A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

When the scammers phone me I do one of two things
1. I say I’m in a helluva rush and is it ok if I just give them my bank details and PIN numbers without listening to their scripted pish, then hang up.
2. Ask for their details as they have phoned Strathclyde police cyber fraud department
The ironic part of it is ,if they did get into my bank account all they would get is practise

A woman called me one day to speak to my daughter and I asked her what it was about and she said she said that due to the Data Protection Act she couldn't possibly divulge that information. I told her that my daughter had moved house so she asked me for her new address and I just replied that due to the Data Protection Act I couldn't possibly divulge that information and hung up on her. 🤣

Turned out it was just her car insurers.

A woman called me one day to speak to my daughter and I asked her what it was about and she said she said that due to the Data Protection Act she couldn't possibly divulge that information. I told her that my daughter had moved house so she asked me for her new address and I just replied that due to the Data Protection Act I couldn't possibly divulge that information and hung up on her. 🤣

Turned out it was just her car insurers.
GDPR is brilliant, a monstrous fuck up that no doubt has cost billions and achieved nothing.
I used to do work for a student accommodation building in Glasgow, they had a bank off cctv screens to monitor the security of the building, make sure nobody was laying deid in an elevator etc etc, but technically you could see the monitors from outside the building (if you had access to the Hubble telescope) so the solution was to keep the blinds shut all the time or switch off the monitors! Or they'd be breaking the law! 🤷‍♂️

Folk are going back to using cash to help them budget better. If you're just flashing a card or phone then it doesn't actually feel like you're spending money.
I love the feeling of having hard cash in my pocket so I can see where it's going.
I used to use my phone to pay for things after buying Christmas presents and leaving my wallet at home I got used to it.
Now I've gone back to cash, it's better in my opinion. You can budget better and not spend next week's rent.

Friends of mine here are telling me that they're slowly withdrawing all of their money from the financial institutions. Not sure about the UK, but the govt here have changed the rules (again) and can close your account and take your money. Emergency bulldust from war to the plague are the reasons...

When the scammers phone me I do one of two things
1. I say I’m in a helluva rush and is it ok if I just give them my bank details and PIN numbers without listening to their scripted pish, then hang up.
2. Ask for their details as they have phoned Strathclyde police cyber fraud department
The ironic part of it is ,if they did get into my bank account all they would get is practise
I did get scammed

This was years ago before mobile phones and chip n pin , used my credit card at the local petrol station the hoorie faced tart behind the counters boyfriend was their as i was paying ( a well known crook ) i paid by card and she gave me the counterfoil

was in to much of a hurry but it did click at the time that something was going on dodgy there

a week later i'm standing in the bank paying into my account and ask for the balance ,,,,,,my arse hit the floor , i was £3700 overdrawn
The teller tells me i'd spent it on the home shopping channel plus it would be up to me to prove i'd been scammed , account was suspended i had to move all my standing orders to a new account a fkn nightmare

went to plod to report it for a crime number ,they were useless but if i knew who done it come back and tell them ,,,,,,wankers

Called sky , called the shopping channel ,,,,both as useless as the cops ,in the end i managed to get through after a whole day trying to the finance dept at the home shopping channel by luck i got a scouse burd who had been scammed herself she went through all the big tvs ,microwaves , beach wear , loungers and other shite i'd bought

asked if she could give me a delivery address ,,,she couldn't ,,,asked her again and gave her my postcode telling her i had only spent my card in 3 different areas ,,,,if she couldn't tell me could she cough if one of them rings a bell
sure enough she did ,,,,the same postal area as my local garage
i landed lucky she gave me her office number and held back the last purchase on the card which was due for delivery untill she heard from plod

plod did contact here and nicked the fkr delivering his big fkn tv the garage denied any liability and fobbed us off with it'll have to go to court pish ,,,,,even though cctv helped nail her
the hoorie faced knt was sacked it went to court she got 3month suspended ,,,he got his knackers kicked in and 2 yrs

all the bank charges were refunded ,,,,8 months later

All through the process

the bank didn't want to know

plod didn't have a clue

Sky /shopping channel ,,,were a nightmare to get through to the right apartment

found out a few years later 9 other folk got their cards scammed some for £200 up to £1500,,

i was lucky by getting someone who was about to head home and who had been scammed herself ,,,,she was more than helpful

as for the rest ,,,useless

Friends of mine here are telling me that they're slowly withdrawing all of their money from the financial institutions. Not sure about the UK, but the govt here have changed the rules (again) and can close your account and take your money. Emergency bulldust from war to the plague are the reasons...
a lot of folk are doing that now if there's a run on the banks cash will be king it's better under the bed than it is in the bank

I did get scammed

This was years ago before mobile phones and chip n pin , used my credit card at the local petrol station the hoorie faced tart behind the counters boyfriend was their as i was paying ( a well known crook ) i paid by card and she gave me the counterfoil

was in to much of a hurry but it did click at the time that something was going on dodgy there

a week later i'm standing in the bank paying into my account and ask for the balance ,,,,,,my arse hit the floor , i was £3700 overdrawn
The teller tells me i'd spent it on the home shopping channel plus it would be up to me to prove i'd been scammed , account was suspended i had to move all my standing orders to a new account a fkn nightmare

went to plod to report it for a crime number ,they were useless but if i knew who done it come back and tell them ,,,,,,wankers

Called sky , called the shopping channel ,,,,both as useless as the cops ,in the end i managed to get through after a whole day trying to the finance dept at the home shopping channel by luck i got a scouse burd who had been scammed herself she went through all the big tvs ,microwaves , beach wear , loungers and other shite i'd bought

asked if she could give me a delivery address ,,,she couldn't ,,,asked her again and gave her my postcode telling her i had only spent my card in 3 different areas ,,,,if she couldn't tell me could she cough if one of them rings a bell
sure enough she did ,,,,the same postal area as my local garage
i landed lucky she gave me her office number and held back the last purchase on the card which was due for delivery untill she heard from plod

plod did contact here and nicked the fkr delivering his big fkn tv the garage denied any liability and fobbed us off with it'll have to go to court pish ,,,,,even though cctv helped nail her
the hoorie faced knt was sacked it went to court she got 3month suspended ,,,he got his knackers kicked in and 2 yrs

all the bank charges were refunded ,,,,8 months later

All through the process

the bank didn't want to know

plod didn't have a clue

Sky /shopping channel ,,,were a nightmare to get through to the right apartment

found out a few years later 9 other folk got their cards scammed some for £200 up to £1500,,

i was lucky by getting someone who was about to head home and who had been scammed herself ,,,,she was more than helpful

as for the rest ,,,useless
You're one of the lucky ones!

Back