A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

It's becoming a horrible part of the game now Kelly, that to many clubs are looking to snap up youngsters just to make huge profits upon them, and one we were guilty of doing so also.
Weather this practice is being used to generate income to invest within the team to make it more competitive within its league remains questionable still imo, and can't recall a team that has had lead to good success with running such a practice either.
Seems as if way to many teams from all over Europe now are going to try and cash in upon the EPL with such ridiculous fees they are still preparing to pay for players still trying to learn the game still imo
Look at the Neymar situation, imagine being on so much cash and an obscene transfer fee paid that there’s maybe only 2 other clubs u can move to world wide….the game is fecked completely, time for transfer and wage caps..let them make ther cash out of ther image.

Look at the Neymar situation, imagine being on so much cash and an obscene transfer fee paid that there’s maybe only 2 other clubs u can move to world wide….the game is fecked completely, time for transfer and wage caps..let them make ther cash out of ther image.
It's always been a part of football with players getting superstar status, but with the commercial interests involved these days then the money available now remains off the rictor scale these days.
Now for someone who has never played play station, I have often wondered do these so called superstar players produce better at play station than what they offer on the pitch these days?
Especially when they only ever seem interested in one side of the game to enhance there personal standing within the game as such imo.
Could it also be leading to a generation of fans being totally misguided about what these so called superstars actually can bring to the team, or is there commercial value worth more to the money men within the club?
Our own superstar status recently was the likes of eddy, now replaced by the likes of Jota and kyogo.
Yet we all seen the attitude within eddy and for myself all the good he done for us, he still managed to shred it to pieces with this I'm better than this club attitude that I had to suffer with watching him, so lost all respect for him as a player in the end.
I don't think that we will ever see that from Jota or kyogo with having an old school manager in place now, who wouldn't entertain that shit imo, but in a money mad football world you can never tell either sadly.

The carry on surrounding our pursuit of Vinicius Souza ( idk if anyones mentioned it earlier).
We are told that Ange only wants players who want to be here yet if alleged reports are to be believed Souza is not convinced by the level of the game here and would be a loan signing anyway.
We've all read that Ange has gone the " extra mile" to get Souza.
We need a player like him ( if hes really all that) but we dont want a player that needs overly convincing and might cause disharmony in the dressing room, just got rid of most of those.
If he is really all that though , whys he at mechelen and no chance with city group f.c .
Also itakura has passed a medical for gladbach so it appears that because weve raised the j league for some players then automatically all Japanese players are on our radar.
I don't doubt we were interested but I'm unconvinced that we were ever a likely destination for him.
£5 million is the figure that city group fc apparently want for him.

The carry on surrounding our pursuit of Vinicius Souza ( idk if anyones mentioned it earlier).
We are told that Ange only wants players who want to be here yet if alleged reports are to be believed Souza is not convinced by the level of the game here and would be a loan signing anyway.
We've all read that Ange has gone the " extra mile" to get Souza.
We need a player like him ( if hes really all that) but we dont want a player that needs overly convincing and might cause disharmony in the dressing room, just got rid of most of those.
If he is really all that though , whys he at mechelen and no chance with city group f.c .
Also itakura has passed a medical for gladbach so it appears that because weve raised the j league for some players then automatically all Japanese players are on our radar.
I don't doubt we were interested but I'm unconvinced that we were ever a likely destination for him.
£5 million is the figure that city group fc apparently want for him.
Think we could well have reached a stage now winter that money still might not be as readily available now to complete the squad in the manner that we would like still imo.
OK claiming CL money available, but the best part of that is used up with nearly 20M spent already on transfers on the back of 15M losses due to covid.
So turning to the loan market with the option to buy may be the better option now, especially with the extra outlay and with a 8M fee involved then a potential huge wage would come along with such a fee still, and all without any knowledge of knowing would he actually fit into the squad.
Loan deals will also possibly come with some form of guaranteed game time, something we couldn't guarantee any player at present with the depth of quality within the squad at present.
So possibly a fair bit of negotiating to be done for any player for that role within the squad still to be done imo, but also looks like we have finally got a team to get any more potential deals done also by the looks of things at present.
The potential other CB will possibly be a low fee involved as a potential loan deal for a CB isn't really on the cards yet imo.
Still confident new additions will arrive and anyone's guess as to who they might be still.

This made me LOL although I'd point out to the author that its 're-sign' not 'resign'; Sevco only do the last one to managers. Would also take issue with his assessment they are 'standing still'; aging players might have to stand still and take a rest more often but to me they look to be rolling downhill at an accelerating momentum.

Follow-Follow-Cranky.png

This made me LOL although I'd point out to the author that its 're-sign' not 'resign'; Sevco only do the last one to managers. Would also take issue with his assessment they are 'standing still'; aging players might have to stand still and take a rest more often but to me they look to be rolling downhill at an accelerating momentum.

Follow-Follow-Cranky.png
Good chance Cranky will be banned for that post.They prefer the deluded types on that forum.

Think we could well have reached a stage now winter that money still might not be as readily available now to complete the squad in the manner that we would like still imo.
OK claiming CL money available, but the best part of that is used up with nearly 20M spent already on transfers on the back of 15M losses due to covid.
So turning to the loan market with the option to buy may be the better option now, especially with the extra outlay and with a 8M fee involved then a potential huge wage would come along with such a fee still, and all without any knowledge of knowing would he actually fit into the squad.
Loan deals will also possibly come with some form of guaranteed game time, something we couldn't guarantee any player at present with the depth of quality within the squad at present.
So possibly a fair bit of negotiating to be done for any player for that role within the squad still to be done imo, but also looks like we have finally got a team to get any more potential deals done also by the looks of things at present.
The potential other CB will possibly be a low fee involved as a potential loan deal for a CB isn't really on the cards yet imo.
Still confident new additions will arrive and anyone's guess as to who they might be still.
I don't have a problem with loan signings for a season, it's to be expected really recent times would indicate.
What I mean is that Souza ( were led to believe) and his agent dont rate the game here.
The money we have spent was there from the sales of edddy & ajer alone so idt we have spent as much as people may think imo.
Add to that the immediate sell out ( again ) of season tickets and we're in good financial shape with cl cash still to come.
Only players who want to be here has been the mantra since Ange arrived and it would seem this is not only a SMSM story that Souza doesnt rate the spfl , even though its rated above Belgium's where hes been playing.
I find it a strange one if we are trying to convince a player who has an agent telling him no not Scotland.
Apparently it will be city group fc who will have the final say.

I don't have a problem with loan signings for a season, it's to be expected really recent times would indicate.
What I mean is that Souza ( were led to believe) and his agent dont rate the game here.
The money we have spent was there from the sales of edddy & ajer alone so idt we have spent as much as people may think imo.
Add to that the immediate sell out ( again ) of season tickets and we're in good financial shape with cl cash still to come.
Only players who want to be here has been the mantra since Ange arrived and it would seem this is not only a SMSM story that Souza doesnt rate the spfl , even though its rated above Belgium's where hes been playing.
I find it a strange one if we are trying to convince a player who has an agent telling him no not Scotland.
Apparently it will be city group fc who will have the final say.
Agreed canny see ange wasting time trying to convince sumcunt to buy into his ideas if its true be dont rate iur league them we move onto another option

They arseholes in the Glasgow council moved all the benches in George square over to side they were using on Saturday morning so they would have more seating. Will they never learn 🤬🤬

So I'll start ( and probably finish) with this news that I've only just come across and this is yesterdays news but still I'm surprised though given what's happening in Ukraine and the Russian sanctions I probably shouldnt be.

Abrahamic is to sell Chelsea.

Premier League chief responds to Roman Abramovich’s Chelsea sale + discusses broadcast contracts in Russia via @OneFootball.

Whilst I'm glad to see the back of another oligarch from football , I'm not convinced that Chelsea supporters will see it the same way given just how much success Chelsea have had in recent times thanks to Abramovich's Petro-dollars.
Hes had enough of being singled out everytime Putin looks in the wrong direction but it should be remembered that Abramovich is one of the original oligarchs that made a fortune on the back of the former USSRs break up and therefore makes him a crook of the highest order.
Only problem here is that he will most definitely be replaced by some oil rich sultan, Saudi prince or even possibly an actual company, like Red Bull for example.
Was reading that it was 2003 Abramovich paid £140 million for Chelsea and since then no other English club has won more trophies than Chelsea.
I would hazard a guess that given Chelsea , ( current champions league holders) earned a measly £143 million from domestic football alone just for taking part and for merit in coming in 4th .
Chelsea will cost significantly more than the £140 million he paid for them 19 years ago.
If players like neymar cost £200 million, plus Chelsea are cl holders and world club cup champions and have an enormous squad that's cost over £1 billion to assemble.
Not many would be in a position to buy them so I expect some Emirate or company to buy them.

The ridiculous amounts of cash on offer to EPL clubs and only counting domestic cash.

"Premier League Prize Money Distribution & Breakdown 2021/22" https://sillyseason.com/money/premier-league-prize-money-100681/

If you scroll down the page you'll find a break down table of domestic cash earned season 19/20.
Norwich finished 20th and plum last from 20 clubs yet pocketed £96.5 million for their achievement of coming last , the other 2 relegated clubs Watford and Bournemouth both cleared £100 million each.
Some wonder why championship clubs can outbid us for a player as well .

I bet you never thought this Thread would grow to 28 pages long Winter! 😆

Edit: 29 now.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back