A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

Just watched some of the brief highlights of the EPL on opus sports.
I know we do some amount of giving out about the cheating mibs and rightly so, but by christ there are a few howlers there today and made worse as there's VAR in operation there, so still safe enough that Scottish football stands no chance when introduced in Scotland imo.
Try and get a look at the miss from che Adams for Southampton, possibly the worst I can ever recall seeing

Watching the Leicester match and would say with a fair degree of confidence that BR won't be in charge for there next game as his players have chucked it in altogether now imo, question still remains as to why?
But certainly a club in big trouble this early into a season and lucky only to have conceded 4 so far

Last edited:
Watching the Leicester match and would say with a fair degree of confidence that BR won't be in charge for there next game as his players have chucked it in although now imo, question still remains as to why?
But certainly a club in big trouble this early into a season and lucky only to have conceded 4 so far

Fantastic, will be great to see the snake 🐍 getting sacked….deserves all he gets, could have become a legend here, but………greed and ego got in the way,……I’m sure Scunthorpe or Darlington might need a manager that “always” Wis a “fan”(nie)

This is worth noting…..from a Bhoy on CQN…

THE ONLOOKER on 5TH SEPTEMBER 2022 4:04 PM

Law 16 requires all opponents to be outside the penalty area until the goal kick is taken and if an opponent remains inside or enters the penalty area before the kick is taken and plays, challenges or touches the ball, the goal kick is retaken.

However, Law 16 also applies the ‘quick’ free kick principles outlined in Law 13 – Free Kicks, 3. Offences and sanctions that if any opponents are in the penalty areas because they did not have time to leave, the referee allows play to continue.

In practical terms, this means that referees should manage goal kicks (and defending team free kicks in their own penalty area) in the same way as they manage free kicks:

– Unless the kick is taken quickly, opposing players should be required to be outside the penalty area and remain outside until the kick has been taken.

– If the kick is taken quickly and an opponent genuinely did not have time to leave the penalty area, the opponent may not interfere with or prevent the taking of the kick but may intercept the ball once it is in play. This is allowed because the defending team, as at a quick free kick, tried to gain an advantage by taking the kick quickly and if this ‘goes wrong’ the Law is not there to ‘save’ them.

This is worth noting…..from a Bhoy on CQN…

THE ONLOOKER on 5TH SEPTEMBER 2022 4:04 PM

Law 16 requires all opponents to be outside the penalty area until the goal kick is taken and if an opponent remains inside or enters the penalty area before the kick is taken and plays, challenges or touches the ball, the goal kick is retaken.

However, Law 16 also applies the ‘quick’ free kick principles outlined in Law 13 – Free Kicks, 3. Offences and sanctions that if any opponents are in the penalty areas because they did not have time to leave, the referee allows play to continue.

In practical terms, this means that referees should manage goal kicks (and defending team free kicks in their own penalty area) in the same way as they manage free kicks:

– Unless the kick is taken quickly, opposing players should be required to be outside the penalty area and remain outside until the kick has been taken.

– If the kick is taken quickly and an opponent genuinely did not have time to leave the penalty area, the opponent may not interfere with or prevent the taking of the kick but may intercept the ball once it is in play. This is allowed because the defending team, as at a quick free kick, tried to gain an advantage by taking the kick quickly and if this ‘goes wrong’ the Law is not there to ‘save’ them.
And what does the law say about it stopping the quick counter attack by stopping the ball and ballooning it over the bar, which I would class as kicking the ball away, and all done without any yellow card being shown I believe 🤔

I ask myself, would a Celtic player be booked for doing this…
Course he would imatim, 2 different sets of rules are applied in the same game, only in Scotland does such a thing exist within world football, and the damage to the game remains horrendous, and what's worse is that the powers to be couldn't care less either.
We talked about crosses into our area earlier, but just to defend the likes our CB can't get to close to an opposition player due to them throwing themselves to the ground to get awarded a peno from a cheating mib.
This Celtic team are such a joy to watch and how they manage to keep their discipline under such circumstances is beyond me as I wouldn't have been able to stay on the park for to long under the same circumstances myself

Back