A thought for the poor people on Easter Monday

Are you saying christ has authority tt?
You asked me what Jesus would say if He was confronted with the question:

“Jesus was the poorest of the poor. Roman Catholicism, which claims to be His church, is the richest of the rich, the wealthiest institution on earth. (…) How come, that such an institution, ruling in the name of this same itinerant preacher, whose want was such that he had not even a pillow upon which to rest his head, is now so top-heavy with riches that she can rival - indeed, that she can put to shame - the combined might of the most redoubtable financial trusts, of the most potent industrial super-giants, and of the most prosperous global corporation of the world?”

I answered.

I asked you what the Pope might say. You have not answered, I suspect because the question embarrasses you and you can't face even thinking about the question.

You say this is a football website. That's true. But it also has a section on general chat. At every Celtic match we can hear the words chanted "God Bless The Pope". I would be very happy if Celtic FC completely disassociated itself from ANY religion, and stuck to football matters. To be fair those that run the club have done that to a fair extent, but the fans still insist on associating the Catholic Church with Celtic FC. The irony is, through my research I have found that the Vatican has very strong links with Freemasonry and the Pope is a Freemason!

Now can you answer the question or not?

“Jesus was the poorest of the poor. Roman Catholicism, which claims to be His church, is the richest of the rich, the wealthiest institution on earth. (…) How come, that such an institution, ruling in the name of this same itinerant preacher, whose want was such that he had not even a pillow upon which to rest his head, is now so top-heavy with riches that she can rival - indeed, that she can put to shame - the combined might of the most redoubtable financial trusts, of the most potent industrial super-giants, and of the most prosperous global corporation of the world?”

I answered.

I asked you what the Pope might say. You have not answered, I suspect because the question embarrasses you and you can't face even thinking about the question.

You say this is a football website. That's true. But it also has a section on general chat. At every Celtic match we can hear the words chanted "God Bless The Pope". I would be very happy if Celtic FC completely disassociated itself from ANY religion, and stuck to football matters. To be fair those that run the club have done that to a fair extent, but the fans still insist on associating the Catholic Church with Celtic FC. The irony is, through my research I have found that the Vatican has very strong links with Freemasonry and the Pope is a Freemason!

who do you represent oh son of the morning star, your blasphemous tripe has zero authenticity

I answered.

your research is worthless tt

you lie with impunity and are guided by your father the devil

I think you've lost the plot. You sound like one of these fanatics from the Spanish Inquisition... and NO ONE expects the Spanish Inquisition! :ROFLMAO:

I answered.

the question is loaded with false assertions therefore its not worthy of debate.

has no sources
has no truth
and is vile

no embarrassment to me

should be shame from you though.

I answered.

the question is loaded with false assertions therefore its not worthy of debate.

I answered.

who do you represent oh son of the morning star, your blasphemous tripe has zero authenticity

You sound like one of these fanatics from the Spanish Inquisition... and NO ONE expects the Spanish Inquisition! :ROFLMAO:

Everything you present is from masonic sources or outright lunacy

yet im the inquisition hahahahaha

yes tt your twisted scriptures are hilarious

false tt

Well Shamy I’m sitting on a double folded towel so any dribbles should be contained. I’m gonna have a trawl through and see if I can gie masel a good laugh. I’ve not been a member long enough to know much about him but it’s obvious he’s a hun and a wee bit soft in the heid. I don’t deny anyone the right to their own religious views and religious debate is healthy when it’s done with integrity and respect but I don’t take kindly to this bawbag insulting my faith. He doesn’t even have the basic intelligence to put his own argument. Any numpty can cut and paste internet shite. Just a festering maggot ball

He is he has a profile on fester fester and the shitty den.

Boab I respect anyone who wants to believe in their chosen religion, please respect someone elses decision to believe in something else. Now put the pitchfork down.

Boab I respect anyone who wants to believe in their chosen religion, please respect someone elses decision to believe in something else. Now put the pitchfork down.

the romans invented Jesus?

Are you being serious?

Was pontius pilate part of the invention?
was Herod Agrippa?

im no gonna watch a video to debunk it

but you read the book? which book you talking bout?

Author title

Also give me general jist of any of the assertions in it.

there are lots of books written that people believe but some of them don't hold up to serious scrutiny.

CAESAR'S MESSIAH: The Roman Conspiracy to Invent Jesus
I watched first 5 mins and the hypothesis is fake, straight off.

gospels don't portray romans as good guys
the only reason Rome became the first among equals was because Peter was bishop at his martyrdom and he had trained up the next 3 bishops who knew they would face same fate as Peter and Paul. tortured by the romans.

not only were the christians tortured mostly by the romans till Constantine.

in the early massive councils against heresy full of tortured bishops but they laid out the entire history of the church and its testimony.

declaring yourself christian in roman era almost always came with death penalty

the testimony and writings both from roman testimony but from anti roman testimony is voluminous. yet the research of the video man was centred on why church had a roman feel good factor.

did the researcher go to the tt school of make it up as you go along then declare it worthy of respect?

kind shish you hear from Ibrox. respect is sorely lacking towards the rangers. aye coz rangers are dead and your making up a load a tosh, then demanding it be believed.

TET, The book has the same title of the Documentary, its by Joseph Atwill. Now before you go all hysterical, its a theory, and if you have an open mind its quite plausible and raises some serious questions. You don't HAVE to read or watch it, no one telling you what to believe.

TET, The book has the same title of the Documentary, its by Joseph Atwill. Now before you go all hysterical, its a theory, and if you have an open mind its quite plausible and raises some serious questions. You don't HAVE to read or watch it, no one telling you what to believe.

your telling me its plausible?

Which bits are plausible?
Rangers fans believe sevco is rangers, is that plausible?

Does it have legal authoritative backing?
Im interested in serious debate

about genuine church attacks based on real research. The opening thread is by a known nugget, do you concur with tt that church is evil?

is that the point about the hour and half video?

why have you offered it for viewing?

to help promote absolutely whataboutery from the bizarre sources of whatever you like is Goode nough for me variety?

If its theory, what's the dudes motivation?
his opening reasoning is just bunkum?
why would anyone spend 2 hours watching some dude with theory about something that plainly untrue.

Rome the republic has sack all to do with the Catholic Church. zip. Christianity is easy to research. this dude is basing a theory on a non existent historical connection. yet you find it plausible.

its like creating a theory about the man in the moon being connected to Jehovahs witnesses and why the man in the moon invented the mormons.

its never been historically linked has touch of fantasy, isn't a question that people were hoping could be answered yet somehow its a plausible theory and worthy of respect?

I'm not arguing with you TET, if you watch the whole Documentary it concludes that Christianity on the whole has been good for mankind. There are many contributors to the program, all are well respected authors and theologians, they all conclude pretty much the same thing, they have done a lot of research into ancient writings and texts, a lot more then you or I.

If you havea problem with Christianity take it up somewhere else. In case you hadn't noticed this is a Glasgow Celtic football forum that deals with things Celtic. There are Catholics, protestants, Muslims, Hindus , Sikhs and all manner of different types of backgrounds that make up the worldwide Celtic supporters family. All youve done Thai tim is shown yourself to be bigoted against catholisism. I have no time for bigotry of any kind. Will you be posting similar shite at Eid? Could I suggest that you take your head for a good shit come back and remember that this is a fitba forum or is that asking too much of a bigot?

Back