What Message Would You Like to Send to Peter Lawwell and the Celtic Board

For me the message would be simple but long...
Peter, we know your a Celtic fan, it was the job of your dreams, you got it, you came with a fantastic CV, deservedly, and were held in such regards that you were chosen to follow a former deputy governor of the Bank of England. You were employed as THE choice of a billionaire, massive kudos and a massive challenge despite what people think you walked into.
You came in on the back of the Seville year, we had the opportunity to win everything, won nothing except praise. Despite getting to UEFA final, we lost £12 million and were £39 million in the red. Your remit was finance, your forte, and your mission was to stabilise the Club.
Over the years you became the pantomine villain at times. Fergus was the saviour, even he was booed. If he was booed, then clearly there's an element that will never be happy.
But, put simply, when the team wins everyone else involved becomes a footnote. The board are invisible when the fans are content. Thats the basics of a successful club.
You have without doubt been a massive success to a point, the facts are there to speak for themselves. But unfortunately for you, your place in history and your stewardship of our club went the way of the original huns. From that 'armageddon' moment on its been an epic disaster, your stewardship has been a fucking disaster for you, your legacy, the club and us supporters.
When faced with the greatest opportunity to become a Celtic legend without kicking a ball you have in reality become the single biggest fucking failure and history will judge so. We will remember you as the man that failed and was the sole inhibitor in our quest for justice, taking Scottish football and subsequently society to task.
We faced cutbacks after Seville, downsizing after the MON years but you gave us wee Gordy. As shrewd an appointment as you will ever make. Emotion rules in the moment but history reflects and ultimately records the unvarnished truth. now i'm going to waver down memory lane and show a willingness to accept when he was right and i was wrong.
WGS, as unpopular as a haemorroid, before, during and even years after was your decision and possibly your best. Went with your plan, never made a single complaint ie 'previous managers had X,Y,Z and i have this. Off went the big earners, Sutty, Hartson, Thompson etc.
WGS with a nod to the finances available bought the best of Scottish talent. I'm not going to get quality but i'll get players that understand the club and will give their all. Never had a fraction of the quality of previous managers but despite that delivered where they failed. WGS played the company man but more importantly achieved. Imagine a Tommy Burns type achieved what WGS did, they'd have been revered to this day, unlike Gordon.
The job is to deliver and WGS delivered much more than your budget should have made possible. Signed a load of shite aye but somehow managed to get that shite to do the business. The last Celtic team to consistently hold their own in Europe despite the gulf in finance and quality. Should have had a penalty before Kaka scored. Fuck off Fergie etc
My reflection above is simple, never mind the noise, you get it right on the park, it doesnt matter who is in charge, the football we play etc. ach, we'll always find a complaint, but not a loud one.
Now Deila was a cheap curveball, not Celtic class, a classy human being but a manager given the opportunity to manage a club that he couldnt refuse, but should never have been given the chance. A project which PL seems to like but ultimately an appointment which showed his apathy to the support. No Rangers, so instead of giving them something to put fire in the belly, we'll downgrade to a level that financially suits his budget and the quality of our most important objective which is football mind. We gave Ronny the respect WGS never got. He was a free hit, a mild success and ultimately provided a huge number of signings that would form the basis of the invincibles.
But back to the death of the huns. They're deed, we know it, SFA know it, the MSM knew it, PL knows it, but for the sake of finance lets it go. We need finance, we need Rangers. He at that time stated 'we don't need anyone else' but behaved differently. Without a doubt he let them off, let the SFA off and made a decision to cut the ambillico chord of the new huns whatever the cost.
He thought that we needed them to flourish despite publicly stating otherwise, grandiose cunt. He turned our clubs back back on us. He should have realised he needs our money, not anyone elses. We will always be there and ready to support/invest, but we have to feel that investment is our investment.
We didnt want death of newco. We didnt want titles other than the cheated years. Go for 48, not this 55 pish. We wanted justice. If they were found guilty of cheating and hands up admitted it then fine, justice and acknowledgement does me. If the SFA admitted a serious failure of governance then fine. I was never after burning crosses or people, but what i know to be true is acknowledged, so i'll move on.
But to choose to disabuse your own supporters for the sake of NEWCO is ultimately the behaviour of a masonic referee in a game giving them a decision. PL chose to appease hun supporters over his own and can't live with the stain. Res 12 will expose him, thats his fear. Its not the outcome for Rangers, its the exposure of his decisions he fears. The death of oldco brought about the demise of his being with the same supporter he used to be a part of.
PL chose for finance, an acceptance of cheating, dishonesty and agreed to cover up the opportunity to expose a long standing bias against our Club at all levels of governance.
After a century of being victimised, cheated and oppressed, given the opportunity to expose these apparent paranoid delusions as fact, he chose to stand in the corner of those that have cost us games, goals, titles, caps and glory.
Oh and i've not even said hes shite a scouting
You have lost your way Peter, you've become an accountant with no soul, your not the same guy that stood on the terraces, you instead have an apathy for us.
Celtic will always have us, our club is more than a club, despite you. The next time you think of that muttering may a shiver come over you, you were a Celtic supporter, but you've become a sum of the parts that we have always derided,
You Peter Lawell will have your place in history, but unfortunately your legacy will not be the good youve no doubt played in our recent success, it will be remembered as the man that decided to fuck over our support and integrity for the sake of your bonus
PS As an addendum, the success we have had of late is despite you. If you had half a brain you'd realise, get a top class manager in and he'll turn your job into the easiest job ever. The invisible CEO is the guy that has a class act in charge. Turn projects into players and pish into winners, but its always been about £

What a brilliant post.....muchas respect comrade 🍀🍀🍀

dunno

why no explain it in plain?

And just out of curiosity what's preferential about these shares?

Briefly.....Further info can be found via Mr Google...

Preference shares, more commonly referred to as preferred stock, are shares of a company's stock with dividends that are paid out to shareholders before common stock dividends are issued. If the company enters bankruptcy, preferred stockholders are entitled to be paid from company assets before common stockholders.

Celtic has circa 15.8 million of 6% Convertible Cumulative Preference shares in issue and which are owned by around 7,800 individuals including the club’s largest shareholder, Dermot Desmond. These shares pay an annual dividend of 3.6 pence per share.

To get the finger out and BUY a decent centre back. Something we’ve been needing for about 3 years.
Get another goalkeeper in.
Midfield is ok.
If we play with 2 strikers we’re ok.
It’s the defence that’s needing sorted out and it has been for the last 3 years at least.But as usual, you’ll be looking in the bargain basement, as you did before. And look where that got us.

To get the finger out and BUY a decent centre back. Something we’ve been needing for about 3 years.
Get another goalkeeper in.
Midfield is ok.
If we play with 2 strikers we’re ok.
It’s the defence that’s needing sorted out and it has been for the last 3 years at least.But as usual, you’ll be looking in the bargain basement, as you did before. And look where that got us.
We paid big money for Jullien who in my opinions been disappointing,id go for Gallagher at Motherwell cant be any worse than what we have now and hes used to the physicality up here.

yes I fully agree

what you described is all how I see it.

But here's the obstacles to delivering it.

1. Celtic Fans won't accept a defensively set up team. Imo of course. But can you imagine celtic side setting up like Cluj against hearts? But you say only in europe. Aye but when your European style is vastly different to the way you play week in week out that 1 off switch of style is hard to pull off against a well oiled system.

IMO our players are good enough to beat the non sky teams in europe but the competition they face week in week and the tactics the opposition employ are not good build up for European fixtures against better oiled teams.

Sevco have pretty much same set up in europe as they have in scotland, they are ranked 2 and playing counter set up week in week out has allowed them chance to create a well oiled counter unit. Much like European sides.

I dont think Celtic Fans would wait 4 seasons of counter football winning jack just to get a 1 in 4 chance of title.

so main point 1 is Celtic Fans want a full blown attacking side with flair, since thats historically what celtic offered.

But I agree change in style to a clark style would be better in europe, but it will bore the big crowds imo.

2 Tactically more aware managers who have pedigree will want big wages to come to scotland. Now I dont like lennon style but it has been pretty effective. More so than most big non sky clubs who dont play counter attack.

Would you be happy for a counter attack style against lesser Scottish teams until they master it well enough to win week in week out albeit in a very compact methodical way?

I would love that shit. But majority of Celtic Fans want charge and flair. imo

hard to pull off charge on a budget in europe and if your charging every game in domestic switching to counter in europe is very difficult since you dont play it very often and charge just gets cut open by mediocre but well oiled system.

training

I know nothing about our training set up

I see lot of hearsay on this topic

But the players and managers and coaches all seem to think its good?

But again you want better coaches I want better coaches

How do you fund it and are they better than what we have?

easy to say we aren't very good at set pieces but what teams on our budget level are better?

Do better coaches just pay themselves?

you assume we dont have a modern top set up

And want better to compete with Sevco?

they are using some odd funding and claim they dont pay board and I dont rate their coaches better than our overall.

Which modern club coaching set up would you want?

if its better and affordable I want it too.

Who is the modern model you want implemented?

I’ll try and respond as best I can re the number of questions you have raised TET in no particular order.

Regarding the style of football you’ve mentioned? I think the Celtic Support know that we can’t go toe to toe with many of the European teams we face. We have to adjust our tactics to suit the environment and if that means we have to play it tight, then that’s what we have to do imo.

The SPFL is an entirely different matter. In Scotland the support expects us to be attack minded and so we should be. We have better players than everyone else. When teams sit with 10 players behind the ball we have little alternative, have we?

I’m also of the view we should be able to change tactically at any given time if we are being coached properly. It’s what well coached and managed teams do.

As to affording a coach who could put all this together? Again I would say we have played against teams with budgets much less than ours who out thought and out played us on the European stage. I doubt very much these coaches were being paid a fortune so it’s a matter of doing our due diligence and appointing a coach who meets this criteria.

To which footballing model should we be looking at? I believe the Ajax model is very good. But like I’ve said previously we can certainly learn from the teams and the coaches that have beaten us recently in European competition.

As for Sevco? In my view they play a regimented and disciplined brand of football. They have a good coach in Michael Beale. He is the brains behind the Huns. Their 4-3-2-1 set up is compact and allows their fullbacks to get forward. It also allows them to crowd the middle of the park and defend narrow. They generally sit in and hit quickly on the break and rely a lot on set pieces.

We should have gone after them long before now, by pressing them high as a team, pinning them in playing with energy, not allowing their fullbacks to get forward and playing a quick tempo for 90+ mins. Why we didn’t suss this out early doors is a mystery to me.
It’s one of the reasons I want a new coaching staff ASAP.

I’ve tried to answer your questions the best I can. I hope its made sense to you. But it’s all about opinions right enough...

But which voice?

Who decides what's to be asked?

And what is their plan?

Is it sustainability issues? The current board seem good at that?

Is it increasing the wage budgets?

Is it purely about res 12?

Is it transparency?

Who is the leader voice? How do you replace him if he no doing the voice very well?

What happens to the money you give them?

Do they just have gripes or viable solutions?

if your a member and they are no actually doing what you assumed they will be doing can you get your money back?

why do they want a block vote? when there isn't enough shares to overide the others

How does that solve the issues that most fans dont understand are just plain ignore?

What exactly is it about current board they are not happy about?

what are the resolutions they want implemented?

How does implementing these resolutions fix current problems?

Answers are something like

I refer you to a blog from 2011 that answers everything that was ever needed solved

now geez your cash

if you join trust are you instantly a representative

can your opinion by held against the trust

why was trust created at same time rangers tax trust was created in 2001

is it a similar jimmy trust triangle round the shady trust pyramids out in the Bermuda region?

Why is low interested to be involved when he buggered off after getting a biscuit tin board to replace a biscuit tin board?
All great questions TeT

I’ll try and respond as best I can re the number of questions you have raised TET in no particular order.

Regarding the style of football you’ve mentioned? I think the Celtic Support know that we can’t go toe to toe with many of the European teams we face. We have to adjust our tactics to suit the environment and if that means we have to play it tight, then that’s what we have to do imo.

The SPFL is an entirely different matter. In Scotland the support expects us to be attack minded and so we should be. We have better players than everyone else. When teams sit with 10 players behind the ball we have little alternative, have we?

I’m also of the view we should be able to change tactically at any given time if we are being coached properly. It’s what well coached and managed teams do.

As to affording a coach who could put all this together? Again I would say we have played against teams with budgets much less than ours who out thought and out played us on the European stage. I doubt very much these coaches were being paid a fortune so it’s a matter of doing our due diligence and appointing a coach who meets this criteria.

To which footballing model should we be looking at? I believe the Ajax model is very good. But like I’ve said previously we can certainly learn from the teams and the coaches that have beaten us recently in European competition.

As for Sevco? In my view they play a regimented and disciplined brand of football. They have a good coach in Michael Beale. He is the brains behind the Huns. Their 4-3-2-1 set up is compact and allows their fullbacks to get forward. It also allows them to crowd the middle of the park and defend narrow. They generally sit in and hit quickly on the break and rely a lot on set pieces.

We should have gone after them long before now, by pressing them high as a team, pinning them in playing with energy, not allowing their fullbacks to get forward and playing a quick tempo for 90+ mins. Why we didn’t suss this out early doors is a mystery to me.
It’s one of the reasons I want a new coaching staff ASAP.

I’ve tried to answer your questions the best I can. I hope its made sense to you. But it’s all about opinions right enough...
everything you have said makes sense

And I agree with it.

but again the problems come down to financing.

How do Ajax do what they do?

run by bankers in the black market city? do they have trust funded special status being part of the burgher/guild.erchant banking circuit?

in a word do they have access to black markets hidden from auditors? What Benfica? one of best academies in world.

take a closer look they are under fraud investigations and spend millions more than they earn.

its also part of the banker networks

So it may just be their better coaches get EBT type payments off the books which makes ordinary punters go how come they are so much better?

the good coaches at euro clubs will not be leaving their club to come to monster celtic without the epl type wages and budgets or at least a significant pay rise to cope with the extra pressure expectation.

And im pretty certain that if Real Madrid had to play spfl teams every week when it comes to europe they will not be as sharp or shape savvy than they would be playing against top Spanish teams week in week out.

Celtic job is a hiding to nothing but getting paid much less than a big league

Ronny was a great manager but fans dont want great managers they want known managers

no matter who they get

they will be the cheap option, biscuit tin option

why?

cause even when board spend a fortune on wages and players they get called skint flints and no good enough

Would you want gallatassaray manager?
What bout Lille?
What bout Cluj?

Because they would all struggle as Celtic manager imo

Why there is no leeway

you either win or your shite.

Briefly.....Further info can be found via Mr Google...

Preference shares, more commonly referred to as preferred stock, are shares of a company's stock with dividends that are paid out to shareholders before common stock dividends are issued. If the company enters bankruptcy, preferred stockholders are entitled to be paid from company assets before common stockholders.

Celtic has circa 15.8 million of 6% Convertible Cumulative Preference shares in issue and which are owned by around 7,800 individuals including the club’s largest shareholder, Dermot Desmond. These shares pay an annual dividend of 3.6 pence per share.
ok

sounds great

but those terms suggest he might be worth taking massive gambles and ratcheting up debts

cause he would get his money back anyway

But he doesnt

so when celtic make bumper returns he gets 3.8 percent either way

So no real incentive to horde the cash either

but if he loves celtic

he will be hiring the best net present value investors he can find.

NPV

what's that

its a risk metric to decide if an investment is a risk worth taking

does it cost more than it returns

And over his tenure Lawell has been brilliant NPV analyst

despite his many flaws and I detest his face when I see it, he makes good NPV calls

football market is in bubble mode.

So really most investments are instantly npv negative.

but if bubble continues you can get your money back when next dude pays over the odds in hope bubble continues

but like the famous bubbles in past

when they burst and they always do the people in control of bursting bubble all get off the bubble just in time and everybody else collapses.

Now these are just tip of iceberg hidden problems but they are very very real.

everything you have said makes sense

And I agree with it.

but again the problems come down to financing.

How do Ajax do what they do?

run by bankers in the black market city? do they have trust funded special status being part of the burgher/guild.erchant banking circuit?

in a word do they have access to black markets hidden from auditors? What Benfica? one of best academies in world.

take a closer look they are under fraud investigations and spend millions more than they earn.

its also part of the banker networks

So it may just be their better coaches get EBT type payments off the books which makes ordinary punters go how come they are so much better?

the good coaches at euro clubs will not be leaving their club to come to monster celtic without the epl type wages and budgets or at least a significant pay rise to cope with the extra pressure expectation.

And im pretty certain that if Real Madrid had to play spfl teams every week when it comes to europe they will not be as sharp or shape savvy than they would be playing against top Spanish teams week in week out.

Celtic job is a hiding to nothing but getting paid much less than a big league

Ronny was a great manager but fans dont want great managers they want known managers

no matter who they get

they will be the cheap option, biscuit tin option

why?

cause even when board spend a fortune on wages and players they get called skint flints and no good enough

Would you want gallatassaray manager?
What bout Lille?
What bout Cluj?

Because they would all struggle as Celtic manager imo

Why there is no leeway

you either win or your shite.
Ronnie was that great we got rid. A likeable guy but he was paid off for a reason.

But which voice?

Who decides what's to be asked?

And what is their plan?

Is it sustainability issues? The current board seem good at that?

Is it increasing the wage budgets?

Is it purely about res 12?

Is it transparency?

Who is the leader voice? How do you replace him if he no doing the voice very well?

What happens to the money you give them?

Do they just have gripes or viable solutions?

if your a member and they are no actually doing what you assumed they will be doing can you get your money back?

why do they want a block vote?

How does that solve the issues that most fans dont understand are just plain ignore?

What exactly is it about current board they are not happy about?

what are the resolutions they want implemented?

How does implementing these resolutions fix current problems?

Answers are something like

I refer you to a blog from 2011 that answers everything that was ever needed solved

now geez your cash

if you join trust are you instantly a representative

can your opinion by held against the trust

why was trust created at same time rangers tax trust was created in 2001

is it a similar jimmy trust triangle round the shady trust pyramids out in the Bermuda region?

Why is low interested to be involved when he buggered off after getting a biscuit tin board to replace a biscuit tin board?
TET you say "what is their plan" however in your earlier post you doubted their " manifesto"?

Ronnie was that great we got rid. A likeable guy but he was paid off for a reason.
he was a great manager in Norway league working with less resources

thats the point

these guys at other clubs doing the counter game well in europe dont have the celtic pressure every single match are often underdog in their games and as result when they beat celtic you think wow that celtic aren't very organised.

its cause we cant get organised playing defensive teams every game with no other objective than to sneak win and a draw will do.

It creates hubris in the minds of our players then shock when European teams actually have a real plan to exploit weaknesses.

No team in scotland outside Glasgow can match the level of players we have so they need to defend for their points which is a bad thing for celtic defensively when they need that organisation

Now it can be done differently and plenty managers can win with dull Italian style tactics

but Celtic Fans will not accept that week in week out

they want bluster up and at em charge

but that style is useless in europe against well oiled teams

And getting balance right is much harder than meets the eye because we get very little testing of European systems in scotland therefore when we play against weaker teams In europe playing a style that they play week in week out then you find results are not so great

add in the weight of expectation and you have extra nerves and players not in good positional awareness due to it being like a foreign style that doesnt just pull off and let you run at them.

Are there managers who could it better than lennon

im sure there are

would they want the hassles and the boredom of Scottish football plus the hatred at bad results

coupled with the msm writing all sorts of hearsay

its a job that is not suited to most big managers

its a job that no matter who you are if your not winning your shite.

And that pressure on manager means a top manager wants mega bucks budgets like your advocaat types.

Even if he currently earning low wage at smaller club

as soon as celtic want him he wants big contract

assurances and budgets for better grade of players

and we dont have the resources to buy better grade of players

we need to make them

but making them takes time and time is something no celtic manager will ever get

win or leave is the cry

Back