Celtic Family Unites – ‘We stand behind our Leader – One Neil Lennon’

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24422335 . This scientific paper clearly shows that a goalkeeper should never wear dark colours. Last year at away games Celtic dressed the goalkeeper in grey whilst bright yellow at home. That cost us about 4 goals and two points. If you need further explanation I can provide it. I would have a circular archery target on the goalkeeper jersey. It does not breach the rules.

Last edited:
We used to drink kava when we'd hit fiji, the Ruskys weren't allowed on shore { the 80s communism
still at it's peak )so the aussies would bring it back cook it up and split it with the crew , who would brew there own version of stoly and swap it with others

it would grow hair on yer teeth

I’m actually looking for stuff that removes excess hair from teeth. It’s getting really hard to enjoy mars bars.

CQN, The Celtic Blog, Celts are Here, The Celtic Star, Video Celts, Celtic Underground, Celts from the South, I could go on and on, I've read them all this week. Being a mere Supporter and not a Writer, I have been up and down with my emotions over the signing of Neil Francis Lennon.

For those of you out there, I am a Celtic Man who firmly believes in Celtic Men looking after us. Now I appreciate the more "rounded of you" will consider that a frailty, however did King Billy McNeill have the credentials to make us a powerhouse in Scotland and beyond, no he didn't, but at the time the Centenary Season gave us unbridled success and how we enjoyed it.

The Celtic websites (aforemetioned) have all had their say and I accept there is not 100% backing of NFL, your opinion is valued and noted, however as time has rolled on in the past week, it is comforting to know that every one of these Sites have all got behind NFL as our Manager and for us as Celtic Supporters it makes you proud. We are the most envied supporters in this world, we stand behind our team, we stand behind our Club, we stand behind our Supporters and most of all we stand behind the Faith that to all of us, is Celtic Football Club, GBNL

You can become a Celtic man. Jock Stein, Danny McGrain, Kenny Dalgliesh, Tommy Gemmill, Bertie Auld, to name a few who become us.

My only criteria for either playing for us or managing us is the ability to fill the jersey or managers seat.

I don’t give a monkeys what colour you are, what nationality you are, what religion you were born into, even if you have a tash and 80’s perm and wear flares. Well maybe not the flares, but what matters is the ability to perform.

Neil will get my support. Because I wasn’t happy he got it doesn’t mean I don’t love him. He is in a situation of any loss of a trophy will be written up as s failure. That’s unfair and obviously used by the press to undermine him. The only way to stop that is to keep winning. The only way to keep winning is to be backed. It is wether he will be backed that is causing anxiety, more than his ability to deliver.

It’s over to the board who need to realise standing still, is actually going backward to meet our foes. We have witnessed it these last two seasons. You know what they say about 3rd time lucky. Hopefully Lawell has heard of that too.

You can become a Celtic man. Jock Stein, Danny McGrain, Kenny Dalgliesh, Tommy Gemmill, Bertie Auld, to name a few who become us.

My only criteria for either playing for us or managing us is the ability to fill the jersey or managers seat.

I don’t give a monkeys what colour you are, what nationality you are, what religion you were born into, even if you have a tash and 80’s perm and wear flares. Well maybe not the flares, but what matters is the ability to perform.

Neil will get my support. Because I wasn’t happy he got it doesn’t mean I don’t love him. He is in a situation of any loss of a trophy will be written up as s failure. That’s unfair and obviously used by the press to undermine him. The only way to stop that is to keep winning. The only way to keep winning is to be backed. It is wether he will be backed that is causing anxiety, more than his ability to deliver.

It’s over to the board who need to realise standing still, is actually going backward to meet our foes. We have witnessed it these last two seasons. You know what they say about 3rd time lucky. Hopefully Lawell has heard of that too.

Three transfer windows have been pish tbh.

Its now or never.

And theres a certain je nais se que about a flare you know lol.

First ever post. I live in NZ and have supported Celtic since 1966. I have been fascinated by the polarisation about Neil Lennon. I am a psychotherapist and use that lens to explain the mixed posts above. Let me be clear, I have no inside knowledge of the machinations of the Board. No Board would appoint a manager with the expectation of failure. That makes no financial or football sense. Only a severe pessimist would come to the conclusion that the trophy cabinet will be bare next year. The management team have arranged pre-season matches against an Austrian 4th division team, a third division team, a Swiss Premiership team and the winners of the French Cup who beat PSG. That sounds like a graduated and well planned pre-season. The transfer window has not yet opened. negotiations have begun. Patience is a virtue. Neil Lennon and his coaching team will strive for Celtic to win every match next season. That is my belief. As far as I know that has never been achieved in any league at any time. It's a dream. So was a Triple Treble. Football is about hopes and dreams. We are united in our support for Celtic. Give them your full support and be the 12th man. Do not let them walk alone.
Welcome Fisiani?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24422335 . This scientific paper clearly shows that a goalkeeper should never wear dark colours. Last year at away games Celtic dressed the goalkeeper in grey whilst bright yellow at home. That cost us about 4 goals and two points. If you need further explanation I can provide it. I would have a circular archery target on the goalkeeper jersey. It does not breach the rules.
welcome Fisiani,found this article, which kinda backs up the grey jersey theory.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/manchester-united-grey-kit-1996-10219063

Lars-Eric Unestahl is a Swedish psychologist who has been the team psychologist for about 12 or more Swedish national teams in a variety of sports. Unfortunately most of his research writing is in Swedish but Google translate can be helpful. He carried out an experiment with ice hockey players who wore spectacles with eye movement monitors that indicated where the player was looking. He the showed them a picture of a goalie in the goal. 80% of the players were looking at the goalie. 20% were looking at the spaces around the goalie. It turned out that these players were the top scorers in the league. They hit the puck where they were looking. He then asked the players when next playing to imagine spinning silver disco balls in the 4 corners and the player scoring rate increased. This annoyed the goalkeepers union so they soon appeared wearing bright fluoro jerseys and the players once again fired at the goalie's chest. I heard him give a lecture on this at Banff in Canada and on my return I turned on TV to watch an England v Sweden football match. The BBC commentator laughed at the garish jersey that the Swedish goalkeeper was wearing. He called it a fashion calamity. England were expected to win the game easily. Wayne Rooney et al fired the ball constantly AT the goalie all night and the game ended 0-0. When teams are matched on skill and strength the top two inches are what makes the difference. What is the point in perfect diet and physical training without top Inner Mental Training. I know that Celtic have a team doctor and a team physio but do not know if they have a top sports psychologist. Given what has happened to Leigh I suspect not. Given the last lacklustre Celtic performance at Ibrox I know that do not have such a person. Given the mental health problems of Neil Lennon he needs to learn modern mental wellbeing skills to prevent burnout. American sport really appreciates the vital importance of psychology. Scotland must surely have some young hot shot sports psychologists. Every NBA team has one with a detailed psychological profile of each player. Why do Celtic persist in believing that they do not need one? What is the point in being two footed if the top two inches are sub-optimal underdeveloped real estate. Look at the research. Depression and alcoholism are preventable. They are rife in Scottish football. What a waste of talent.

Lars-Eric Unestahl is a Swedish psychologist who has been the team psychologist for about 12 or more Swedish national teams in a variety of sports. Unfortunately most of his research writing is in Swedish but Google translate can be helpful. He carried out an experiment with ice hockey players who wore spectacles with eye movement monitors that indicated where the player was looking. He the showed them a picture of a goalie in the goal. 80% of the players were looking at the goalie. 20% were looking at the spaces around the goalie. It turned out that these players were the top scorers in the league. They hit the puck where they were looking. He then asked the players when next playing to imagine spinning silver disco balls in the 4 corners and the player scoring rate increased. This annoyed the goalkeepers union so they soon appeared wearing bright fluoro jerseys and the players once again fired at the goalie's chest. I heard him give a lecture on this at Banff in Canada and on my return I turned on TV to watch an England v Sweden football match. The BBC commentator laughed at the garish jersey that the Swedish goalkeeper was wearing. He called it a fashion calamity. England were expected to win the game easily. Wayne Rooney et al fired the ball constantly AT the goalie all night and the game ended 0-0. When teams are matched on skill and strength the top two inches are what makes the difference. What is the point in perfect diet and physical training without top Inner Mental Training. I know that Celtic have a team doctor and a team physio but do not know if they have a top sports psychologist. Given what has happened to Leigh I suspect not. Given the last lacklustre Celtic performance at Ibrox I know that do not have such a person. Given the mental health problems of Neil Lennon he needs to learn modern mental wellbeing skills to prevent burnout. American sport really appreciates the vital importance of psychology. Scotland must surely have some young hot shot sports psychologists. Every NBA team has one with a detailed psychological profile of each player. Why do Celtic persist in believing that they do not need one? What is the point in being two footed if the top two inches are sub-optimal underdeveloped real estate. Look at the research. Depression and alcoholism are preventable. They are rife in Scottish football. What a waste of talent.
Another excellent post. Thanks.

Socrates Maradona George Best Jimmy Johnstone would disagree with your analysis just sayin

Socrates Maradona George Best Jimmy Johnstone would disagree with your analysis just sayin
Thank you for pointing out the exceptions that actually prove the rule. 50 years ago you could get away with just having tanner-ba talent. I agree. I saw them all play. But 2020 is not 1970. Raw talent of one individual is not a team. Football is a team sport. Psychological knowledge has greatly increased in the last half a century. That's a fact. Read Legacy by James Kerr. It's a book about the psychology and team culture of the the greatest sports team the world has ever seen - The All Blacks.
https://blackislegroup.com/legacy-book-review/

Last edited:
Thank you for pointing out the exceptions that actually prove the rule. 50 years ago you could get away with just having tanner-ba talent. I agree. I saw them all play. But 2020 is not 1970. Raw talent of one individual is not a team. Football is a team sport. Psychological knowledge has greatly increased in the last half a century. That's a fact. Read Legacy by James Kerr. It's a book about the psychology and team culture of the the greatest sports team the world has ever seen - The All Blacks.
https://blackislegroup.com/legacy-book-review/
Plenty of booze culture goes on everywhere Alex Ferguson Martin O'Neill Gordon Strachan all encouraged it no booze you lose they believed that it was good for team morale and got to know all players and over a pint you could discuss anything grievances players not pulling there weight and bonds were made and those that drink together win together lose you won't be here it's worked for many successful manager's.

Wow!!! Where to start? My gob has never been so smacked. "they believed it was good for team morale" was that 'belief' based on research or just 'Scottish common sense'. Scotland's boozing culture I can assure you is not ideal. It's appalling.
Let me tell you a true story. I met a young Maori lad of 14 and asked him if smoked or drank. He looked into my eyes, shook his head and said very respectfully. "No Sir. I play rugby league and I want to play for the Kiwis one day. He became the captain of the Kiwis and is now the National coach and has never smoked or drank alcohol. He is truly single minded sports professional.
Did they serve up fish and chips at the boozer also along with the multiple pints?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alf_Tupper
We must live in different worlds.

Wow!!! Where to start? My gob has never been so smacked. "they believed it was good for team morale" was that 'belief' based on research or just 'Scottish common sense'. Scotland's boozing culture I can assure you is not ideal. It's appalling.
Let me tell you a true story. I met a young Maori lad of 14 and asked him if smoked or drank. He looked into my eyes, shook his head and said very respectfully. "No Sir. I play rugby league and I want to play for the Kiwis one day. He became the captain of the Kiwis and is now the National coach and has never smoked or drank alcohol. He is truly single minded sports professional.
Did they serve up fish and chips at the boozer also along with the multiple pints?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alf_Tupper
We must live in different worlds.

Spot on, it's time we got with the programme and that's what Ronny Deila was attempting.
More professionalism needed. ?

Back