What Message Would You Like to Send to Peter Lawwell and the Celtic Board

Your right shammy it's not the time to look back but forward.
But when you look back its not easy to look forward based on PL traitor recent track record
We lost this league before we barely kicked a ball this season. Poor influx of players at the beginning, poor management throughout ensured we had a God-awful run in Europe and by not changing the management team at that point the malaise became entrenched.

Fair enough TET but you leave out one vital point.
If you really want a player then get the deal done ASAP.
We all know we can be outbid on wages on offer, but that counts for nothing once a player signature is on a contract.
This policy of PL traitor trying to be the del boy of the transfer market when he is only a wanker, has cost us players and will remain so all the time the no nothing fuck is involved
Also petrie was allegedly wanting £4 million from Celtic but was prepared to sell for less to villa. We cant be held to ransom and we werent . I dont believe McGinn wouldve been a bench warmer , rodgers is too astute a manager and McGinn wouldve played . Petrie played a big part in that deal not happening.

Fair enough TET but you leave out one vital point.
If you really want a player then get the deal done ASAP.
We all know we can be outbid on wages on offer, but that counts for nothing once a player signature is on a contract.
This policy of PL traitor trying to be the del boy of the transfer market when he is only a wanker, has cost us players and will remain so all the time the no nothing fuck is involved
Look im not going into a debate again on the topic.

I dont see any Del Boy tactics in our current wage bill, previous wage bills or the prices club has paid for mibbees

Which players are Del Boy contracts at club?

Which players dont we have that rejected the wages they were offered? How much more did they want?

Also petrie was allegedly wanting £4 million from Celtic but was prepared to sell for less to villa. We cant be held to ransom and we werent . I dont believe McGinn wouldve been a bench warmer , rodgers is too astute a manager and McGinn wouldve played . Petrie played a big part in that deal not happening.
aye astute

he even asks their breakfast preferences and pays astute wages for bench warmers, thats how astute he was.

Which players dont we have that rejected the wages they were offered? How much more did they want?
That's a good point and one player who springs to mind is Timothy Castagne who we were apparently targeting under Rodgers. Now no one expected atalanta to go on and reach the champions league but it dragged and dragged and we didnt get him but Rodgers did get him in the end. Was this due to wages? I think it was due to the players ambition and he saw the SPL as a backwards step and wanted, knowing that hed get it if he waited, a move to the EPL and no need for the stepping stone. This is the biggest problem for us trying to bring in accomplished players and until we are reaching the cl group stages I fear that mindset will continue and we will have to take our chances on prospects or break the wage structure. I dont see the latter changing. So I don't see the model changing either regardless of whether its lawell or another CEO its DD who calls the shots and any CEO will have to live up to his requirements. ( I believe)

Look im not going into a debate again on the topic.

I dont see any Del Boy tactics in our current wage bill, previous wage bills or the prices club has paid for mibbees

Which players are Del Boy contracts at club?

All players who we have signed and paid a wage to with no impact and some haven't even played for the club are all del boy signings, in the hope that there may be a profit in them.
Possibly could have got a better return on some blow up dolls, with Lenny and PL traitor running around in batman and Robin outfits

aye astute

he even asks their breakfast preferences and pays astute wages for bench warmers, thats how astute he was.
He also won 7trophies on the bounce, an invincible season and an unbeaten british record. His management skills aren't in question just as McGinns abilities arent either.

Is that factual

If he agreed in principle was he asking for bigger wage in light of new interest?

And if he agreed in principle and Celtic were his preferred destination should Celtic then change the principle agreed to pay him more than treble what he would have got under the terms of agreed principle.

facts we know are McGinn was not Guaranteed first team here, he might have stagnated sitting on our bench, he made a call that paid him more than we could comfortably afford at time given Rodgers vision for the player.

He made a decision based on guarantee from AV he would be a main player with good wage at a level that would test him and imo

he made the call that was best for his career at that time.

I would have had mcginn

I would have had him when he was at st mirren

But he chose AV

At time he was not even guaranteed to be on our bench
McGinn made several calls - to as many people he thought could get in touch with Lawwell immediately, who ignored his attempts to still come to Celtic. Lawwell had the arses because his ego had taken a bruising because he couldn't bully Hibs into giving us McGinn for cheaper than they were holding out for which AV came in and matched.

PL thought he was being smart with the threat that we would sign McGinn for free in the January window. Well PL's gamble didn't pay off so he went in the huff.

That's a good point and one player who springs to mind is Timothy Castagne who we were apparently targeting under Rodgers. Now no one expected atalanta to go on and reach the champions league but it dragged and dragged and we didnt get him but Rodgers did get him in the end. Was this due to wages? I think it was due to the players ambition and he saw the SPL as a backwards step and wanted, knowing that hed get it if he waited, a move to the EPL and no need for the stepping stone. This is the biggest problem for us trying to bring in accomplished players and until we are reaching the cl group stages I fear that mindset will continue and we will have to take our chances on prospects or break the wage structure. I dont see the latter changing. So I don't see the model changing either regardless of whether its lawell or another CEO its DD who calls the shots and any CEO will have to live up to his requirements. ( I believe)
I think even if we reach cl

we will be backward step league in cold climate with little chance to develop if your not playing nearly every game and even then with cl

wages becomes a major factor in retaining good players because cl alone doesnt guarantee the income that these big quality players want with success

Boredom and lack of celtic love in their heart mercenaries is another factor

But the sky tv money for certain leagues is the biggest factor imo

He also won 7trophies on the bounce, an invincible season and an unbeaten british record. His management skills aren't in question just as McGinns abilities arent either.
his astuteness at buying value for money is the problem

he lacks astuteness under budget conditions

All players who we have signed and paid a wage to with no impact and some haven't even played for the club are all del boy signings, in the hope that there may be a profit in them.
Possibly could have got a better return on some blow up dolls, with Lenny and PL traitor running around in batman and Robin outfits
oh wow

millions of pounds transfer
millions of pounds wages

And it was just to leave them on bench incase they make a profit

I dont agree with that analysis

You really think Celtic sign players they think aren't good enough in hope they magically become good enough and spend millions doing it is Del Boy

Wow

its got to be the most backward plan in history if they doing it deliberately cause most of those signing cost club a fortune.

But the hard bit is getting players who are better than you have got who ae willing to play for a wage your income can sustain

And thats the plateau

there is no infinite growth in footbal

growth stagnates at point of income/ and sustainable wages

you cross that border you go backwards

rodgers was way over that border as was MON club was going backwards at that point despite looking good on pitch

If its not controlled and cut to fit income then you decline and if you still dont check it

you die

just like Rangers did.

McGinn made several calls - to as many people he thought could get in touch with Lawwell immediately, who ignored his attempts to still come to Celtic. Lawwell had the arses because his ego had taken a bruising because he couldn't bully Hibs into giving us McGinn for cheaper than they were holding out for which AV came in and matched.

PL thought he was being smart with the threat that we would sign McGinn for free in the January window. Well PL's gamble didn't pay off so he went in the huff.
Ok lets re frame it

McGinn shafts Celtic on principle

Blames Lawell for not jumping through hoops to sign a potential bench warmer who didn't add value to first team from his track record at smaller clubs

He was a free agent in matter of weeks but Celtic are skinflints for not offering wage that was unjustifiable for the role offered to player.

Players loved celtic so much he waited till he had got a much better offer before frantically trying to get a tug of war wage increase

But he loves celtic

And lawell doesnt

I dont believe a word of the recent hearsay around Mcginn

unless he said it himself

I think even if we reach cl

we will be backward step league in cold climate with little chance to develop if your not playing nearly every game and even then with cl

wages becomes a major factor in retaining good players because cl alone doesnt guarantee the income that these big quality players want with success

Boredom and lack of celtic love in their heart mercenaries is another factor

But the sky tv money for certain leagues is the biggest factor imo
TET you constantly keep banging this drum regards Rodgers and sky money.
Nither are going to change the failing of current circumstances.
A total lack of good coaching to develop players is desperately needed as we all know we can't afford that ready made player.
Can it be done on our budget and wage structure, I believe so and will always remain so, but not until the current structure is replaced

A total lack of good coaching to develop players is desperately needed as we all know we can't afford that ready made player.
Can it be done on our budget and wage structure, I believe so and will always remain so, but not until the current structure is replaced
🤔🤔🤔 whit day is it

I fully agree

So lets build a better structure

Signing players who dont fit the budget structure should be priority but that means you probably get called Del Boy

It can be done, no doubt bout it

overspending on wages is not viable way though

oh wow

millions of pounds transfer
millions of pounds wages

And it was just to leave them on bench incase they make a profit

I dont agree with that analysis

You really think Celtic sign players they think aren't good enough in hope they magically become good enough and spend millions doing it is Del Boy

Wow

its got to be the most backward plan in history if they doing it deliberately cause most of those signing cost club a fortune.

But the hard bit is getting players who are better than you have got who ae willing to play for a wage your income can sustain

And thats the plateau

there is no infinite growth in footbal

growth stagnates at point of income/ and sustainable wages

you cross that border you go backwards

rodgers was way over that border as was MON club was going backwards at that point despite looking good on pitch

If its not controlled and cut to fit income then you decline and if you still dont check it

you die

just like Rangers did.
What do you mean tet, it happened or maybe you were to blind to notice as your still trapped in your time warp surrounding Rodgers.
Your statements don't add up yet you try and defend them with drivel about the past and excuses for the future.
As I have said before are you PL traitor in disguise?

the only time I mention rodgers is in reply to his hero status and when people suggest the next dude should be in his mold

thats part of the failed way imo

Lawell is evil
rodgers is hero to too many people

lawell might well be rat

but the evidence presented against him is usually not quite balanced

im all for sacking Jim and building a better future with better coaches and better training and better players and lower costs

magic lets get it done

sack lenny for his massive screw ups
sack lawell for his stewardship over last couple seasons and failures

But gonna bring in somebody better and cheaper please

better most important

his astuteness at buying value for money is the problem

he lacks astuteness under budget conditions
His signings were mostly good and some bad and I've yet to see any manager who isnt the same. Leicester have budget conditions compared to the Manchester clubs chelsea etc and yet he is doing extremely well with a provisional club. Thanks to sky cash thevmost hes spent on a player is 40million for teilemans , a great signing btw. The rest are you're average 20-30 million EPL transfers. Nothing like the 100 million , 90 million type of the big clubs and still hes made them a top 6 club and has a great chance of making that a top 4 club again this season.i know you hate rodgers for sneaking out when everyone was sleeping but to question his abilities is ludicrous. I hate sevco but cant deny that theyve racked up some decent results in Europe. I also dont hate Rodgers, just the way he left, lifes to short for me anyway to run around hating him for the successes he brought then leaving. To say that hes not an astute manager is nothing more than the hatred that you have for him surfacing TET you should let it go and focus on what he gave us which has sadly been let to drift away

What do you mean tet, it happened or maybe you were to blind to notice as your still trapped in your time warp surrounding Rodgers.
Your statements don't add up yet you try and defend them with drivel about the past and excuses for the future.
As I have said before are you PL traitor in disguise?
look be specific

some wild accusations

here

I dont bring up rodgers out of context

Members online

Latest posts

Back