When Will This Behaviour Stop Being Accepted? The Ugly Face Of Anti-Irish Racism…

I went to a protestant school and, as a supporter of Celtic, and all it stood for.....was bullied both mentally and physically.....constantly....
Kids get bullied in school because they have ginger hair or buck teeth or wearing specs or having freckles or are smart or are a dunce or they aren't wearing the right designer gear. Kids are always judgemental until they're educated. The anti-Catholic issue is taught at home.

I understand the mantra your grandfather set Frank, and in most cases is correct, but make plenty of exceptions when sevco scum are involved alongside loyalists.
Religion is just used as an excuse imo, as you aren't given a choice as a baby.
Regardless, to the best of my knowledge, all religions acknowledge the commandments, for which many of the worlds laws are based upon, and also a decent way of living your own life by.
Haven't made such a great job of that myself in the past, as was to rebellious and rules/laws were there to be broken, but as I've said before, I also had to pay the price.
Always and still have the opinion, cut off the head and the body with die, and that especially applies to sevco scum (SS) above anything else in my world.
Thanks for your reply John, and as always I find your comments and thoughts both interesting and informative. But I like to think by rising above their caveman ideology I leave them seething and wishing they could find the wherewithal to drag themselves into modernity . I like to leave them wishing they could be like us !

I remember workin with a protestant lad in the mid 90's. His best friend was in the ruc. It was the time of the stand off at drumcree in the North.
One day I overheard a phone conversation between the two of them. There was a lot of laughing between the two. When I asked what they were laughing at he told me his friend was pissed off about havin to stop fellow prods from marching. He said if it had been taigs, at least they could use plastic on them, but they would never do it on their own.

Thanks for your reply John, and as always I find your comments and thoughts both interesting and informative. But I like to think by rising above their caveman ideology I leave them seething and wishing they could find the wherewithal to drag themselves into modernity . I like to leave them wishing they could be like us !
Very true Frank, in the perfect world its easy to apply, but we don't live in a perfect world, far from it.
I believe very strongly in everyone has choices in this man made world we live in.
Now if making a stand against such scum is classed as being just as bad as them, then I'll remain a bigot and racist till my dying day.
Yet I wouldn't class myself as one still, just for having strong belief in what I believe in.
I dont know weather I'm right or wrong still but I'll leave that up to the good lord to decide

Just watched the stv news and the police are basically saying that they will throw the book at them...in this latest racist escapade by them.....

Funnily lennono if they had that choice on Sunday they could’ve handed it to thum but it would have meant handing the flutes and sashes back first.
The public fone number is
55 1690
Catholic’s wullni

HH 😂

Quick enough to lift me at Glasgow Airport on the way back from a match years ago Frank, when I referred to them as orange bastards for acting the bollox.
Can't think of another country you get arrested in for telling the truth Frank
Funny story about the 'Gendarmes' and my interaction with them, as a 17 year old
My old man told me..."Two things that must never happen...a girl showing up on our doorstep with a baby in her arms,saying it's yours...and two...the polis coming to our door because of you"
"Fair enough Dad"
The first rule was never tested, but the second...and it was only the once
Back in the days of when there was no Sunday opening for pubs, I spent the weekend Friday to Sunday night at my mates, we went up to the city and had a great time, then as I was walking home on the Sunday night, with my wee sports bag with a change of clothes in it, I met a boy I was in school with
As we were standing talking around midnight, a Panda car comes along the street and stops
Window comes down and I have my back to the road
First dicey bunnet: "Hey...Move along..."
Me: "Aye very good...we're just talking..."
Door opens and said monster dicey bunnet gets in my face...
"Whit's in the bag ?
Me: "Claes"
DB: "Where did you get them ?"
Me: "Ma hoose"
DB: "Where are you taking them ?"
Me:
"Ma hoose"
He makes a moves to grab the bag and I pirouette away from him and he misses
He is NOT best pleased
The other dicey bunnet gets out and says "Get in the car"
I said "No it's ok, I'll walk..."
This does not go down well with either of the stormtroopers, so they manage to get me and twist my arms up my back
It was a tight squeeze getting me into the back seat as they had to flip the front seat forward
Once ensconced in the rear of the vehicle, the first plod has a look around...nobody in sight now as my friend has taken to his heels
Polis number one, then punches me right in the face and my eye starts to swell shut
I said "Thank You"
This brought a flurry of blows in my direction as I got down on the floor and that was not easy as it was a Panda car
He was not happy, as he could only hammer away at my legs and feet
They said "We're not taking you to the jail, we're taking you home
There was a tag on my bag with my name and address...DRAT !!! Foiled again
One of them had me round the corner, as the sergeant knocked on our door at 1 am on a Monday morning
You can imagine my Mothers face when this big mutant dicey, with the Darth Vader cape on, asked if I lived there, she almost fainted...she thought something had happened, it was Greenock in the halcyon days of knife crime and razor gans and of course, Frankie Vaughan who came up to solved the violence in and around Easterhouse etc
The one who was holding my hair, and gently banging my head off the wall out of sight, then went one step too far, and got a knee to his 'janglies' he grunted and almost went down, but regained his balance and continued to pummel away at me.as I blocked his punches...he was pissed off
He then punched me again, and that's when my Mother came running round shouting "Hey, what's going on"
My suit was dishevelled, my long hair all over my face, and my face was swollen, so she was not happy seeing me like that, and jumped in and told them to leave me alone
They left me to face my fate with the old man
He did not disappoint...he only ever hit me once in all my life...and that was the night/morning
He said to my Mother "Away into the living room, I'll handle this..."
I got one word out before the lights went out
My old man was a boxer, and I had broken rule number two, so he gave me a beaut' of an uppercut, and I 'went for a short nap'
When I came to, he lectured me and reminded of 'the rules'
He was going on about never being in trouble with the polis himself...
Took me a couple of weeks to bring myself to talk to him tbh
A few months later, we're supposed to be going over to Rothesay on the ferry on the Fair Saturday...
The door opens at half six in the morning, and in comes my old man, he looks like he hasn't slept all night and when we asked where the fuck he was on the Friday night
"I was coming out of the club and had a few scoofs in me, just as I crossed the street, the kerb was broken and I stepped on a piece and lost my balance, and went down
Just then a Panda car came round the corner, (timing is everything) they see me trying to get up on my feet, they jump out, grab me, and huckle me into the car, spent the night in the cells, and they did a number on my ribs too"
He lifted his shirt to reveal severe bruising on his torso
Do I have a great love for the diceys ?...not really, do I hate them ?...no, I even have relatives who are in the force, but I understand that not all are to be tarred with the same brush
Oh, and my old man had a greater respect for me, and my refusal to give in to their demands after those two incidents

It's a thankless job no doubt, but the fact they have one rule for one set of 'football fans' and one for the rest, speaks volumes about who's actually in charge in our wee country
Here's a hint, they like to give it the funny handshakes, and wear circus outfits, and playing flutes, while marching through the streets of Scotland's towns and cities

I hope everyone has a wonderful week

HH

Last edited:
It's not just anti Irish racism, with a large minority of a certain club, my 3 Grandkids were subject tae racist abuse & assaults while out playing on Sunday afternoon, my daughter-in-law is of Iranian decent, I've spoken about it before on here, the school & the police have been involved in the past. When they came in & told us what had happened over at the park, the daughter-in-law had tae hold my Son back, my Mrs told.my daughter tae phone the Police & tell them what happened & hope they get here before yer Dad's tongue starts the fight & his fists finish it

I should.have risen above it & let the Poluce deal with it, but I've had enough of the abuse my Grand kids get they're only 8(Granddaughter)& 10 (the twins) I've already been over a few times this summer, but the boys father didn't take heed to my last warning. As I walked out the door I could hear the youngest granddaughter tell her Granny, he's took the dog lead. The Police lifted me at at 5.30pm, I got out at 9pm. Released for further enquires, no charge yet. But I expect an assault charge coming my way in the next few weeks.

#Callitout #ScotlandsShame
I've always thought that the best way to deal with bullying is to tell the father of the bullying if it happens again, I will fuck you up in front of you kids. Every time your kid steps out of line, I will be back to fuck you up again.
The kid will never say or do anything to your kids/grandkids again.

Very true Frank, in the perfect world its easy to apply, but we don't live in a perfect world, far from it.
I believe very strongly in everyone has choices in this man made world we live in.
Now if making a stand against such scum is classed as being just as bad as them, then I'll remain a bigot and racist till my dying day.
Yet I wouldn't class myself as one still, just for having strong belief in what I believe in.
I dont know weather I'm right or wrong still but I'll leave that up to the good lord to decide
I envy you John, you see, I don't have your faith and so feel only accountable to myself. But if I can respectfully say, in my opinion, standing up to them doesn't equate to being in the gutter along with them.

We've grown up with it around us and it seems to be even worse today due to the inbred teachings at home of those who are unable, or unwilling, to move forward with their lives
Our club stands idly by as these things are allowed to take place, while a guy in Australia highlights their inherent bigotry, for all the world to see
Scotland shouts about human rights abuses around the world and yet, these imbeciles are given carte blanche to do whatever they please
It infects every facet of Scottish society, and you only need look at who's running the councils etc, who allow these impromptu marches to take place and Police Scotland do nothing except march beside them, listening to their songs of hatred
Do they need a special permit for marches ?
Are they charged for it ?
Who pays for the Police Scotland presence at these rallies (remember who else was fond of rallies ?)
At the end of the day, a football clubs supporters are allowed to disrupt everyday life in Glasgow, with these displays of anti Irish hatred, and it's a sad indictment on not only the city, but the country
I am thousands of miles away, but have family and friends who live there, and it saddens me to see how far backwards the city has gone
Those in power on all sides, even the clubs, condone it by doing nothing to stop it

Soapbox put away...for now

HH
Totally agree pal . I've in England longer than Scotland now and over last 3 or 4 yrs found town aye live in more right wing anti Scottish pro Indy voters after all these Years getting called a peado Muslim lover and you can guess the rest these are people in there 50s and young ones sad people out got worse since we left EEC

I envy you John, you see, I don't have your faith and so feel only accountable to myself. But if I can respectfully say, in my opinion, standing up to them doesn't equate to being in the gutter along with them.
Nothing to do with faith Frank, it's weather you believe or don't, and a question that can't be answered and possibly never will be either.
This is why I don't understand any religious aspects upon things, it's only a story and religion only puts its own aspects upon it imo.
Would never discriminate against anyone over religion myself especially about a question that can't be answered.
Do take exception against what someone's beliefs in life can be about especially with anything sevco scum (SS) stands for and the bastards that supports them same beliefs.

Your post reminds me of the time when a "friend" of mine told me that "for the duration of the game" he thought of me as a fenian b...... ! But after the game all was fine. The same individual thought Scotland should be commended for "tolerating " Catholicsm. Sums up just how deep this pernicious hatred runs in their veins.
My mate, when I was in the army was from Belfast, proper rangers fans. We would have some right slagging matches and we would occasionally have a wee sing song. One night in the bar on camp after an old firm game, we were winding each other up. He started singing the sash. I was surprised that some of the English guys knew the words and joined in. So I stood up on a chair , arms out wide and started belting out "going home British soldiers, going home" . The English guys never took that 2 well.
They were very surprised when I stuck the nut on one of them & walshy ,my Belfast mate, jumped in to back me up with these English twats.
They just couldn't get their heads around the fact that we were having banter with each other.
Cunts from Ayrshire are the worse bigots/racists. Most guy I knew from Belfast could take a joke, scummy bastards from Ayrshire cant

Last edited:
What really surprises me with all the hun anti Irish and catholic racist bigotry, is why doesn’t the Irish government and the Catholic Church not get involved, the Irish government and the pope could release statements putting pressure on our government of this “welcome to all” wee country of ours, our time for a demonstration at the parliament, with perhaps an open air mass 🙏

What really surprises me with all the hun anti Irish and catholic racist bigotry, is why doesn’t the Irish government and the Catholic Church not get involved, the Irish government and the pope could release statements putting pressure on our government of this “welcome to all” wee country of ours, our time for a demonstration at the parliament, with perhaps an open air mass 🙏
Not our problem BB, sevco scum (SS) problem.
Why doesn't the church of Scotland /England call it out? Would make more sense to me

Is that the donut who does their podcasts?I had a peek at his match report,fuck me he had an old man's bunnet oan&looked like he was wearing his granda's clothes 😂😂Then it dawned on me,they've always wanted to wear older mens clothes,join the ludge etc cos that's the brainwashing in full working mode for these nobodies. Not for them the normality of youth,nice bit of clobber&get up the dancing&get a hold of some clunge.No no let's put on some shitty clobber&go down the ludge......

As I say S2, I'll await the outcome before condemning them. I learned my lesson many years ago regarding making comments before establishing the facts. I'm not going into details here S2, but I have very solid personal reasons for not believing the police. I try very hard not to allow my feelings to cloud my judgement. As you said earlier, this situation is pretty much evident in all levels of Scottish life, cops, press, politicians etc, so it will probably receive what amounts to no more than tokenism when it comes to responding to the events in question. However, I always at least try to rise above them, and so will give them the opportunity to demonstrate to the the wider public that perhaps, just perhaps, things are changing.

I get the sentiment mate but the outcome should've been swift as what further facts needed to be established...the polis were present when that group of people acted in a racist and religiously bigoted manner, the behaviour of those people clearly broke the law, therefore the polis should've done their jobs and arrested them on the spot!

The fact that the polis didnae arrest them there and then just sends out the message that this lot are not subject to the same laws as everybody else, that their racism and bigotry is somehow acceptable to or will be tolerated by the polis so long as there's no public outcry or bad press which forces the polis to act!

Like I said mate I get the sentiment but far too many people in positions of power and authority in Scotland act as enablers, apologists and excuse makers far too often for this lot so when is it time to stop giving those in authority who do so the benefit of the doubt? (y)

Back