A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

See that Southampton have been outbid for Lorients Terem Moffi by Nice.

Lorient are still wanting more than the €18 million bid by Nice but last week the rumours were that soton were after him and should it not happen then they might turn their attention to our Daizen Maeda.

Hopefully this wont be the case , hes a really important player for us and I hope he will want the chance of champions league games and trophies over a relegation battle for another few seasons at least 🤞🏻

Nice submit €18m offer for Lorient’s Terem Moffi via @OneFootball.

Spurs fans are not on board with the potential Qatari buy out of the club.

Screenshot_20230114-121935_OneFootball.jpg

Not many supporters in this photie but from what I've read it appears there is many of the fan base against it.

Whether or not ' many' is enough is a matter for debate, I hope that the fans win out on this but not holding my breath

Spurs fans are not on board with the potential Qatari buy out of the club.

View attachment 21568

Not many supporters in this photie but from what I've read it appears there is many of the fan base against it.

Whether or not ' many' is enough is a matter for debate, I hope that the fans win out on this but not holding my breath
Spurs is an unexpected club for Arabs to buy up, due to their fairly strong Jewish links. But I can see the attraction for both parties.

Like every other club that gets bought out like this, once they get over the initial grumblings and start buying success then the vast majority of the fanbase won't care about the source of their income and will glory in winning trophies or just constantly reaching the Champions League most seasons.

Celtic havevone of the most politicised fanbase of large clubs anywhere, but I suspect if we were bought by one of these trust funds that (after lots of protests, etc) most fans would love being able to financially compete with clubs from the big/rich leagues.

Is there really much difference in being owned by that type of entity or a billionaire like DD who has earned his money using morally dubious - but legal - means? Except of course, they would pump money into us rather than observe us from a distance as a wee curiosity in his massive portfolio.

Spurs is an unexpected club for Arabs to buy up, due to their fairly strong Jewish links. But I can see the attraction for both parties.

Like every other club that gets bought out like this, once they get over the initial grumblings and start buying success then the vast majority of the fanbase won't care about the source of their income and will glory in winning trophies or just constantly reaching the Champions League most seasons.

Celtic havevone of the most politicised fanbase of large clubs anywhere, but I suspect if we were bought by one of these trust funds that (after lots of protests, etc) most fans would love being able to financially compete with clubs from the big/rich leagues.

Is there really much difference in being owned by that type of entity or a billionaire like DD who has earned his money using morally dubious - but legal - means? Except of course, they would pump money into us rather than observe us from a distance as a wee curiosity in his massive portfolio.
That's probably true, fans will get on with it, eventually.
Think this is more about Daniel Levvy wanting to line his pockets than what's best for spurs.

Spurs fans have always ' lorded it' over the Manchester club's, Chelsea and others who have ' sold their soul' so to speak and even proud of it, though how much of their pride is through tinted glasses ?

The ' Tottenham Hotspur Stadium ' was named as such with the intention of renaming the stadium to the highest bidder.
Google being the most recent favourite candidates for acquiring those rights.

I do think theres a difference though between a billionaire like DD having control of a club compared to a ' state owned ' club like Newcastle ( Saudi) or if it happens Spurs ( Qatari).

That's almost unlimited funds and almost impossible to ' oust' these owners compared with a businessman or business group, not that it's easy to oust them either.

When states start taking control of football clubs as their own playthings like Newcastle we are beginning to look at national rivalry ( Saudi v Qatar etc) rather than Newcastle v Spurs and supporters have less and less say in how their clubs are run, if any more than token gestures.

Once a rich nation like these are interested then its going to be incredibly difficult to stop them.
It would take unprecedented supporter boycotting to have realistically any chance of stopping such a deal.
The amount of money involved is unbelievable and Levy's unlikely to let supporters get in the way of life changing money even for him.

Another indicator of how the peoples game is being stolen from them.

They could play the long game and hope for the next generation of supporters to just ' be used to it ' but it does look like more and more clubs are going to be owned by naton states these days or national corporations rather than mega rich individuals like Abramovich and to a lesser extent Dermot Desmond

The offside rule is farcical. In the Manchester derby a through ball is played to Rashford who was 3-4 yards offside. He is running through on goal with the ball (clearly interfering with play) but before he touches the ball Fernandes runs in and shoots first. The goal was disallowed but then the ref and linesman consultband the goal stands. And the BT ex-ref insists this is correct under the new law. How can you defend against this?

The offside rule is farcical. In the Manchester derby a through ball is played to Rashford who was 3-4 yards offside. He is running through on goal with the ball (clearly interfering with play) but before he touches the ball Fernandes runs in and shoots first. The goal was disallowed but then the ref and linesman consultband the goal stands. And the BT ex-ref insists this is correct under the new law. How can you defend against this?

Rashford clearly interfered with play with his run and blocked the path of the City defender.

Was a ridiculous decision, how is he not interfering with play? Hes preventing city defenders from making a challenge.
Unbelievable, but.......
Not complaining about it too much cos...

Screenshot_20230114-143159_Paddy Power.jpg

Paddy gave a free bet builder and I'm up 60 quid.
Oh , I mean 6 quid 🤪
Ahll take it , free money 🤑

Rashford clearly interfered with play with his run and blocked the path of the City defender.
According to Rio Ferdinand Rashford did not interfere with the defender. If he wasn't there then the defender had a clear run to get to the ball - but if he had tried that then he would have clattered into Rashford with a red card and dangerous free kick on the edge of the box.

I understand this is the correct decision according to the rules (although I would insist he waa 100% interfering) but what fucktard decided to change the laws to allow this type of unfair goal to stand? Even if this hosl was in our favour then I'd agree that it is not fair.

Ah well, I was hoping both sides would lose as I am not a fan of either. 😁

According to Rio Ferdinand Rashford did not interfere with the defender. If he wasn't there then the defender had a clear run to get to the ball - but if he had tried that then he would have clattered into Rashford with a red card and dangerous free kick on the edge of the box.

I understand this is the correct decision according to the rules (although I would insist he waa 100% interfering) but what fucktard decided to change the laws to allow this type of unfair goal to stand? Even if this hosl was in our favour then I'd agree that it is not fair.

Ah well, I was hoping both sides would lose as I am not a fan of either. 😁
We better not be subject to this nonsense, if England cant get it right after the time theyve had what chance Scotland?
Zero

Aye the offside rule used to be so easy even the wife understood them 🤣now its easier to understand a knitting pattern

VAR did not even get involved! The onfield referees decided this and apparently they are 100% correct in their decision. It is the changed law that is an arse.
Think I jinxed us? Nah I know, or I knew aforehand in my head that would happen and was right.
Next time I will keep it to myself though it's unlikely to make any difference.

We must score at least twice to put it beyond doubt and the same for the final which will be against sevco no doubt, rules on offside changed then without anyone being informed it seems.

Came across this Vid on Youtube, never heard of this team, well why would you. This guy makes some interesting vids though, he covers a lot of lower league Scottish games.

I have watched some of his stuff and all his videos are good . If memory serves me right I'm sure Jim Craig opened their stand or club house in the above video , theirs a Good one of his against Hibs at Easter Road 0-4 where he goes to a memorabilia shop next to /near the stadium .

How about We buy Cleator Moor Celtic. We build a new Stadium, work our way up the English leagues, within 10 years we're in the EPL rolling in fithy cash and and sticking 2 fingers up at the SFA and LRA and theRangers as without us they've only distant memories of playing us to sing their hate filled songs.

Members online

Latest posts

Back