A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

Imatim

Impressive it must be said, the numbers on display.
The huge overhaul of the squad Ange inherited, the incredible numbers of quality players in the door to have hit the ground running is nothing short of sensational.
Very few have joined and not been instantly successful for Celtic.

Ideguchi, ironically the player who came ( from Japan) with (allegedly) the biggest reputation of the 4 has been one, though that shocking injury/assault played it's part most definitely.
McCarthy has been another , though again , as a sub hes been decent enough but reliable as a starter not so much.

Also impressive has been the clearing out of the deadwood and wantaways, some very decent players have left but they have left at the right time.

It could be argued that we left it late and missed the prime selling opportunity for the likes of Edouard and Ajer, Christie etc but we surely cannot be disappointed with the return of income the club made for these players at the same time.

All and all this makes for healthy reading regarding Celtic.

The Ange/Nicholson axis certainly appears to be working.....for the first time in as long as I can recall there's a plan in place.....I just hope Dermot doesn't feck everything up and appoint Peter Lawwell as the new chairman...

Winter

The Ange/Nicholson axis certainly appears to be working.....for the first time in as long as I can recall there's a plan in place.....I just hope Dermot doesn't feck everything up and appoint Peter Lawwell as the new chairman...
It is the ' fear' we all have imatim, 100%
Mostly because of the fact that Bankier is known to be leaving.
Must say though for DD to do that especially when we are in a good place despite the shock defeat to St. Mirren.
Would be seen as a backwards step regardless of his credentials.
PL cannot be making the public apologies he did and then leaving only to then return when the grass is greener.
It wouldnt go down well thats a cert.
Its taken a bit of shuffling around and the current set up is working.

PL to come back as chairman would be seen as a huge own goal and would put a big dent in the new found confidence the the board are enjoying from the support, to risk that for a pals act would be crazy.

Young blood, with a fresh outlook must surely be the way to go.
There must be dozens of suitable candidates out there , PL returning would be akin to lenny returning and a total boot in the baws to us.

Winter

Reading about young Hickey turning down Bayern Munich to go to Bologna as Munich couldnt guarantee 1st team football but italians were offering it.

I totally understand why he did this , bayern champions league holders at the time.
Still it either says he wasnt confident enough in his own abilities to break through there or it was a really shrewd move from him and his agent to chose a better career path.
A path that's worked out well for him

Thought he did well replacing Patterson early doors last night.

Brentford fullback Hickey admits turning down Celtic, Bayern Munich via @OneFootball. Read it here:

DILLIGAF

As a young player, it's good to see he's willing to forego the bright lights, in order to get playing time, rather than sit on his arse and take a wage
Yes, it's great to be a part of a team like Bayern or Celtic, but if you're a player, you want to play, and showcase your talents, something he'll get more of at Brentford
Good luck to the boy, and who knows, he might end up in the hoops at some point in the future

DILLIGAF

Why people continue to tug their forelock for these bastards is beyond me
The Royal family, friends of Savile and Epstein
Pays 12 million quid, to a young girl (he's never met) for (something that didn't happen)
They're a bunch of inbred, elitist, bastards
Abolish the Monarchy, and get rid of Westminster, and guys like top hatted, Rees Mogg, fucking bools in the mooth, monobrowed, stick insect, and let the rest of humanity, get on with it
That is all
Have a very pleasant weekend

DILLIGAF

I've researched some of family history and found out that we originated in County Sligo
Know who else is from County Sligo...none other than Brother Walfrid
This website is a great resource for checking into Irish family history and beginnings
The poet WB Yeats comes from there, also Bram Stoker's mother (her son wrote Dracula)
I intend getting over to check the place out at some point