no need to sell Howe to me, i'd take him same as Clarke in a shot.
Liek I said earlier, they get the best out of what they have.
Not exactly whats happening now.

His names been mentioned many times over a few seasons, I get the feeling that any connection is down to DDs admiration for him. It would be a gamble for both parties but is it even in the realms of possibilities? The guys a highly respected coach and manager and I think we'd have a few others competing for his services but I'd be for it .
By all accounts he's the type of person who would jump at the chance to take over Celtic and start at the very bottom and get rid of all the shit. Now that lawell is leaving he might take it on, but he'll have to get full control of the football side of things which might be possible with the new lad coming in. He's a coach away ahead of his time. I think it would be a masterstroke by the tash if he could pull it off.

what type of appointment are you hoping to see?
How about Jurgen Klopp. He will soon be out of a job at Anfield, when the winning Messiah and his acolyte assistants return in triumph, to their spiritual home !
Sorry TET, couldn't resist it. But being serious, I like what Thomas Frank has done at Brentford. If he doesn't make the Premiership, I think we could do worse than make an approach. No harm in trying. Would be hoping a bigger club with european involvement might appeal. Just my opinion. 👍

Last edited:
Yes but my point was, if people are going to look at W,L,D record, it has to be in context.
Stevie Clarke at WBA/Reading, they're not exactly massive teams who you would expect to have a great WDL record in EPL, much the same as Howe.
There's no need to sell Howe to me, i'd take him same as Clarke in a shot.
Liek I said earlier, they get the best out of what they have.
Not exactly whats happening now.
Howes record at Bournemouth in the EPL a tiny wee club is quite impressive stg P190 W 56 D43 L91 more wins& draws than losses and Im positive were not the only ones who dont need Howe sold to us either.

How about Jurgen Klopp. He will soon be out of a job at Anfield, when the winning Messiah and his acolyte assistants return in triumph, to their spiritual home !
Sorry TET, couldn't resist it. But being serious, I like what Thomas Frank has done at Brentford. If he doesn't make the Premiership, I think we could do worse than make an approach. No harm in trying. Would be hoping a bigger club with european involvement might appeal. Just my opinion. 👍
But is he a bigger name than Clarke and would he be a sign of the level of ambition of our board?

He had coaching roles at Liverpool and Chelsea as well and they weren’t bad sides. Managed WBA and Reading but I don't recall how they fared under his guidance.
As for Killie or the SFA team would either of those squads inspire you with confidence? He can only work with what he’s got. I don’t know how he would do with our squad but he couldn’t do any worse than Lennon has this season.
Whether he would be prepared to come is a different story.
Did West brom not finish 8th in the league under him. He also drew 5-5 against man utd in Sir Alex's last game. They did play some entertaining football in his first season

I think it is bit of a pointless exercise talking about a possible new manager as things stand.
Dont get me wrong I want lenny out of the door ASAP, as done far to much damage already that needs repairing.
But first we need direction in which way the club is going.
We are already top heavy with young players, who have already lost this season in there development and with no prospect of getting any match practice currently. So sure any new manager would want to know if there are plans for a 2nd team in Scotland or can we enter the u23 league down south?As we have seen many are still well short of making 1st team, yet there is still plenty of potential there.
We also have many going into the last year of a contract, again a new manager would want to know what are these players planned future's, as letting them stay and able to leave us on frees is going to have huge financial costs placed upon us with a severely reduced budget for any new manager to deal with.
I still believe that there are far to many off field issues to deal with and possibly to much for 1 man to deal with.
I still think a D of F is urgently required now to start getting some of the off field issues sorted out before any new head coach can realistically could take over

Back