Wee rumour

I would like to see a dof with a vision and an academy of young players ready to step up and beat the spfl plodders with the help of sprinkling of some well paid experienced stardust. I believe our budget could take this. As TET constantly reminds us of the lack of money in Scottish football our only way forward is in developing players and sadly I don't have confidence in many of our current coaching staff doing that.

I was told a few days ago by someone who 'thinks' he is in the know, that DD has had conversations with RR. Offered RR complete autonomy over the whole football department. Since its a rumour thread

i think Clarke is a manager who gets the best out of what he has to work with
This is the type of manager that is required IMO, sexy names don't always have desired effect
It would be a Strachan type appointment, far from popular, but the Club that he left was on a far more solid footing financially and results wise
But would it still be classed as biscuit tin from the unhappy campers?

Imo I believe DD knows who he wants, he's already spoken to the person.. But it is agreed with DD that the appointment won't me made till end of season. It is so that they don't tarnish the new persons reputation with this seasons mess. He doesn't want to do firefighting with these players, wants to completely overhaul team. From what I'm hearing is its a big name.

How depressing is it that we are now reduced to trying to second guess who can replace NL while the man is still in the job. This simply confirms the complete shambles that we call a board. Never in all my day have I witnessed Celtic in such a state as we are in today. Personally I don't want to see NL in the job a minute longer than necessary however the fans deserve to be treated better than they are at present. It is called RESPECT.

Imo I believe DD knows who he wants, he's already spoken to the person.. But it is agreed with DD that the appointment won't me made till end of season. It is so that they don't tarnish the new persons reputation with this seasons mess. He doesn't want to do firefighting with these players, wants to completely overhaul team. From what I'm hearing is its a big name.
vennegoor of hesselink?

thats a big name :p

I just don't get the argument about delaying the appointment until the summer as I doubt if a single fan will apportion any blame to the new manager. But what it will do is give him and the players time to properly assess what is required to move on and upwards. It is a free hit for the new manager and gives us the best possible start for next season and beyond.

I just don't get the argument about delaying the appointment until the summer as I doubt if a single fan will apportion any blame to the new manager. But what it will do is give him and the players time to properly assess what is required to move on and upwards. It is a free hit for the new manager and gives us the best possible start for next season and beyond.
spot on

Think this appointment will have more to do with the timing of any announcement, no point in giving the SMSM time to dig up tripe and dull the senses of the average fans, Celtic may use the timing to give the boost required during this pandemic and uncertainty.
A shot in the arm feel good factor and wipe away the virus that is the same club shite.

Back