A Wee bit of Music Nostalgia ..Post it here

Haven't heard that song in years,a classic if ever there was one.
I recall being a a gig at the Apollo and the drummer Brian Downey was going in via the side entrance and decided to throw one of his drumsticks,I was an absolute cert to get it as it was heading to me,sadly I forgot the other 100 or so bastards were thinking the same thing, I was the meat between the sandwich.🤡

Slate me if you want but this song was sung by my Auld Man many a time in the days when we all had a" sing its your turn "in the house.....this was his signature. Brings back many great memories today on the news of the Legend Tony Bennett leaving us.
It could almost be a Celtic song ....Because of You 💚

Slate me if you want but this song was sung by my Auld Man many a time in the days when we all had a" sing its your turn "in the house.....this was his signature. Brings back many great memories today on the news of the Legend Tony Bennett leaving us.
It could almost be a Celtic song ....Because of You 💚
Not quite Northern Soul, Mag7, but naw, I'm not gonna slate you. I grew up in a fairly musical family, so those " one singer, one song" nights were a huge part of my upbringing. It's probably one of the reasons I have a very wide taste in music.

Wouldn't change those days for a' the silverware in Paradise !

Last edited:
Not quite Northern Soul, Mag7, but naw, I'm not gonna slate you. I grew up in a fairly musical family, so those " one singer, one song" nights were a huge part of my upbringing. It's probably one of the reasons I have a very wide taste in music.

Wouldn't change those days for a' the silverware in Patadise !
It’s mad talking about the singing rituals at carry oots and New Year. I was telling the wife last week aboot a time I was in my mates house at New Year. There was a guy there who had been in the Merchant Navy during the war. My mates maw says, geez one o yer navy songs Geordie!!! Geordies opening line was “Bums, Bellies and Tits” Ok, ok that’s enough fae you Geordie she says. Still makes me laugh nearly 40 years later.

Sad news, great singer, beautiful voice, terribly troubled in her personal life, 56, same age as me…..😢

May eternal light shine upon her….may she rest in peace 🙏

As much as I love luke Kelly singing foggy dew ,sinaeds version was even better something that before she had made the recording with the chieftains I'd av said nobody could do it any better but she did and I'm glad she did. Rest in peace you wonderful lady.

Back