Aberdeen v Celtic match thread KO wed, 7.45pm….all comments in here

Think that's a really pertinent point which might partly explain the wee drop off in performance and the relatively off-key displays particularly from Maeda and Hatate.

The North Sea is absolutely brutal and the wind that drifts in from it is painful and raw upon the skin. You feel the temperature drop by the degree every 10 minutes and especially as the night draws in.

I was at Gayfield tonight thinking that it wasn't too bad to begin with, but by half-time, I couldn't feel my fingers and toes and it felt like my face was getting the death by a thousand cuts treatment aff the wind.

I'd love it if Arbroath managed to complete their miracle this season, but I hope they'd have to play their games at Dens, because the wind is horrific there the whole year round.

I think Aberdeen is colder, but Arbroath just about edges it on the windchill factor.

Brilliant three points under the circumstances, but you just know we're going to get screwed with another away game up there after the split if they're top 6. At least it'll be sub-tropical by Aberdonian standards in April, but I'm sure Bridie will confirm that that's when the wind up there suffers from multiple personality disorder in Spring.
Alright the Red Lichtie

Alright the Red Lichtie
They've got a wee group of ultras now, Boab, and they spend the whole game riffing aff the GB chants.

They gave the pyrotechnics a miss though, coz the wind would just blow them oot and they would likely divert a fishing trawler oot to Greenland or the Arctic.

The team are feckin legends now though, mate. This would be the single greatest achievement in Scottish football since The Lions. Think it would even squeeze out Aberdeen beating Real Madrid in 83

Thought Collum was a absolute disgrace tonight. The free kicks he awarded to Aberdeen were farcical. Did you see the look on Matt O Riley’s face? He was genuinely stunned at the free kicks given to Aberdeen but not to Celtic. You could tell he didna understand what was happening. Welcome to Scotland Matt!!
Celtic must speak up. Collum almost put sevco top o the league. A disgraceful performance from Collum.
Not splitting hairs here, but it's the snidey ways the MIBs slow us down
He's a master at 'getting in the way' as we move forward
A couple of times when we were cutting across the centre, and CalMac was about to pass it out to Ralston, or Abada, Gollum slowed down, and blocked his view, it was blatant, but he made it look as though he was 'keeping up with play'
Fuck them and their anti Celtic agenda
We got the 3 points, that's all that counts
HH

Last edited:
Think that's a really pertinent point which might partly explain the wee drop off in performance and the relatively off-key displays particularly from Maeda and Hatate.

The North Sea is absolutely brutal and the wind that drifts in from it is painful and raw upon the skin. You feel the temperature drop by the degree every 10 minutes and especially as the night draws in.

I was at Gayfield tonight thinking that it wasn't too bad to begin with, but by half-time, I couldn't feel my fingers and toes and it felt like my face was getting the death by a thousand cuts treatment aff the wind.

I'd love it if Arbroath managed to complete their miracle this season, but I hope they'd have to play their games at Dens, because the wind is horrific there the whole year round.

I think Aberdeen is colder, but Arbroath just about edges it on the windchill factor.

Brilliant three points under the circumstances, but you just know we're going to get screwed with another away game up there after the split if they're top 6. At least it'll be sub-tropical by Aberdonian standards in April, but I'm sure Bridie will confirm that that's when the wind up there suffers from multiple personality disorder in Spring.
Ha Ha...you'se yins, would fucking die in Canada...30 odd years ago, I played in the Sunday League (hung to the tits) well, it was the morning after the night before, hoping the game was called off...no such luck, snow, up to our ankles, and the temperature was -12 with the windchill
BALTIC just about covered it
And right at the end as I was going through on goal, a numpty lunged in,studs up, and ripped my thigh open...I went down inside the box, screaming, and bleeding like a stuck pig, ref "Play on !!!"
So off I went, to be patched up, and pleaded with the coach to be put back in, so I could exact revenge on the cunt, but to no avail...
I still have the scar to prove it
Thanks for the memory jog there SP
HH

Last edited:

Tonight was quite mild. We have summer days cooler than tonight was! 😂

Now Gayfield - that is a windy bloody ground. Angus is warmer than up here but Gayfield juts out intonthe North Sea. I remember watching Forfar playing there and the goalie kicked it out from his penalty box and then had to sprint back to tip it over his own bar cos the strong wind blew it back the way!

They've got a wee group of ultras now, Boab, and they spend the whole game riffing aff the GB chants.

They gave the pyrotechnics a miss though, coz the wind would just blow them oot and they would likely divert a fishing trawler oot to Greenland or the Arctic.

The team are feckin legends now though, mate. This would be the single greatest achievement in Scottish football since The Lions. Think it would even squeeze out Aberdeen beating Real Madrid in 83
🥲🥲🥲🥲 Brilliant i dare say the lad who makes you go to their games is well chuffed and good luck to him, i told you believe and anything is possible although their manager is a blue nose racist cunt.

Tonight was quite mild. We have summer days cooler than tonight was! 😂

Now Gayfield - that is a windy bloody ground. Angus is warmer than up here but Gayfield juts out intonthe North Sea. I remember watching Forfar playing there and the goalie kicked it out from his penalty box and then had to sprint back to tip it over his own bar cos the strong wind blew it back the way!
Real fitbaw

I'm actually quite glad but not happy that we were pegged back so easily by Aberdeen in the second half.. .it's a wee reminder that we are by no means the finished article...a reminder not just to the players but to us the fans, me included who have already had us as invincible and league winners...sure the potential is there, we are for most, a great watch but the reality is that we have a long way to go until we are the team we currently think we are........let's keep grounded..all of us

....and for the lurkers...since Christmas, 7 games played in the league.....7 wins.....stick that in yer flutes Yan orange bastards
Spot on Docco. We've come on leaps and bounds. Still a bit to do though.

🥲🥲🥲🥲 Brilliant i dare say the lad who makes you go to their games is well chuffed and good luck to him, i told you believe and anything is possible although their manager is a blue nose racist cunt.
Hahahaha........if ever a man had a more apt name - then it would be some task to find someone that can outdo the Arbroath manager. After all, he is indeed a wee Dick.

On the other hand - any sympathisers to the Republican cause would be delighted at the efforts of the local Arbrochians to wipe oot the marines every Saturday night when they dare venture into the toon.

RM Condor is by that way and when the prospective marines head oot for a night of depravity, then the local fishermen, cowboys and farmhands go fist-to-fist in unarmed combat with them just for shits and giggles.

The locals have wiped oot mair marines than the combined forces of the Argentinian navy and the Imperial Guard.

And you have to love Arbroath fans - they still hae some lads that proudly wear their fake Danny McGrain beards and t-shirts of the legend himself.

Last edited:
Scappy game last night with the Dons taking no prisoners and the ref quite happy to let them,our defence needs to be more aware at free kicks and corners both thier goals came from them crowding our defence restricting movement,but Celtic showed that they not only have skill but determination to see the game out

What about jotas goal in the first half chucked off, watched it again I see its not offside its not a foul, it was game over if it counted, every cunt is moaning about our winner, only that Michael Stewart mentioned it, anyway get it up them played good enough to claim the points so onwards we go

Hahahaha........if ever a man had a more apt name - then it would be some task to find someone that can outdo the Arbroath manager. After all, he is indeed a wee Dick.

On the other hand - any sympathisers to the Republican cause would be delighted at the efforts of the local Arbrochians to wipe oot the marines every Saturday night when they dare venture into the toon.

RM Condor is by that way and when the prospective marines head oot for a night of depravity, then the local fishermen, cowboys and farmhands go fist-to-fist in unarmed combat with them just for shits and giggles.

The locals have wiped oot mair marines than the combined forces of the Argentinian navy and the Imperial Guard.

And you have to love Arbroath fans - they still hae some lads that proudly wear their fake Danny McGrain beards and t-shirts of the legend himself.
When I was about 14 or 15 Dundee played Arbroath in the League Cup.( The year o the Dundee final I think) Me n a few Dundee supporting buddies went to the game on a British Rail football special. The fifteen minute journey to Arbroath was fine. Coming back though was bonkers. It was at the height of the Dundee gangs with the Lochee Fleet and Hulltoon Huns running amok and fighting. The train got wrecked, there was people pulling the emergency stop everytime the train moved. There were people running across the roof o the carriages and people were kicking in windows. It took over 3 hours to get back to Dundee.

Spot on aboot the marines at Condor- a bunch o brutal bastards. Had battles wi them in Tokyo Joes in the eighties. They are banned fae Dundee. So are the soldiers at Leuchars, they are banned fae Dundee as well. They have murdered and raped local women. A Dundee woman just won a civil case after the Police and Army refused to prosecute the soldier who raped her.

Arbroath in the SPL would be fantastic. Not many teams will relish going there in the dead of winter with the icy wind blowing aff the North Sea.

This morning the Aberdeen radio is bleating that Celtic won in controversial style as our winning goal was offside and that player then blocked their defender from getting to Jota. Having seen it again Abada was probably just borderline offside and he did collide with the defender who MAY have gotten across to Jota. But no mention by anyone (except Michael Stewart) that we should have been 3 nil up in the first half as there was nothing wrong with Jota's disallowed goal.

Also, both of their goals came directly from free kicks which should never have been awarded, along with about another half dozen free kicks awarded to them for nothing around the edge of our penalty box.

Apparently a team that gets absolutely battered out of sight for one half of a game who then possibly (at best) edges the other half of the game does not deserve to lose! I would disagree with that statement - even if it was Celtic that was the side that was completely dominated for an entire half of a match (not that any media person would ever say that about us).

Just watched our game on sportscene shows both their free kicks but not the fouls leading up to the free kicks, they must have been really soft to do that
I spotted that too McG. They were dubious free kicks they scored fae, especially the handball for their first goal. We still don’t know why Jotas other goal was disallowed. Was it for a non existent push or a non offside?
Fuck the SFA, Fuck Sevco, Glasgows Green and White

2 goals conceded from set-pieces means the tactical sheepdogs may have figured out defensive vulnerabilities to exploit. Would imagine the goals conceded will be examined and training adapted to prevent future vulnerability. I'm very happy with the result and the fact we gave Aberdeen hope in the second half could bode well for the rest of the season. Broonie and Johnny didn't deserve to be humiliated and the response to their leadership and example might well make Pittodrie a tougher prospect for the blue walkers.

When I was about 14 or 15 Dundee played Arbroath in the League Cup.( The year o the Dundee final I think) Me n a few Dundee supporting buddies went to the game on a British Rail football special. The fifteen minute journey to Arbroath was fine. Coming back though was bonkers. It was at the height of the Dundee gangs with the Lochee Fleet and Hulltoon Huns running amok and fighting. The train got wrecked, there was people pulling the emergency stop everytime the train moved. There were people running across the roof o the carriages and people were kicking in windows. It took over 3 hours to get back to Dundee.

Spot on aboot the marines at Condor- a bunch o brutal bastards. Had battles wi them in Tokyo Joes in the eighties. They are banned fae Dundee. So are the soldiers at Leuchars, they are banned fae Dundee as well. They have murdered and raped local women. A Dundee woman just won a civil case after the Police and Army refused to prosecute the soldier who raped her.

Arbroath in the SPL would be fantastic. Not many teams will relish going there in the dead of winter with the icy wind blowing aff the North Sea.
Was that the 3-1 game when wee Strach scored, Rich? I remember that game, but remember the train trip even more. My big brother was pally wie the HH lads and it was kicking aff everywhere. Think we eventually got aff at Barry Buddon and started walking back to the Ferry for the bus back to toon.

Used to go to Smokey's in the 80's because they wer'nae too fussed on age restrictions. It was great for practicing your breakdancing moves as you needed cat-like reflexes to avoid the flying limbs and vital organs that would be getting launched.

I thought Beez-Neez might have been mair up the marines alleyway, Rich? There was always plenty o' navy cake there for them to get some lovin'

Ha Ha, The fuckin Beez Neez man. Richard Gough was a regular there in his DUFC days. ( I made that up but its totally believable) I had totally forgotten that place existed.
The Arbroath v Dundee game I went to was after Strachan had left. I just looked it up. It was the year of the all Dundee league cup final. They got Arbroath in the first round in August 1980. 2-0 at Dens (Fletcher 2) and 3-0 at Gayfield (McLaren, Fletcher, Sinclair). I have no memory of this Fletcher guy who scored the goals though. The semi-final v Ayr Utd was Stevie Nicholls last game for Ayr Utd before his big move to Liverpool.

Ha Ha, The fuckin Beez Neez man. Richard Gough was a regular there in his DUFC days. ( I made that up but its totally believable) I had totally forgotten that place existed.
The Arbroath v Dundee game I went to was after Strachan had left. I just looked it up. It was the year of the all Dundee league cup final. They got Arbroath in the first round in August 1980. 2-0 at Dens (Fletcher 2) and 3-0 at Gayfield (McLaren, Fletcher, Sinclair). I have no memory of this Fletcher guy who scored the goals though. The semi-final v Ayr Utd was Stevie Nicholls last game for Ayr Utd before his big move to Liverpool.
Mind the reason it lost it's licence was because they were directing (ahem) independent movies of an acquired taste during the daytime. Pretty sure that slightly bigger Dick Gough would gave enjoyed the 'plot' and the 'action' in these types of movies, but I think the polis seized most of the evidence.

I got a sneaky in at Dens for the Ayr game, Rich. Think both of them were in Div 1 at the time, but it was some match. Think they drew at Somerset Park, but it was 3-2 or 4-3 at Dens.

Was that the 3-1 game when wee Strach scored, Rich? I remember that game, but remember the train trip even more. My big brother was pally wie the HH lads and it was kicking aff everywhere. Think we eventually got aff at Barry Buddon and started walking back to the Ferry for the bus back to toon.

Used to go to Smokey's in the 80's because they wer'nae too fussed on age restrictions. It was great for practicing your breakdancing moves as you needed cat-like reflexes to avoid the flying limbs and vital organs that would be getting launched.

I thought Beez-Neez might have been mair up the marines alleyway, Rich? There was always plenty o' navy cake there for them to get some lovin'
Here are some 1980s photos of Dundee that may jog some memories for you and Richy. Not sure if Beez Neez is there (before my time so not sure I want to know too much about it if you suspect Richard Gough went there).

Here are some 1980s photos of Dundee that may jog some memories for you and Richy. Not sure if Beez Neez is there (before my time so not sure I want to know too much about it if you suspect Richard Gough went there).

Hahahaha second fotie is the public toilets at the West Port.......sticky tricky Dickie definitely visited THAT particular lavvie

Back