A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

Mon the Rovers. Ma hame toon. If they get intae the SPL I'll see the Celtic when they come tae Kirkcaldy. The last time I seen Celtic at Starks Park, I was still a bairn, and Tam Gemmell scored a belter.

I think all 4 of those sides should be in a bigger top division without making it any weaker. But not keen on getting Raith's 4G plastic pitch in the top league. But if they prepare it properly before the matches then that isn't as bad Livi's pile of shite that they deliberately don't prep right before each half.

I think all 4 of those sides should be in a bigger top division without making it any weaker. But not keen on getting Raith's 4G plastic pitch in the top league. But if they prepare it properly before the matches then that isn't as bad Livi's pile of shite that they deliberately don't prep right before each half.
Bridie, surfaces aside our top league should include the top 16/18 teams 💯

Mon the Rovers. Ma hame toon. If they get intae the SPL I'll see the Celtic when they come tae Kirkcaldy. The last time I seen Celtic at Starks Park, I was still a bairn, and Tam Gemmell scored a belter.

When I was young I read the Broons, haven't seen that word bairn for years, weird how certain words can flood back obscure memories.

I went to a game when clydebank were still a team. Clydebank v Raith Rovers, think its only time I seen them in flesh RR that is, and Danny McGrain must been manager or scout or something cause he was going to game. A bunch of wee neds shouted hey you, are you Danny Mcgrain? reply was naw, wee neds started lobbing bricks at him shouting your a effing liar.

I had buzz seeing Mcrain that close cause he must have no long retired. Im guessing clydebank are a hun leaning side.

Was great game. Standard of football from both sides was pretty decent. I was impressed by the accuracy of wing to wing passes and accuracy of long shots from both sides.

Couldnt tell you the name of any of players though. Never went back to Clydebank after that game. im sure RR won 2 nil.

Bridie, surfaces aside our top league should include the top 16/18 teams 💯
I suspect the greedy chairman as well as sky want 4 games against Celtic every year.

I dont really see much difference between lower half of Spl and most of championship sides.

I think it would give every other team much better chances to blood younger scottish players as well as giving bigger clubs hope of winning league occassionally especially if they manage wins more home games.

I think the league know this

But its no really sport anymore

its just money.

But maybe now clubs are reducing away capacity for bigger clubs, maybe they are likely to vote a different way these days if given the vote to expand top league. I think 18 team league would be a much better sporting event.

celtic v crypt keepers twice a season in league would make those games more important too.

But i think sky will dictate terms despite paying pittance for the demands

Starks Park - - - the only ground in Scotland I've been thrown out of... Twice in the one game.. 👀..... Went through without a ticket once and got one for the Raith end in a wee pub near the ground..

So as usual went up late and stood beside a few fellow Tims...and right away Nicolas scored and some wee grassing fifer went to the cops.. Marched us round the track and threw us out the front door..... Back to the the pub for a few more then decided to go back up with 15 mins to go and sneaked in the exit door got the top of the stairs and the same cop who had thrown me out earlier spotted me and tossed me out again the bassa.... Turns it he recognised my bright pink jumper... Doh...

Last edited:
I suspect the greedy chairman as well as sky want 4 games against Celtic every year.

I dont really see much difference between lower half of Spl and most of championship sides.

I think it would give every other team much better chances to blood younger scottish players as well as giving bigger clubs hope of winning league occassionally especially if they manage wins more home games.

I think the league know this

But its no really sport anymore

its just money.

But maybe now clubs are reducing away capacity for bigger clubs, maybe they are likely to vote a different way these days if given the vote to expand top league. I think 18 team league would be a much better sporting event.

celtic v crypt keepers twice a season in league would make those games more important too.

But i think sky will dictate terms despite paying pittance for the demands
Agreed TT. Playing a bigger variety of teams should mean more experience of different systems too. Helping with overall development of the young players and all players in the league.

I think 18 is mibbee 2 too many , 16 would suffice for me and the championship play offs have to be looked at again far too many games for the championship play off side while 2nd bottom of spfl play 2.
I would ditch the play offs mate. Bigger premier league could accommodate 3up 3down each season keeping it interesting. Maybe 3-6 in championship play off for 1 promotion spot.

I think 18 is mibbee 2 too many , 16 would suffice for me and the championship play offs have to be looked at again far too many games for the championship play off side while 2nd bottom of spfl play 2.
I'd prefer 16 teams, which knocks off 8 matches a season. This gets rid of most of these horrible midweek league matches which are a pain in the arse. But Gary67 keeps reminding me that clubs want the extra games, so maybe do something for teams that never qualified for Europe to compensate?

To keep Sky TV sweet, in order to guarantee extra "OF" (RIP) matches then propose a festival of fitba for the festive period. Celtic & sevco can play each other alternative years at home in a Glasgow derby cup. Also play Edinburgh, Dundee, Highlands, Ayrshire, Fife (Dunfermline v Raith), St Mirren v Morton, etc, etc, derby matches. You could chuck in "all star" select matches too: Highland League v Lowland League, too. Be imaginative - it draws local interest so big crowds, and guarantees derby games when local rivals are in different leagues, which would make up for 1 less OF derby each season.

Also, make the League Cup for younger players - e.g. an U25 tournament, to help develop youth in our domestic game.

Last edited:
Aboot time....Get them aw banned

It is fecking disgusting. There is none of that shite up here in this area and no need to introduce it either. They tried having them in Forfar about 20 years ago - there was a huge outcry by the vast majority of locals. The OO kept appealing and losing, then finally an appeal was heard by a West Coast judge who allowed it and ruled there was no right of appeal against his decision!!! 🤬

It was held on a Sunday - immediately after a Celtic v Deadco derby match, of all days. The bussed in OO Neanderthals got plenty abuse from the locals. It was not a success and fizzled out after a year or two.

But at a time when marches of hate should be getting banned in a civilised society, these cunts are trying to force this vile shite down the throats of new communities that do not want it.

It is fecking disgusting. There is none of that shite up here in this area and no need to introduce it either. They tried having them in Forfar about 20 years ago - there was a huge outcry by the vast majority of locals. The OO kept appealing and losing, then finally an appeal was heard by a West Coast judge who allowed it and ruled there was no right of appeal against his decision!!! 🤬

It was held on a Sunday - immediately after a Celtic v Deadco derby match, of all days. The bussed in OO Neanderthals got plenty abuse from the locals. It was not a success and fizzled out after a year or two.

But at a time when marches of hate should be getting banned in a civilised society, these cunts are trying to force this vile shite down the throats of new communities that do not want it.
The march of hatred should be banned in any modern society. It's archaic, bigoted and of very little relevance to most people and a lot of the peepul who don't even know why they march.

Oh, and they're ugly fuckers too and will frighten the weans and the horses. 😆

Celtic fan winding up the mutants, listen to the 'public servant' asking if he's "trying to come the cunt..." Obviously one of Glesga's finest Billy Boys, fuck him, them, and anyone who looks like them...oh, and the big white steed they rode in on..."You're a public servant..." Ha Ha Ha...well done that Rebel

Last edited:
When I was young I read the Broons, haven't seen that word bairn for years, weird how certain words can flood back obscure memories.

When I was 13/14 My mate had Glaswegian neighbours. I Couldna figure oot how the youngest “bairn” always got “The” in front o his name. Everybody else was Steve or Michael but he was “The Wayne”. It took me years to work oot they were saying “wean” and not “Wayne”. Wean is a word that is not used at all here.
I had forgotten all about that until I read your post!!

When I was 13/14 My mate had Glaswegian neighbours. I Couldna figure oot how the youngest “bairn” always got “The” in front o his name. Everybody else was Steve or Michael but he was “The Wayne”. It took me years to work oot they were saying “wean” and not “Wayne”. Wean is a word that is not used at all here.
I had forgotten all about that until I read your post!!
Wonder if those slang words are linked in some weird way of pronunciation

b v w are similar sounding consonants in lot of cultures especially germanic languages from scandivania Angles and viking days

Wairn could sound like wean
Bairn sounds like wairn
B and v and w often sound other way round depending on the cultural leaning of certain languages.

wolksvagon v volkswagon pronunciation

I think the east coast was invaded by different type of scandinavian culture in comparison to west coast viking invaders.

Probably way of the mark

But some languages even today with the letters of Bairns might actually be pronounced Wairns lmao

Members online

Latest posts

Back