Celtic Family Unites – ‘We stand behind our Leader – One Neil Lennon’

The market is tough. If I thought we could get a guy with 100 or more games under the belt playing top end in Holland or Portugal or even Austria I'd think, great. We wont spend 5+mill on a CB unless we think he is bang on the money. Probably cost 10+ to buy in Holland or Portugal these days.

They reckon the board will back for 7 players Moustachio.

Me am not keen on Henderson going out on loan nor Mikey but it did work for Calmac and Christie but im just being selfish
Prob not no, lustig new deal.
Maybe hayes cover at LB.
1 striker.
1 CB.
1 RB.

That would sum up the present board who for me dont get football or how the best European clubs like Ajax or Porto are run.
Admission, 10 makes the job harder cause u cant lose a title, they can.

You can put whatever inference on my post you like, I know what I mean.
So in answer to your questions.
Yes, BR is a better manager than NL, in my opinion. He has managed at a higher level and held his own at that level.
BR brought full houses back to Parkhead. Have you forgotten them closing the upper tier for some games under Ronnie? Thats value.
You mention Sinclair being 'mediocre', I will say in his 1st season he was sensational with a goal tally of 25, not so much the next but still with 18 and less so this season but still with 17 goals. Up there in our squad figures i think.
Paddy Roberts was never going to leave the deal he had with Man City, we could not match it no way. But his inclusion, on loan, was a good deal for us. Not only did he add his own skills and style to the squad he brought competition, and that brought out the best in others, namely JF, and KT.
I'm not saying NL is not good enough, those are your interpretations.
I'm saying I'll wait and see. By that I mean I'll wait and see where this big magic wand is coming from. The one thats going to magically open PL's wallet and hypnotise him into buying some real quality players. Something even BR couldn't do. (McGinn 2.5m)
The one thats going to turn the team into CL qualifiers in 6/7 weeks.
You see i'm looking for evidence this will happen. The last few games have hardly been scintillating football to watch, we've struggled to score not only that we've struggled to create chances. So if that alone changes I'll be more than happy.
AS for savvy, BR was savvy enough to know PL was never going to loosen the purse strings, ever, thats why he fucked off, oh that and a 100% increase in his own wages.
NL MUST know this, he's been there before, so is he not savvy or is he just grateful to get a 2nd chance of managing the biggest team in Scotland?
NL has my backing, but there is a lot of work to be done, so we will all have to wait and see wont we.
HH.

Great post and a fair assessment, to my mind where we are. This isn’t about not liking or even loving Lenny. He has the respect and warmth of our support, as he rightly should. I have said on here that I love the guy. That’s not the same as thinking that’s enough.

He’s a Celtic diehard, but to me that’s not enough. My sons are Celtic diehards, would I give the job to them? No I wouldn’t.

When he came in he was the only choice. I hoped he would do two things, firstly secure the treble and secondly change the way we went about our games. Drop players who were struggling and most of all demand tempo above a dying fly’s heart rate.

He didn’t manage that. His team selection at Ibrox had the effect of everyone I know saying, we are going to get fucked. We did. The selection of Burke and Johnston was madness. Keeping Burke on more than 20minutes was a disaster. I don’t give a single fuck about players fragile emotions being hooked after 20 minutes. He should have acted. He didn’t and left him on for most of the game. That set alarm bells off. He started him against Hearts, and again he was woeful. How many times can you start a player who is woeful? Young Dembelle did more in his first five minutes.

I also remember the latter days of Lenny’s last term where again, watching paint dry was the order of the day.

Lawell said he has an eye for a player. The truth of that is Parks had the eye and he is not there anymore. Lenny didn’t find these players, Parks did.

Of course we will give him support and I fully realise his succeeding will depend upon wether the shitebags on our board actually back him. They have no choice, but we have seen a situation last summer where we had no choice but to recruit and did fuck all. So, I don’t take it as red that they will this time.

Lenny is there now. I always knew he would be, because I know our board. The bottom line is Lenny would not be considered for a job in the upper levels of the Championship. Yet he is in charge of us. Go figure.

I will say this. If in a perfect world you could pick anybody to lead us to ten, apart from myself, it would be Lenny. That doesn’t mean I lose the rationale of his ability to achieve it. Banging on drums and shouting from the rooftops in support of him without reservations is not my thing.

We will need to close ranks and let him get on with it, but, don’t think for a minute all will effortlessly fall into place. It won’t and he needs to get recruitment right. Lawell talks a good game. He always has, but, this appointment by him needs to be matched by his actions. We know Lenny needs to step up to the plate. Lawell needs to ensure when he does the plate isn’t empty.

If we fuck up, it should be Lawell’s Head as much as Lenny’s. He chose him, he needs to back him or he can go fuck himself.

I wish I trusted him. I don’t and that’s down to his dithering, risk averse arse being his most prominent feature for too long.

Good luck to Lenny. He’s going to need it.

And I think both Henderson and MJ need 1st team football. Better than 15 games a season with us.

I know but selfishly they excite you when their on the ball and Henderson is dynamite. Great runner, can make a perfect pass and heads in the right direction ??. MJ watching him on Saturday he can move the ball expertly between both his feet whilst on the move. Nae fear st finishing either.

Just feel its been a while watching players that can excite. Feel the desert drought of tippy tappy insanely boring shit has went on too long.

??

I know but selfishly they excite you when their on the ball and Henderson is dynamite. Great runner, can make a perfect pass and heads in the right direction ??. MJ watching him on Saturday he can move the ball expertly between both his feet whilst on the move. Nae fear st finishing either.

Just feel its been a while watching players that can excite. Feel the desert drought of tippy tappy insanely boring shit has went on too long.

??
I know what u mean. But they both would be better with the games. Both could be the main men if we get to the chase for 11.
So many players on the books the now and so much needs fixed.
Board need to back Neil.
I dont believe he has said yes yet. He must demand money to spend or not take it.

I know what u mean. But they both would be better with the games. Both could be the main men if we get to the chase for 11.
So many players on the books the now and so much needs fixed.
Board need to back Neil.
I dont believe he has said yes yet. He must demand money to spend or not take it.

I know and i do agree with you that it is more likely advantageous to the bhoys themselves

Its hard to forget the boring dross inflicted for so long so am trusting NFL to get the fans as excited watching our bhoys as those kids made us feel.

Where are you getting the 7 players Maria? I hope it’s right but I have my doubts.

Me too pal. But its not a confirmed source.

I was on Celtic News Now an hour ago and it was in an article near the top pal.

Think one was Sutty calling for heavy financial backup but another said PL had agreed to back 7 players for Neil.

But you, i and the garden fence know how reliable some are. ?

He's Manager, not 'our leader'.
An we played shiyte again, in the 1st half. Make no fucking mistake we allowed a team of vastly inferior players take the game and the fucking lead. If Collum hadnt gave that Pen, where the fuck were the goals coming from.
Play like that in the qualifiers in europe and well get fucked, big time. They are a lot better than Hearts who havnt won a game for fucking ages.
Geez peeese.
Be fair m8. It's not his team and the rot set in long before he arrived. Let's also not forget what and eye for a player he has. I mean some of the names being banded around were moonbeam material. Ajax couldn't attract those guys and they made the UCL semis.

Be fair m8. It's ot his team and the rot set in lo g before he arrived. Let's also not forget what and eye for a player he has. I mean some of the names being banded sround were moonbeam material. Ajax couldn't attract those guys and they made the UCL semis.

Parks identified all of the players cited. Not Lenny. Who will find them now he isn’t there? That’s my main issue.

So Lenny didn't have a say at all?

Yeah im sure he was smart and agreed with everything parks told him. He would have been stupid not to, to be fair.

A good manager will always have the correct personnel around them so they can delegate. Many hands make light work and more dedicated focus on the correct task at hand.

I wanted Clarke, but thats out now. I'll happily back NL, but i'm far from convinced can he put his stamp on the squad as quickly and as effectively as BR did. Lets remember, BR brought in Sincy, Moussa, and Paddy Roberts, and went on an invincible run, has NL got those sort of targets on his radar or on his phone contacts when all he's been is at fucking Hibs? I dont think so.
You forgetting the dross Rodgers brought in?
Toljan, Compper, Burke, Gamboa, DeVries, Hendry
Give Lennon a chance to build his own team before judging him. I honestly don’t know where all the negativity towards Lennon has come from.
Was he that bad in his first term as manager? I don’t think he was, personally?

Time will show wether Lawell was right to give the job to Lennon ( if he gets the terms he wants and accepts the job) we support the team regardless . The question over the wage bill rising to however much it is, who are included in this sum my guess knowing our board is everyone that works for the club in whatever capacity and not just playing staff that includes Lawell's big wage and in the last term the club agreed to pay the living wage which might not be a vast difference but it all adds up. The big wage bill cuts into the bonuses and dividends paid out hence the reason the board will want the wage bill reduced. Will be surprised if Lennon gets what he wants transfer wise

Back