A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

So the latest rumour is us and the zombies might be lined up to be part of a European Super League! I doubt it is true but if there is a chance then we should be trying to take it in my opinion. We need to break away from the current setup

Read about this BB and apparently its Juventus and Barcelona who are still pushing for the ' no relegation closed shop super league ' .
They've obviously run the numbers and both clubs being in the doldrums by their own standards have come to the conclusion that, needing the cash it's a no brainer to include the Glasgow clubs because of the revenue the scots clubs will bring.
Full stadiums guaranteed.
Huge travelling support , guaranteed.

Unfortunately for these clubs Ufea have initiated the format change which will be a ' super league' to start at least from 23/24 or the following season with 36 clubs .

Quite clever by ufea , giving them half of what they want in a super league but not a closed shop.

I see Porto are leading 2-0 @h to Atleti which Kos Atleti from Europe all together, also such a shame that Barcelona and Juventus, Seville are out of the champions league ( not haha GIRFUY spanish clubs 👋)
Hopefully we can piss off Madrid and win there the morra , not beyond us HH

Watching a superb game of fitba BT5 Leverkusen v Brugges 0-0 2nd half just started but some game both doing really well.
As long as Leverkusen dont lose they ko A Madrid altogether from Europe and go into the EL.
Also interesting is Pingpong and Boyata are involved and both doing well , no surprise there they were Celtic players after all HH

2 nuttin tae Ajax at Mordor HT 🙆🏼‍♂️
2 nuttin Barcelona at Victoria Plzen HT
Plzen have a goal scored better than them as it stands the ' original rangers' haha founding fathers etc about to become the worst club in champions league history 😘😘so sweet

Bayern looking mighty the noo group stages.
Nobody been near them , only club with a 100% record.
Strange group stages, lost Barca, Juve, Atleti, Leverkusen, also Sporting and Marseille to a lesser extent.

Napoli ( brilliant 1 defeat away to pool), Porto, Brugge , Eintracht have all done really well to qualify against the odds especially Brugge.

Man City ( when Haaland playing brilliant) Madrid , Chelsea , Spurs, Dortmund doing what's necessary , latter especially scraping through.
Benfica tied on 11 pts with PSG is outstanding.
Leipzig have improved beyond recognition under Rose.
Milan will scrape through if they dont lose at home to Salzburg.

Been a better group stages for years , many so called smaller clubs have performed , some worse than ever.

Good to see many big guns go out of CL at least and the favourites not getting it all their own way, Bayern aside

An amazing statistic is that Erling Haaland has already scored more than 1% of the total number of goals scored by Man City in the English Premier League & European Champions League! He just started with them this August! He is a phenomenal goal scoring machine.
When I checked on Sunday he'd scored more goals himself than 9 EL *teams* and the same amount as a further 2. Those two were Chelsea and Man U. 🤯

He is like a 14year old playing in the under 10s
Hes the main reason I believe that people on here are picking City to win it.
He's been Europe's standout striker this first third of the season..

The Balloon Door covers last year like season 21/22 I'm sure.
I know Benzema had a great season and by his standards as well it was a resurgence season for he'd been under par a few seasons.
I was still a bit surprised he won it, though, aye good reasons and arguments for why he won it, champions league winner, champions league top scorer tae so good arguments .

Lewandowski at same time was 2nd top champions league scorer and won the European golden shoe for 2nd season running at 33 now.
Awesome these players, Benzema (34),
Lewandowski (33) , Ronaldo (34) , Messi (32), Modric is 37 and still pulling the strings for one of the world's best sides.

If Haaland continues as he's started he'll shirley win it.

Aye, couldn't sleep fxckin insomnia. Watched the Champions Lge app highlights of lastnight's games, Benfica pipping PSG for top spot on goal difference. Dortmund blowing the lead against Copenhagen to finish behind Man City.

With Napoli, Liverpool, Porto, Brugge, Spurs, Frankfurt, Chelsea, AC Milian, Bayern, Inter, R Madrid, Lepzig complete the.last 16, that's where we aspire too see the Glasgow Celtic every year, well we should.

Getting there every year would allow the club to compete at this level, we just need too make Celtic Park a fortress again,home record in recent years is shocking in Europe it shouldn't be & it rips mafuckinknitten.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪☘️GLASGOWS GREEN AND WHITE☘️🇮🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Aye, couldn't sleep fxckin insomnia. Watched the Champions Lge app highlights of lastnight's games, Benfica pipping PSG for top spot on goal difference. Dortmund blowing the lead against Copenhagen to finish behind Man City.

With Napoli, Liverpool, Porto, Brugge, Spurs, Frankfurt, Chelsea, AC Milian, Bayern, Inter, R Madrid, Lepzig complete the.last 16, that's where we aspire too see the Glasgow Celtic every year, well we should.

Getting there every year would allow the club to compete at this level, we just need too make Celtic Park a fortress again,home record in recent years is shocking in Europe it shouldn't be & it rips mafuckinknitten.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪☘️GLASGOWS GREEN AND WHITE☘️🇮🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Agreed TT, when we had our run to Seville final ( beating big clubs on the way every round unlike two other Glasgow clubs) CP was indeed a fortress.
The same could be said for our champions league runs to the last 16 under WGS and Lenny #1 .

Clubs , all clubs even the best feared CP and often came undone against us there.
The list is a long and impressive one for the sides put to the sword then.

Not too long ago Ajax were being held up as the example of a club not unlike our own ( huge club without the EPL/big 5 divisions Sky cash subsidy on offer) now its Benfica.
Both those clubs have shown in recent times that the type of determination and good management being shown at present by the club can pay off for big clubs on the periphery of Sky's huge handouts.

Should also be considered that both Ajax and Benfica are significantly richer clubs than Celtic.
Both have revenues that are more than double that of Celtic.
It also helps that they get proper transfer fees for their players ( proper in regards to the crazy marketplace) and we dont.
Ajax sold both Antony and lisandro Martinez to man utd this season for combined total €152 million for 2 players.

The Deloitte "Football Money League" that does not contemplate the earnings from player transfers, but only what comes from the operational activity of the clubs.
Had Zenit at 15th , Benfica 23rd and Ajax 27th the only ' non 'Sky 5' clubs to make the list.

That's partly down to mismanagement at national FA and league sponsorship/ tv rights in Scotland.

Still our revenues and budgets dont have to match or better these clubs to be able to compete with them on the field.
We are headed in the right direction and if we can get a return to fortress parkhead then that's half the battle, not many clubs beat us at home for a few years and yes things have changed but not the game ( much).

I respect what Ange is attempting to do and hear him called naive by pundits for still having a go at 4-0 down, were out of Europe what's to be naive about?
Go and score.
As Ange has said " we aren't testing ourselves if we change our style everytime we face ' superior ' clubs"
That's adapting , something ange is trying to change , that mindset.

I also dont agree with the Celtic Stars Paul Gillespie's article that we are celebrating defeats like this hammering too often ( I agree with most of the article it's the last paragraph in particular I dont).
Paul says theres one positive from the Bernie baw, jotas goal nothing else but I think we showed that all we ate missing is the clinical experienced goal scoring that we're famous for.
Everything's there and at a very early stage of the rebuild.
Our movement and passing at times this campaign ( even during that game) has been brilliant if unrewarding.

Our players are young, with that being for some a first experience of European football never mind champions league.
Chances , chances must take our chances this is true but I havent heard anyone " celebrating defeats like this" because we played well.
If anything I thought the response to our 60 minute display at home to them was more OTT.

Nothing against you Paul Gillespie✌
I just dont see anyone celebrating a 5-1 defeat nor was Jotas goal the only positive from the game.
A good experience for our young rookie team. HH

Despite Jota’s wonderful strike, few positives on a disappointing Champions League night via @OneFootball. Read it here:

Last edited:
Agreed TT, when we had our run to Seville final ( beating big clubs on the way every round unlike two other Glasgow clubs) CP was indeed a fortress.
The same could be said for our champions league runs to the last 16 under WGS and Lenny #1 .

Clubs , all clubs even the best feared CP and often came undone against us there.
The list is a long and impressive one for the sides put to the sword then.

Not too long ago Ajax were being held up as the example of a club not unlike our own ( huge club without the EPL/big 5 divisions Sky cash subsidy on offer) now its Benfica.
Both those clubs have shown in recent times that the type of determination and good management being shown at present by the club can pay off for big clubs on the periphery of Sky's huge handouts.

Should also be considered that both Ajax and Benfica are significantly richer clubs than Celtic.
Both have revenues that are more than double that of Celtic.
It also helps that they get proper transfer fees for their players ( proper in regards to the crazy marketplace) and we dont.
Ajax sold both Antony and lisandro Martinez to man utd this season for combined total €152 million for 2 players.

The Deloitte "Football Money League" that does not contemplate the earnings from player transfers, but only what comes from the operational activity of the clubs.
Had Zenit at 15th , Benfica 23rd and Ajax 27th the only ' non 'Sky 5' clubs to make the list.

That's partly down to mismanagement at national FA and league sponsorship/ tv rights in Scotland.

Still our revenues and budgets dont have to match or better these clubs to be able to compete with them on the field.
We are headed in the right direction and if we can get a return to fortress parkhead then that's half the battle, not many clubs beat us at home for a few years and yes things have changed but not the game ( much).

I respect what Ange is attempting to do and hear him called naive by pundits for still having a go at 4-0 down, were out of Europe what's to be naive about?
Go and score.
As Ange has said " we aren't testing ourselves if we change our style everytime we face ' superior ' clubs"
That's adapting , something ange is trying to change , that mindset.

I also dont agree with the Celtic Stars Paul Gillespie's article that we are celebrating defeats like this hammering too often ( I agree with most of the article it's the last paragraph in particular I dont).
Paul says theres one positive from the Bernie baw, jotas goal nothing else but I think we showed that all we ate missing is the clinical experienced goal scoring that we're famous for.
Everything's there and at a very early stage of the rebuild.
Our movement and passing at times this campaign ( even during that game) has been brilliant if unrewarding.

Our players are young, with that being for some a first experience of European football never mind champions league.
Chances , chances must take our chances this is true but I havent heard anyone " celebrating defeats like this" because we played well.
If anything I thought the response to our 60 minute display at home to them was more OTT.

Nothing against you Paul Gillespie✌
I just dont see anyone celebrating a 5-1 defeat nor was Jotas goal the only positive from the game.
A good experience for our young rookie team. HH

Despite Jota’s wonderful strike, few positives on a disappointing Champions League night via @OneFootball. Read it here:

the 3 clubs on the list not in big leagues also just so happen to be monster port cities with close ties to secret society and black markets,

Well, Mother Nature is letting us know that although it's currently FALL, she has decided we need some snow to brighten the place up and ensure chaos on the highways
It got down to zero the other night, and we're maybe getting snow up at our place over the weekend...bring it on baby !!!
I worked out in all weathers for 30 odd years, and now that I have retired, I enjoy going for a walk in the white stuff, with my wife and our loveable husky , who loves when the snow arrives

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/snow-bc-first-november-weekend

This was last year and we got even more after this shot was taken, we're expecting to get way more this Winter

snowy Thursday .jpg

Last edited:
Well, Mother Nature is letting us know that although it's currently FALL, she has decided we need some snow to brighten the place up and ensure chaos on the highways
It got down to zero the other night, and we're maybe getting snow up at our place over the weekend...bring it on baby !!!
I worked out in all weathers for 30 odd years, and now that I have retired, I enjoy going for a walk in the white stuff, with my wife and our loveable husky , who loves when the snow arrives

This was last year and we got even more after this shot was taken, we're expecting to get way more this Winter

View attachment 20760
Same here Dil worked most of my life outdoors love the snow now but I think my wee ankle biter would disappear in that snow

Same here Dil worked most of my life outdoors love the snow now but I think my wee ankle biter would disappear in that snow
Took Liliana to the park near us last year, to go sledding...thought we'd go down the 'Bunny hill' I was on the sled with her
We flew off the bump near the bootm and the sled landed on us
She said "Papa, that's too dangerous...let's go to the big hill"
So up we go...she gets on the sled..."I've got this Papa!!"
She's facing me and the sled is going backwards...down she went, picking up speed...she's fearless
Can't wait for this year
Mind you, don't miss this shit ;-)
snowy day on the ramp.jpeg

Don't know if we'll have power for the game tomorrow
We've been getting slammed with high winds all night and a couple of gusts were over 90-100 kmh, shook the windows and scared the shite out of Georgia and I
The town next to us have lost power for more than an hour and our lights have been flickering all night
My buddy sent me this from his place
Our streets,tree branches down tonight.jpg have tree branches down all over the place
Hopefully we get the three points tomorrow against United and hopefully, I get to watch it
HH

Don't know if we'll have power for the game tomorrow
We've been getting slammed with high winds all night and a couple of gusts were over 90-100 kmh, shook the windows and scared the shite out of Georgia and I
The town next to us have lost power for more than an hour and our lights have been flickering all night
My buddy sent me this from his place
Our streets,View attachment 20768 have tree branches down all over the place
Hopefully we get the three points tomorrow against United and hopefully, I get to watch it
HH
Hope your reading this in Comfort Dill and nothing to serious happens to you or your family and friends mate.

3pts would be lovely today.

H.H

Hope your reading this in Comfort Dill and nothing to serious happens to you or your family and friends mate.

3pts would be lovely today.

H.H
Cheers 50, it died down a few hours ago and we're all good
On the plus side, it's very quiet when you set your alarm an hour ahead of kickoff, because you forgot about daylight savings time
At least I'm consistent :rolleyes::cool:
HH

View attachment 20760
Something fell? Uch that happens in autumn 😛 leaves on the track country at a standstill, that's just autumn, once winter truly hits we're aw shocked into everything stops , for a country that should be well used to it we're never prepared

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back