Where do we all stand on Lenny?

I'm not saying he's in any way a good manager pal, what I'm saying is he's a big name in the footballing world and like it or not that is a draw for some players, especially younger players who grew up watching him.

Think about it, that club is a basket case in every sense and some of the players they've signed (regardless of whether we rate them or not) likely would've ran a mile and signed elsewhere if it weren't for the draw of working with 'Liverpool Legend' Sevvie G. King knows this and it's one of the main reasons he brought him in in the first place. Aside from the fact King needed something drastic to keep the gullibillies on the hook he also needed something/anything to make his shambles of a club look like a more attractive destination for players than what it was and bringing in a high profile name does that.

It's not about whether WE think he's a soup taker or whether WE respect him it's about what people outwith think and what the Sevvie hordes will lap up!

HH Maria.

I understand that and accept they signed for him.
But box office i woulda expected a better calibre of signatories.

Thats all im saying.

I dont think he’s box office to those who are already relevant and plying their trade well.

But accept without him the probs wouldn’t even have got the mediocre dross they did.

??

HH Andybhoy ☘️

I understand that and accept they signed for him.
But box office i woulda expected a better calibre of signatories.

Thats all im saying.

I dont think he’s box office to those who are already relevant and plying their trade well.

But accept without him the probs wouldn’t even have got the mediocre dross they did.

??

HH Andybhoy ☘️

Money will always be a factor in attracting a higher calibre of player Maria, a box office name won't change that but there's no getting away from the fact that a high profile manager certainly helps when it comes to attracting players to sign for a club and whatever we may think of him Sevvie G is a high profile name in the world of football.

HH pal.

Never mind what any orange b*astards do or have done (skin colour not sash)

Now that Lenny Is here what's everyone's thoughts?

I personally love Lenny and I'm excited to give him a chance again.
I'd love Steve Clarke with Lenny as assistant but I'd still be happy if Lenny was made permanent.

His passion was there for all to see yesterday and there's no political style answers just passionate ones because he genuinely loves our club and knows what it means to represent it.

I love the idea of someone who loves Celtic as much as most of us do, leading us towards the treble and potential 10.

I think we're lucky someone like him could come in like this but I'd genuinely like to hear other people's ideas on it, especially if you disagree.

Who would honestly be better other than maybe Clarke?
I think Steve Clark has done a tremendous job at Killie but his managerial record at other clubs isn’t inspiring. The latest controversy with the Sevco fans means he is more than likely go back down to London. Who needs that hassle to be honest.
I think it’s Lennons job to lose. I’m sure there will be some other candidates mentioned from left field but Lennon knows the club, what’s required to win & has experience of winning big games in Europe also. We’d be foolish to through all that away for a new manager who’ll need time to settle & get a new defence styled while we are going for 9 in a row.

Money will always be a factor in attracting a higher calibre of player Maria, a box office name won't change that but there's no getting away from the fact that a high profile manager certainly helps when it comes to attracting players to sign for a club and whatever we may think of him Sevvie G is a high profile name in the world of football.

HH pal.

Well i’d want my money back. He’s just attracted flies

I think Steve Clark has done a tremendous job at Killie but his managerial record at other clubs isn’t inspiring. The latest controversy with the Sevco fans means he is more than likely go back down to London. Who needs that hassle to be honest.
I think it’s Lennons job to lose. I’m sure there will be some other candidates mentioned from left field but Lennon knows the club, what’s required to win & has experience of winning big games in Europe also. We’d be foolish to through all that away for a new manager who’ll need time to settle & get a new defence styled while we are going for 9 in a row.
I still don't think SC would be averse to a major coaching role. He'd be a good counter-weight to Lenny and can take some of the press heat.

He always seemed more comfortable in that role and his strength is in building relationships with players.

Money still talks and it's got to be worth at least an enquiry.

My point in its entirety. Its no any better wi box office. Shite is shite and shite gets flies. Bit like zombie shites ??

No arguments there pal they're still shite as big name or not Sevvie G is still clueless when it comes to being a manager but the point I'm trying to make is they'd probably be in an even worse state had they wen't for another Pedro type i.e. an unknown with no clout in UK football.

No arguments there pal they're still shite as big name or not Sevvie G is still clueless when it comes to being a manager but the point I'm trying to make is they'd probably be in an even worse state had they wen't for another Pedro type i.e. an unknown with no clout in UK football.
And the added bonus is that they've added to their bucket-load of debt with only marginal improvements.

The name added a bit of weight initially, but they're still in the market for all our yesterdays men.

Gump comes with a price attached too and I'd be fairly hacked off that I wasn't getting a return on that investment.

Simple fact is that we're 8 points clear in mostly first gear. We had a wee purple patch with CalMac playing quarter-back, but beyond that we haven't done anything particularly special.

I'm not sure we're suited for a box-office name, John Barnes and Liam Brady were a bit of a disaster and proved that we needed someone with at least a toe dipped in our heritage and culture.

And the added bonus is that they've added to their bucket-load of debt with only marginal improvements.

The name added a bit of weight initially, but they're still in the market for all our yesterdays men.

Gump comes with a price attached too and I'd be fairly hacked off that I wasn't getting a return on that investment.

Simple fact is that we're 8 points clear in mostly first gear. We had a wee purple patch with CalMac playing quarter-back, but beyond that we haven't done anything particularly special.

I'm not sure we're suited for a box-office name, John Barnes and Liam Brady were a bit of a disaster and proved that we needed someone with at least a toe dipped in our heritage and culture.

When I initially mentioned a 'box office name' SP it was in relation to a DOF if we were to change the current set up.

I was saying that it may be something we need to explore and that as much of a Celtic legend as Lenny is and as good a manager as Stevie Clarke is their names don't carry as much clout when it comes to attracting a higher standard of talent from overseas, so if either Lenny or Clarke got the manager's job then a more high profile name in the DOF role would remedy that.

HH mate.

When I initially mentioned a 'box office name' SP it was in relation to a DOF if we were to change the current set up.

I was saying that it may be something we need to explore and that as much of a Celtic legend as Lenny is and as good a manager as Stevie Clarke is their names don't carry as much clout when it comes to attracting a higher standard of talent from overseas, so if either Lenny or Clarke got the manager's job then a more high profile name in the DOF role would remedy that.

HH mate.
I'm coming around to the idea of a Director of Football. I just hope it's not a vanity project or some ego trip for somebody.

I was thinking that Henrik would be ideal for that role. He has the profile. Loves the club and knows and understands Lenny.

I believe he's the perfect candidate and he's quite shrewd as well.

I'm coming around to the idea of a Director of Football. I just hope it's not a vanity project or some ego trip for somebody.

I was thinking that Henrik would be ideal for that role. He has the profile. Loves the club and knows and understands Lenny.

don't know about henrik in that role S.P,who was the dude we signed on his recommendation, cannae remember his name. HH

Henrik undoubtedly knows the club inside out and knows Lenny well enough, my only concern there is would he be interested in a role like that being a relatively young manager, does he have the credentials to implement a strategy across the whole football operation and would he be able to face down Lawell when he has to?

I was thinking along the lines of a well known elder statesman type with a bit of clout not just here but on the continent too. Someone who's days on the training pitch are maybe winding down but who's knowledge of the game is second to none and who's philosophy would suit our own ethos. Thinking along the lines of Hitzfeld/Ancelotti/Trapattoni types.

HH S.P,would still like to see Henrik back in some capacity.
Living legend, Michael.

A genuinely world class talent that will prosper in a bigger footballing environment.

I appreciate him going home when he did, but Henrik needs to be in the big-time to prosper.

If he came in to that role, he would have the immediate backing of the fans and that's a decent bargaining chip when you're asking for brass.

Henrik undoubtedly knows the club inside out and knows Lenny well enough, my only concern there is would he be interested in a role like that being a relatively young manager, does he have the credentials to implement a strategy across the whole football operation and would he be able to face down Lawell when he has to?

I was thinking along the lines of a well known elder statesman type with a bit of clout not just here but on the continent too. Someone who's days on the training pitch are maybe winding down but who's knowledge of the game is second to none and who's philosophy would suit our own ethos. Thinking along the lines of Hitzfeld/Ancelotti/Trapattoni types.

Back