“It smacked of hypocrisy” – Nicola Sturgeon’s Outrageous Celtic Comments, Neil Lennon Out… Standing

Also ALL existing EU members must agree. I'm sure Spain will vote for that bearing in mind the Catalonian issue.🤔
One option - in my view, the best option - is to become a full member of the EU as an independent country. Indeed, independence would resolve the fundamental cause of the position Scotland currently finds itself in: Westminster Governments that Scotland doesn't vote for, imposing policies that a majority in Scotland does not support.

The Scottish Government was elected in May on a manifesto which said in relation to independence:

"The Scottish Parliament should have the right to hold another referendum [...] if there is a significant and material change in the circumstances that prevailed in 2014, such as Scotland being taken out the EU against our will."

There is no question, therefore, about the legitimacy of the Scottish Parliament and the people of Scotland considering the question of independence in these circumstances.

Who is Westminister Stevie, Did Scotland sign up to Westminster, Has the EU said there was a rule on independent countries who want to join, as i recall Britian exited not Scotland. So what is Britian Stevie is it Westminster, the last i looked Westminste rwas nothing more than a Parliment, a building for politicians to debate, nothing more.
Boab we both know that they have said no. Unless the SNP gains power in the existing UK. Unlikely pal.

Worries me when you're around at this time on a Saturday night mate, I can only assume you're pished! 😹
Another scenario, Scotland gets back into the EU, but pretty much every product we import/export travels through.....England a non EU country. Whats to stop them putting massive tariffs on products crossing their borders? Absolutely nothing to stop them, then we'd have an actual reason to hate the English (other than Jimmy Hill)
Oh I hear a Nat in the background piping up we'll just sail all of our imports and exports via boats , yeah that won't add to the cost of everything, course it won't 😹
Are you trying to insinuate that the Fraserburgh fishing fleet couldn’t handle Scotlands import export trade 😉

Boab we both know that they have said no.
Its not a case of No, the will of the Scottish people if they want to engage in an independance vote can.

And also there is may ways round the EU.

"In the first instance, it is not predestined that an independent Scotland would apply to join the EU. A minority in the independence movement favours a Norway-style relationship of membership of the European Free Trade Association and participation in the European Economic Area. Some supporters of independence also voted for Brexit – and might wish for Scotland to have an equally distant relationship with the EU."

Worries me when you're around at this time on a Saturday night mate, I can only assume you're pished! 😹
Another scenario, Scotland gets back into the EU, but pretty much every product we import/export travels through.....England a non EU country. Whats to stop them putting massive tariffs on products crossing their borders? Absolutely nothing to stop them, then we'd have an actual reason to hate the English (other than Jimmy Hill)
Oh I hear a Nat in the background piping up we'll just sail all of our imports and exports via boats , yeah that won't add to the cost of everything, course it won't 😹
Needs must hoopy. Most of Ireland's exports went through England pre brexit. Now they're just going around it. Simple.

One option - in my view, the best option - is to become a full member of the EU as an independent country. Indeed, independence would resolve the fundamental cause of the position Scotland currently finds itself in: Westminster Governments that Scotland doesn't vote for, imposing policies that a majority in Scotland does not support.

The Scottish Government was elected in May on a manifesto which said in relation to independence:

"The Scottish Parliament should have the right to hold another referendum [...] if there is a significant and material change in the circumstances that prevailed in 2014, such as Scotland being taken out the EU against our will."

There is no question, therefore, about the legitimacy of the Scottish Parliament and the people of Scotland considering the question of independence in these circumstances.
An SNP manifesto means jack shit. It means they will ask Westminster for permission again.

Another thought, if Scotland was to pull the independence rabbit out the hat would we pay back the pandemic costs? The furlough, job support schemes, business loans, vaccine costs all that shit thats kept us going or would it be a case of fuck you see you later?

Another thought, if Scotland was to pull the independence rabbit out the hat would we pay back the pandemic costs? The furlough, job support schemes, business loans, vaccine costs all that shit thats kept us going or would it be a case of fuck you see you later?
same way as the uk will do, only we'll have a smaller portion of the cost

An SNP manifesto means jack shit. It means they will ask Westminster for permission again.
Stevie if you don't want it thats fine, but a lot of people would at least be willing to give it try, a Boris Johnson and English Governmemt tory or labour means fuck all to me. Labour sold out years ago and have no chance in Scotland, an independant Scotland would be Labours best chance of power. The tories are simply fucked in Scotland.
But heres the rub the age group who will be voting Independance are getting younger and are turning out, thats what change brings. We had our day and made a cunt of it always falling for the same trick and letting the same clown shoes in and giving us endless wars and poor health and inequality, time to leave it to the younger generation after all it will be there future they want shaped, energy,equality,prosperity and an end to been treated as second class citizens in their own country.

Stevie if you don't want it thats fine, but a lot of people would at least be willing to give it try, a Boris Johnson and English Governmemt tory or labour means fuck all to me. Labour sold out years ago and have no chance in Scotland, an independant Scotland would be Labours best chance of power. The tories are simply fucked in Scotland.
But heres the rub the age group who will be voting Independance are getting younger and are turning out, thats what change brings. We had our day and made a cunt of it always falling for the same trick and letting the same clown shoes in and giving us endless wars and poor health and inequality, time to leave it to the younger generation after all it will be there future they want shaped, energy,equality,prosperity and an end to been treated as second class citizens in their own country.
Boab its not a thing to give "a try" its for fucking ever. Its not like taking a risk on a politician who you can vote out in 4 or 5 years, bojo, sturgeon and all the rest of them are temporary, 5 or 10 years from now nobody will give a fuck about them, come, gone, forgotten, some other self serving twat will have taken their places, independence is for ever. We won't have the option of saying "aye we tried that it was a shite idea can we come back now?"

I'd have no problem with an independent Scotland Boab if i honestly thought we could walk on our own two feet and thrive. The problem for me is i don't.

Boab its not a thing to give "a try" its for fucking ever. Its not like taking a risk on a politician who you can vote out in 4 or 5 years, bojo, sturgeon and all the rest of them are temporary, 5 or 10 years from now nobody will give a fuck about them, come, gone, forgotten, some other self serving twat will have taken their places, independence is for ever. We won't have the option of saying "aye we tried that it was a shite idea can we come back now?"
If your comfy in the current setup thats fine, not a problem thats your vote, me i would vote change all day long, would sleep in the hills rather than live a life under the tories who lets be honest will be in forever, they are both conservative and labour we so that with the better together and under Blair, we saw a real genuine man been tarred a symetic by his own party back stabbers. So aye i will take change all day long.

Back