A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

Well done Reo!!
FqSyoo7WcAEa0Uo-702x459.jpeg

No match thread up yet so posting here.

Still buzzing full tilt on the back of our beautiful Sunday cup final victory, I haven't come down and I've really enjoyed the week that's followed it.

Attention now turns to St Mirren and I'm curious to see if we will or will not play in the nasty 3rd kit again in Paisley.

I've a wee feeling that we might well see that kit used again as Ange might want to dispel any notions of 'it was the 3rd kit that day, colour clash etc' , and it probably did play a small part but Ange being Ange is unlikely to buy into that I'd have thought.

St Mirren were better on the day last time out in Paisley , the only game that's happened against anyone regardless of which colour's we wore.

Saints are 5th in the home table, 5th overall and have had a decent season for them so far it is likely to be another tough game.
I don't like Robinson but can see he's doing a decent job at saints.

At CP they were in that game until the latter stages where they fell apart and we " broke them open" .

I'll be happy with the 3pts and Ange is always quick to make sure any revenge mission talk is put to bed.

I expect VAR to make a return to proceedings having had to sit out the big match due to the audience having more outside interest than usual.

1-3 Celtic to be chomping at the bit to right a wrong .

The game after a derby game is always one to be cautious of, especially after such a high…..we need to quickly move on from it and be right up for it right from the start.

I wonder if Ange will rotate things and possibly start Ralston, O’Reilly and Hazza…..we’ll see soon enough…..a win is all that matters…

The game after a derby game is always one to be cautious of, especially after such a high…..we need to quickly move on from it and be right up for it right from the start.

I wonder if Ange will rotate things and possibly start Ralston, O’Reilly and Hazza…..we’ll see soon enough…..a win is all that matters…
They have some real thugs in their squad, Gogic for one, who likes to leave the boot in, so I expect the MIBs to have their blinders on when it comes to St Midden's tactics
Good call for getting Tony Ralston and Hacksaw in for this game
Although it's tough switching out guys ,who have been on fire these past few weeks
3-1 to the Hoops, cos there's usually an 'honest mistake' going against us in these games
Tony Watt in their squad will be up for this game, as usual, he's a tricky player who is always buzzing about
We have enough to give them a going over with Kyogo, Daizen, Jota, Abada, and Oh
Take care of the midfield, and over run them from the 'off'

COYBIG

United signing Jim Goodwin seems like a pretty negative or cash strapped appointment.

He did well for St Mirren, not sure if it's the decent squad there or not as Robinson doing well with the same players, but awful for Aberdeen.

So called new firm is as dead as the old when one is hiring the others reject.

I'm tuned intae Clyde's scoreboard again and deludamol is still prevalent.

Caller says the gaps not much we didn't thump them by 3 goals etc.

Which is delusional, we weren't at our best but we were good enough and 9 going 10pts clear.

I'm happy for them to think its not that much of a gap.

St Johnstone can claim the same in a one off tie at Hampden but come the end of the season I think it'll be double figures and hopefully the treble and they'll still say " there's no much of a gap"

Been following French Eddys Crystal Palace career with interest since he went there and must say I still think he couldve chosen ( perhaps) a club that play to his strengths , more attack minded.

No disrespect to Palace but a team who play or try to play more like Celtic in attack or France u21s, I know that's a tall order to find another club or team like either.

Seeing Eddy at Palace and it just doesn't look like a good match, Eddy was never great at tracking back more than 15 metres and his team mates at Celtic picked up his slack.
That's not happening at Palace.

He us the type of player we saw who needs a run in the team before we see the best of him and 11 goals in 55 appearances whilst not scintillating is actually not bad given how stop start his appearances have been.

3 goals 2 assists this season again not great but he's only second to Zaha who is only at 6 goals 2 assists himself.

Noticed that Eduouard is taking the flak at the moment from Viera but I don't think it's completely warranted.

One week he's the main striker the next he's playing just behind the main striker the next he's dropped to the bench.

Disappointing for the big man but he didn't have to go to Palace.

There's no denying his ability to put the ball in the net, that's almost a given its his tracking back and that side of his game was neglected somewhat at Celtic as long as he scored then others would do that job.

Course he wouldn't get a game for Celtic now, I'm certain of that, not under the Postecoglou system where everyone ' must' defend and win the ball back instantly, no half hearted harrying its everything everytime or nothing.

All that said , I still think he's being thrown under the bus somewhat when it's not just down to Edouard.

Palace have a habit of turning up for the big name games and fluffing their lines in the games against their direct opponents.

Palace, in recent weeks have drawn with Man Utd, Newcastle, Brighton, Brentford and Liverpool yet also lost to Aston Villa and Forest.

There seems to be a good squad of players there and a good up and coming manager in Viera but there's no consistency and no point in getting credible draws against the top sides if they are going to lose all 3 pts to lower and equal standing sides.

Viera should be " taking responsibility for that" slippy G style instead of throwing his highly rated young French striker under the bus ( also slippy G style).

Not sure Viera knows his best side or how to deploy it when he does.
The results against the better sides show they can do it but he has to get that out them against the Forests and Villas as well.

Crystal Palace: 'Time to move on' for £14m star at Selhurst Park via @OneFootball.

Sorry, I went off range there
Crystal Palace ffs?

Ehm....aye, well ....rant over?
Coat !! 🧥

Last edited:
This ongoing ( likely legal) situation the rainjurs are facing over the Sydney Cup non appearance is a fascinating one.

I find it hard to believe the organisers would be open to cancellation at such short notice upon whether or not the tribute act won the SPFL title.

Gibsons big licks of Bisgrove " playing a blinder" whilst at the same time losing £3 million worth of income and leaving the club open to breach of contract in bad faith, gives the impression of another dose of deludamol coming the way of the hoardes in short time.

So many different fronts the rainjurs are collecting a worse bad name than they already have.

They are a club who dont pay the taxman, they dont pay clubs theyve loaned players from ( bye Sands.👋)
Of course even the face painter isn't exempt from this behaviour.

Clubs and business around the world will be watching the rainjurs closely I'd have thought.

It's well known they are not a respectable business and they need good players to challenge for honours against a dynamic, successful and relentless Celtic.

If they're breaking multi million pound contracts like the Sydney Cup, the Cinch deal, not paying taxes and require watching there, not paying clubs for the use of their players, it's so far out its embarrassing, the same club as the most successful klub in the wuruld ever! ( Al Ahly who?
🤫 shhh).

I think a certain klub might find that other clubs and businesses don't like getting messed around and all this will come back to roost and cost them dearly in the long run.

Why would any professional club run by professional business want to deal with this ginger bottle collecting rag-tag bunch of self important- skint amateurs?

Revealed – Celtic Title Triumph real reason Rangers didn’t play In Sydney Super Cup via @OneFootball.

Last edited:
This ongoing ( likely legal) situation the rainjurs are facing over the Sydney Cup non appearance is a fascinating one.

I find it hard to believe the organisers would be open to cancellation at such short notice upon whether or not the tribute act won the SPFL title.

Gibsons big licks of Bisgrove " playing a blinder" whilst at the same time losing £3 million worth of income and leaving the club open to breach of contract in bad faith, gives the impression of another dose of deludamol coming the way of the hoardes in short time.

So many different fronts the rainjurs are collecting a worse bad name than they already have.

They are a club who dont pay the taxman, they dont pay clubs theyve loaned players from ( bye Sands.👋)
Of course even the face painter isn't exempt from this behaviour.

Clubs and business around the world will be watching the rainjurs closely I'd have thought.

It's well known they are not a respectable business and they need good players to challenge for honours against a dynamic, successful and relentless Celtic.

If they're breaking multi million pound contracts like the Sydney Cup, the Cinch deal, not paying taxes and require watching there, not paying clubs for the use of their players, it's so far out its embarrassing, the same club as the most successful klub in the wuruld ever! ( Al Ahly who?
🤫 shhh).

I think a certain klub might find that other clubs and businesses don't like getting messed around and all this will come back to roost and cost them dearly in the long run.

Why would any professional club run by professional business want to deal with this ginger bottle collecting rag-tag bunch of self important- skint amateurs?

Revealed – Celtic Title Triumph real reason Rangers didn’t play In Sydney Super Cup via @OneFootball.

They lost out on much needed money by walking away. They will probably lose more money for breach of contract. But more importantly, which promoters are going to book them in the future for lucrative appearance money if they will simply take the huff and refuse to turn up AFTER tickets have gone on sale? All because the Klan could not bear the thought that Ange and Celtic were the real draw in Australia! They cut off their own nose to spite their face and will be dealing with the consequences for years to come.

The only clown at Ibrokes that ever plays a "blinder" is the idiot that designs their Tifos.

Last edited:
They lost out on much needed money but walking away. They will probably lose more money for breach of contract. But more importantly, which promoters are going to book them in the future for lucrative appearance money if they will simply take the huff and refuse to turn up AFTER tickets have gone on sale? All because the Klan could not bear the thought that Ange and Celtic were the real draw in Australia! They cut off their own nose to spite their face and will be dealing with the consequences for years to come.

The only clown at Ibrokes that ever plays a "blinder" is the idiot that designs their Tifos.
This ' walking away ' they do so well, were that Celtic who chose to walk away it would be front and back page news every day of the week.

The SFAs non - interference policy might at first look give them some false sense of security but thats all it is , in the long run the type of ' business' that they are practising is the type that leads businesses into an early grave, second one.

The way they've conducted themselves with the Sydney Cup organisers and Cinch, two businesses willing to put ample funding into a club that desperately requires it, yet they've been treated with complete disdain both.

The sevco board were right about " should be a better deal" from Cinch everyone knows this but you don't get better deals by reneging on current ones and how Gibson can praise the actions of Bisgrove where he and the board are basically giving the finger to both Sydney and Cinch.

SFA should and do I'd think have business practices?
The fit and proper nonsense rule surely requires said fit and proper parties to act in a fit and proper manner?

This has all the hallmarks of giving them just enough rope ...again.

Any business that may be looking or is being lined up as a potential investor in the Scottish game or that club would have to be wary of dealings with them.

Gibsons comments are playing to the gallery whilst at the same time pulling out the deludamol for a hefty dose.

Watching again Ange's celebrations after the full time whistle at Hampden in front of and with the supporters.

His " totally smashed it " gestures was fantastic to see, the emotion he let rip there was palpable it meant everything to him to be better than them, to beat them and lift the cup in front of that awesome support. 💪

Our joy was special anyway and Ange , being the man of integrity he is, has always maintained that as much as he loves being manager of this football club, getting it, bought 100% into it , fully invested in it and winning here , he will never try to fool anyone or embarrass himself by saying that his love for rhe club runs as deep as than the lifelong supporters, playing to the gallery not for him, (paraphrasing but his words to effect)

Of course how could it be?
We have been invested since a young age many of us and Ange didn't grow up a Celtic supporter.
Not that all do that's not what I mean just that hes only come along recently and wasnt invested, until he walked in the door, its the ilk of man.

This kind of honesty and integrity just endears him even more to us.

Thinking about this Angeball Celtic and comparing them ( not fair I know but interesting sometimes) to Rodgers invincibles I'd always seen it too close to call and Rodgers didn't have the option of 5 subs impacting the game but this bench is as effective as the starting XI I'm on the Angeball Celtic side to win that now.

What he said here of the St Mirren game afterwards is a perfect example of why I think his Celtic would win,

Screenshot_20230307_112546_OneFootball.jpg

I've heard similar in the past from Rodgers when he was here but come the end of a game Celtic were cruising 3-0 at half time there were many games I recall that the pace slowed and we saw the game out comfortable winners never in any trouble, a training session to warm down why not.....no!

That's the difference there this team are on it from the first whistle to the last hungry and BR might have had no choice but to conserve his players but I can only judge on what I see in front of me and that's the most exciting dynamic Celtic side I think I've seen since the Martin O'Neill and Gordon Strachan era's.

That's really exciting because I honestly think overall Anges Celtic is better equipped than MON or WGS side.

Just get that Celtic sensation that makes your head tingle down the back when I think forward about this Celtic sides possibilities and potential.

The way we are destroying everyone right now is incredible because I'm trying to remember the last time we were firing on all scintillating Celtic cylinders.

When that does happen, just like under MON and WGS Celtic everyone better watch our we're more than capable.

Ange really does feel like he's here for a 5 year stint 🤞 I know I shouldn't let myself think like that, I'm emotionally scarred from the BR episode but again I can only judge on whats in front of me and that all points to Ange finishing his project here, he really is living the dream, the difference this time is I can physically see our manager is living the dream and loving every minute he's blown away by this club and its supporters.

That's in contrast to when our former manager was telling the world he was living the dream, which for a while I'm sure he did but Ange is a doer, he doesn't do the cheap talk and neither do his players.

A man of integrity , " you'll be surprised how long I'm here for" , the super classy email we all recieved after we won the cup it really feels like Ange Postecoglou was born to lead Celtic.

The board may have fallen and landed on their feet with him but they deserve credit for backing his vision , he isn't costing the club he's earning for the club in the market.

He has shaken this club in a great way and awoken our true ambition which has always been attainable,
make an impact on the European stage where we belong.

The board believe in him , I believe in him, we all truly believe in Ange Postecoglou.

Something special is coming I can feel it in my green and white bones.

As Celtic supporters we have an uncanny knack of sensing something good is going to happen.

Cmon the Hoops HH 🍀

Last edited:
Watching again Ange's celebrations after the full time whistle at Hampden in front of and with the supporters.

His " totally smashed it " gestures was fantastic to see, the emotion he let rip there was palpable it meant everything to him to be better than them, to beat them and lift the cup in front of that awesome support. 💪

Our joy was special anyway and Ange , being the man of integrity he is, has always maintained that as much as he loves being manager of this football club, getting it, bought 100% into it , fully invested in it and winning here , he will never try to fool anyone or embarrass himself by saying that his love for rhe club runs as deep as than the lifelong supporters, playing to the gallery not for him, (paraphrasing but his words to effect)

Of course how could it be?
We have been invested since a young age many of us and Ange didn't grow up a Celtic supporter.
Not that all do that's not what I mean just that hes only come along recently and wasnt invested, until he walked in the door, its the ilk of man.

This kind of honesty and integrity just endears him even more to us.

Thinking about this Angeball Celtic and comparing them ( not fair I know but interesting sometimes) to Rodgers invincibles I'd always seen it too close to call and Rodgers didn't have the option of 5 subs impacting the game but this bench is as effective as the starting XI I'm on the Angeball Celtic to win that now.

What he said here of the St Mirren game afterwards is a perfect example of why I think his Celtic would win,

View attachment 22068

I've heard similar in the past from Rodgers when he was here but come the end of a game Celtic were cruising 3-0 at half time there were many games I recall that the pace slowed and we saw the game out comfortable winners never in any trouble, a training session to warm down why not.....no!

That's the difference there this team are on it from the first whistle to the last hungry and BR might have had no choice but to conserve his players but I can only judge on what I see in front of me and that's the most exciting dynamic Celtic side I think I've seen since the Martin O'Neill era and Gordon Strachan era's.

That's really exciting because I honestly think overall Anges Celtic is better equipped than MON or WGS side.

Just get that Celtic sensation that makes your head tingle down the back when I think forward about this Celtic sides possibilities and potential.

The way we are destroying everyone right now is incredible because I'm trying to remember the last time we were firing on all scintillating Celtic cylinders.

When that does happen, just like under MON and WGS Celtic everyone better watch our we're more than capable.

Ange really does feel like he's here for a 5 year stint 🤞 I know I shouldn't let myself think like that, I'm emotionally scarred from the BR episode but again I can only judge on whats in front of me and that all points to Ange finishing his project here, he really is living the dream, the difference this time is I can physically see our manager is living the dream and loving every minute he's blown away by this club and its supporters.

That's in contrast to when our former manager was telling the world he was living the dream, which for a while I'm sure he did but Ange is a doer, he doesn't do the cheap talk and neither do his players.

A man of integrity , " you'll be surprised how long I'm here for" , the super classy email we all recieved after we won the cup it really feels like Ange Postecoglou was born to lead Celtic.

The board may have fallen and landed on their feet with him but they deserve credit for backing his vision , he isn't costing the club he's earning for the club in the market.

He has shaken this club in a great way and awoken our true ambition which has always been attainable,
make an impact on the European stage where we belong.

The board believe in him , I believe in him, we all truly believe in Ange Postecoglou.

Something special is coming I can feel it in my green and white bones.

As Celtic supporters we have an uncanny knack of sensing something good is going to happen.

Cmon the Hoops HH 🍀

Ange gets us…..and we get him.

All Hail! the Athenian Fenian…

Came across an interesting page on the Celtic-wiki there, Celtic managers transfers in ( only).

Is a fascinating read showing all transfers in for each Celtic manager.

Can see the biscuit tin mentality in the late 80s early 90s where Hay, McNeil, Brady and Macari were really up against it.

There's the alarming pattern of loanee players and frees that Rodgers had to work with and in Lenny's second spell its clear (looking back with hindsight) enough to see the board tried to act post Rodgers but the horse had bolted and the scouting quality was dire some very poor signings and the club took a hit.

Ajeti, Bolingoli, Klimala, Soro and Barkas costing £17 million in transfer fees alone.

From this it looks like the board backed the manager but it was too late .

It interested me because my brother asked me day of the final if Calmac , Forrest and Turnbull were the only ones Ange didn't sign.

We added Bain, Ralston andTaylor to those as guys who have a chance of matchday selection and weren't signed by Ange.

Not many at all, it's an unbelievable turnaround when you see it in black and white and to be a successful double winning turnaround twice is so sweet, we were going to be in the shadows for 5 years I remember hearing , and fearing at times if I'm honest.

Back