Welcome home Brendan!!!

i place him besides Judas myself.....
If he walks through that door again, a part of me will......something will wilt...i don't know what
wonder if there will be 24 plus Lubo for the unveiling never mind the 25k before

Never mind the bollocks, we know his record and getting that class of manager, only we or that lot could..... They got your Souness/Gerrard, we got Brady/Jansen/Snake because real football people at any level know they're just something that you'll never experience

I may have mentioned in dispatches, going for 9 in a row, that cunt tried to empty the football department the day before Tynecastle leaving us without anyone to take the team.

Even the name 'snake/rat' is underplaying it for me, that man should be an enemy ffs, no hun player came as close to the damage he potentially inflicted on us.

He may become manager, lead us to titles and glory etc, but the only time i will hear him speak is his first presser. If he elaborates as to what was going on behind the scenes and why he wanted out, i may possibly almost understand.

But a lifelong tim, born into it, dream job...... you do not leave on the cusp of achieving what stein couldn't and 10 in a row. No real Celtic man of any substance would have behaved as he did.

Like any fan i hope we win everything and they die again, but with him in charge, for the first time, win lose or draw, there'll be something lost within me somewhere that i cant yet explain until it happens

Bravo ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

Couldn't put it better myself, I'll find it difficult tae except him back, but if all the rumours are true & he believes he can take celtic to the next level in Europe & possible European trophy(Europa Lge or last16 or better in UCL) you have tae back the team.

Not one too forgive or forget but if he dose what people are claiming & the boards ambitions for the next level, then mibbie just I'll think aboot the forgiven bit. HH.

๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ชโ˜˜๏ธMON THE HOOPSโ˜˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ

He may become manager, lead us to titles and glory etc, but the only time i will hear him speak is his first presser. If he elaborates as to what was going on behind the scenes and why he wanted out, i may possibly almost understand.
This is the crux of the issue I think for us all, that first presser.

If he elaborates on what was going on that would go a long way to all of us understanding if only a little more.

I find it ( always did) difficult to believe that it was all just Rodgers fault, I'm certain without evidence that lawell was just as complicit in what happened.

Ange was reported , allegedy, sources close to, somebody said , it was oan twatter ๐Ÿ™„ he wanted/wants to take our backroom team as well.

JK, WGS jnr, Greg Wallace, Harry kewell.
Had he got those guys , ( has kewell gone? I'm playing catchup a little was on a wee jaunt when all this broke to lovely Conwy in North Wales)

Losing kewell will be a blow definately.

I'm still sore about Ange tbh and his bs , " surprised how long I stay" and " we've done this dance" there was no need for his bs , I'd always seen him as a straight talker right down the middle.

Not until after Inverness did we know this for sure from him.
That sucked, really did , but back to Rodgers.

I fail to see how Rodgers can be appointed without addressing this issue.

If it isn't then that just leaves the door open for a million questions time.
That won't go away.

If it is , and if it is I'd like lawell to be telling us his side too, something he's had many opportunities to do but hasn't, why not?

It would go a long way if there was some transparency on it and then we supporters can get our head around it as we've not been able to , but lawell has to have had a big part to play.

If he elaborates on what was going on that would go a long way to all of us understanding if only a little more.

I find it ( always did) difficult to believe that it was all just Rodgers fault, I'm certain without evidence that lawell was just as complicit in what happened.

Ange was reported , allegedy, sources close to, somebody said , it was oan twatter ๐Ÿ™„ he wanted/wants to take our backroom team as well.

Had he got those guys , ( has kewell gone? I'm playing catchup a little was on a wee jaunt when all this broke to lovely Conwy in North Wales)

I'm still sore about Ange tbh and his bs , " surprised how long I stay" and " we've done this dance" there was no need for his bs , I'd always seen him as a straight talker right down the middle.

That won't go away.

If it is , and if it is I'd like lawell to be telling us his side too, something he's had many opportunities to do but hasn't, why not?

It would go a long way if there was some transparency on it and then we supporters can get our head around it as we've not been able to , but lawell has to have had a big part to play.
Story going is the rat dosen't want Kennedy leaving the club and according to everyone with a keyboard, it was put to the board he would have to stay as part of the deal

Guessing you can't take credit for playing angeball if you lose a guy who has been at it for the last 2 years and knows how it works ,Davies doing an about turn and joining Ange was a strange one as he was a shoe in for a managers job

If i were Kennedy i would have walked ,be his own man and went down and joined Ange ,he would have learned more

Story going is the rat dosen't want Kennedy leaving the club and according to everyone with a keyboard, it was put to the board he would have to stay as part of the deal

Guessing you can't take credit for playing angeball if you lose a guy who has been at it for the last 2 years and knows how it works ,Davies doing an about turn and joining Ange was a strange one as he was a shoe in for a managers job

If i were Kennedy i would have walked ,be his own man and went down and joined Ange ,he would have learned more
As much at it appears JK is very undervalued and required here I agree that for his development and chances at getting the gig at CP he should move on and return as one of our returning prodigal sons at a later date armed and ready with the knowledge of umpteen managers experience and nous to become a legendary hunskelkping Celtic manager.

As it stands , Broony could be ahead of him there simply for taking the plunge out of CP to be his own man.

JK is a man who's loyalty cannot be questioned

The way the Celtic blogs are talking at the moment, it looks like a done deal....so let me be the 1st to say..

Welcome home Brendan!!!!!๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€

Looking forward to some hun skelpings next season and an exciting run in Europe!!

He won't have to deal with any more free transfers or loan signings forced upon him. Hes got a squad full of stars. The board will upgrade the facilities, like they promised him before...and I'm sure he'll be given a good transfer budget.

Brendan Rodgers is here for 10 in a row!!!!

๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€

So judas is coming back, on a better salary than last time, money to take us to the next level in Europe etc.

THE 1ST EPL CLUB THAT FLASHES THUR KNICKERS, THE PERMATANNED, FAKE TIM & TEETH JUDAS BASTARD WILL BE OFF. MIBBIE BRENDANS PLAYING THE SHORT GAME XMAS OR SUMMER SPURS JOB WILL BE AVAILABLE.

Aye welcome back ya permatanned fake teethed cunt.

BBC article below about Judas๐Ÿ‘‡

He is only here to polish his reputation in a two horse race while promising the earth.

Kennedy was more than a coach/assistant manager under Ange. Ange referred to him as Head of Football Operations. That job title means different things at different clubs but is more than putting out the bibs and cones and running training sessions. He is obviously more involved than that.
Rodgers wanted the club to 'modernise' last time and that included a Director of Football/Sporting Director type position at the club. At the time it was mooted in the press (Stephen McGowan I'm sure) that he wanted Kennedy to take this role. Maybe it's this new position that Rodgers wants introduced as part of the deal to return and wants Kennedy to do it.

Kennedy was more than a coach/assistant manager under Ange. Ange referred to him as Head of Football Operations. That job title means different things at different clubs but is more than putting out the bibs and cones and running training sessions. He is obviously more involved than that.
Rodgers wanted the club to 'modernise' last time and that included a Director of Football/Sporting Director type position at the club. At the time it was mooted in the press (Stephen McGowan I'm sure) that he wanted Kennedy to take this role. Maybe it's this new position that Rodgers wants introduced as part of the deal to return and wants Kennedy to do it.
Kennedy clearly has something about him that fans don't get to.see. So many former players and every manager that has worked with him rave about his input and how he helped them develop and improve.

i know many fans berate him for poor defensive coaching but they keep telling us he has never been the defensive coach! I guess our attacking style leaves our defensive exposed but I think we should be better at defending set-pieces.

But IMO, I still don't think he has the right personality to become a successful manager/head coach in his own right.

He is obviously an excellent coach to have around and maybe has the foresight, intelligence and organisational skills to be a really good Director of Football?

That leaves the door open for Broony as Assistant Manager.....

That won't go away.

I think it may be the case that Peter Lawwell and Brendan Rodgers have unresolved issues and BR isnโ€™t PLโ€™s preferred choiceโ€ฆ..it looks like itโ€™s Dermot Desmond that is pushing the boat out to get BR on boardโ€ฆ..how BR and PL reconcile their differences should BR take the job is going to be interestingโ€ฆ..I would imagine BR has sought certain guarantees from DD before he would agree to taking the job and if he gets them PL will have to take a back seat which I doubt he will be happy withโ€ฆ..and with Mark Lawwell also a part of the management infrastructureโ€ฆ..I just hope we are not going to be a house dividedโ€ฆ..I also really hope Michael Nicholson is allowed to continue with the excellent job heโ€™s doing unhinderedโ€ฆ..itโ€™s all going to play out soon I reckonโ€ฆ

I think it may be the case that Peter Lawwell and Brendan Rodgers have unresolved issues and BR isnโ€™t PLโ€™s preferred choiceโ€ฆ..it looks like itโ€™s Dermot Desmond that is pushing the boat out to get BR on boardโ€ฆ..how BR and PL reconcile their differences should BR take the job is going to be interestingโ€ฆ..I would imagine BR has sought certain guarantees from DD before he would agree to taking the job and if he gets them PL will have to take a back seat which I doubt he will be happy withโ€ฆ..and with Mark Lawwell also a part of the management infrastructureโ€ฆ..I just hope we are not going to be a house dividedโ€ฆ..I also really hope Michael Nicholson is allowed to continue with the excellent job heโ€™s doing unhinderedโ€ฆ..itโ€™s all going to play out soon I reckonโ€ฆ
Desmond just threw his Ceo under the bus by wanting the rat back and in his usual knt Desmond way rubbed Lawwel face in it by making him the highest paid Celtic manager

There'll be quite a few scores to settle since 2019

I don't know why folk persist with the 'Brendan left Celtic because of Lawwell's interference '. He left for more dosh at Leicester ffs! He didn't resign until he got a job back in the EPL.

This matter is taking so long to come to a conclusion you have to wonder what's left to discuss.

Maybe it ain't happening ๐Ÿ˜

I don't know why folk persist with the 'Brendan left Celtic because of Lawwell's interference '. He left for more dosh at Leicester ffs! He didn't resign until he got a job back in the EPL.

This matter is taking so long to come to a conclusion you have to wonder what's left to discuss.

Maybe it ain't happening ๐Ÿ˜

Iโ€™m sure the prestige of the EPL and the money on offer were major influencers on Rodgers early exโ€ฆ

I think though, itโ€™s also worth a mention that there very well may be a bit of a power play going on, which if not amicably resolved shortly will probably bite us up the road.

Iโ€™m thinking Dermott is backing Rodgers?

Desmond has overruled Lawwell?

Nicholson is on board with Desmond?

Peter Lawwell wants Enzo Maresco from the City Group?

Mark Lawwell wants Maresco?

Rodgers knows Lawwell wants Maresco?

Peter Lawwell and John Kennedy are very close? As a consequence does Rodgers, if appointed, really want Kennedy as his assistant manager?

Based on the above being somewhere close to the mark, can anyone else see a problem if things arenโ€™t amicably resolved, if Dermott appoints Rodgers?

Apparently Rodgers' Celtic autobiography 'The Road to Paradise' has sold out.
Therein lies a metaphor so sharp you could polish Brendan's teeth with it.
Harald Brattbakk is a Norwegian
A norweegin is how you order another Gordon's round where Brendan grew up.
I'd sooner Brattbakk than see the rat back.

Last edited:
It seems to me we have 2 options.
A proven manager or a rookie.
Lawwels City group guy and failure of Parma.
Or
DDs proven invincible treble winning experienced manager.

Take yer pick folks.

Back