A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

Watched Bournemouth v Man City this morning
A game of two halves
City dominated first half and Bournemouth came out fighting in the second
Christie had a great game in midfield set up a lot of chances and cracked a few shots on goal instead of row Z
I liked him in the hoops and it’s good to see our former Bhoys doing well in England as Scottish fitba gets slagged for being shite
Which it is by the way
HH
He'll always be a row Z player if he stayed at Celtic. I wish him all the best and same goes for Mickey.

30 years ago today, one of the biggest days in the unbroken history of Celtic Football Club. The rhebels won. The club was saved. The club paid all of their bills. The club went on to eventually dominate Scottish fitba. Thank you to the Bunnet and all of the rest of the Celts who fought to save our club. 🍀

30 years ago today, one of the biggest days in the unbroken history of Celtic Football Club. The rhebels won. The club was saved. The club paid all of their bills. The club went on to eventually dominate Scottish fitba. Thank you to the Bunnet and all of the rest of the Celts who fought to save our club. 🍀

Well said B B, what stuck with me was that wee Fergus had to pay off the White’s and Grants etc, who would do nothing to stop the Club from going under. Now, the rumour is that the present Board want to sell the Club.

Well said B B, what stuck with me was that wee Fergus had to pay off the White’s and Grants etc, who would do nothing to stop the Club from going under. Now, the rumour is that the present Board want to sell the Club.
Really mate? This rumours a new one on me. I've said it before on here that one of the saddest moments as a Celtic fan for me Was Fergus getting booed on flag day ,couldn't believe my ears , here's a guy who comes in from the other side of the pond and saves one of the worlds most iconic clubs , go to any continent and a football fan will identify the hoops, a club which would not be in existence weren't not for him ( and notable others not to be forgotten).
This has been a concern of mine for years DD getting older and if he sells its likely going to be foreign /Asian perhaps buyers.
Which worries me as much as I don't like our board and their secretive operations or lack of

Really mate? This rumours a new one on me. I've said it before on here that one of the saddest moments as a Celtic fan for me Was Fergus getting booed on flag day ,couldn't believe my ears , here's a guy who comes in from the other side of the pond and saves one of the worlds most iconic clubs , go to any continent and a football fan will identify the hoops, a club which would not be in existence weren't not for him ( and notable others not to be forgotten).
This has been a concern of mine for years DD getting older and if he sells its likely going to be foreign /Asian perhaps buyers.
Which worries me as much as I don't like our board and their secretive operations or lack of
Winter, it was shameful but it was also different times back then. There was no social media (except what passed for gossip back then in a drunken haze in the pub) so all fans had to go on was what the very biased mainstream media crap spouted. They all knew that Fergus spelt trouble to their beloved Rangers and so they systematically tried to destroy McCann's reputation on an almost daily basis. They published or broadcast negative stories about him or the club trying to turn the fans against him. If there was nothing negative then they stirred things up with player's agents to see if they could invent something.

Possibly the only real alternative was fanzines like Not The View, which were not really geared towards siding with the Board either. So after years of being bombarded with such negativity, some people who wrongly believed that Fergus was indeed tight-fisted and holding us back by not throwing £millions to mercenaries such as the 3 Amigos, thought it right that they boo Fergus.

It is not something I would ever have done but there was a wee bit of understanding as to why they did it. I'm sure 99%+ of those that did boo that day will feel ashamed about it now.

Winter, it was shameful but it was also different times back then. There was no social media (except what passed for gossip back then in a drunken haze in the pub) so all fans had to go on was what the very biased mainstream media crap spouted. They all knew that Fergus spelt trouble to their beloved Rangers and so they systematically tried to destroy McCann's reputation on an almost daily basis. They published or broadcast negative stories about him or the club trying to turn the fans against him. If there was nothing negative then they stirred things up with player's agents to see if they could invent something.

Possibly the only real alternative was fanzines like Not The View, which were not really geared towards siding with the Board either. So after years of being bombarded with such negativity, some people who wrongly believed that Fergus was indeed tight-fisted and holding us back by not throwing £millions to mercenaries such as the 3 Amigos, thought it right that they boo Fergus.

It is not something I would ever have done but there was a wee bit of understanding as to why they did it. I'm sure 99%+ of those that did boo that day will feel ashamed about it now.
That's true we were fed bs but we still are today all the same. Hindsight is s wonderful ability if it can be used beforehand , I was just meaning, sure he wasn't a football CEO, chairman whatever, he made himself one to save the club he loved.
Made many mistakes like appointing jock brown etc but those who did boo him should have been thinking wwre it not for him there'd be nothing to boo.
Anyways he delivered big time and took no more than what he said he would , legend Fergus McCann HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back