Celtic Family Unites – ‘We stand behind our Leader – One Neil Lennon’

Parks identified all of the players cited. Not Lenny. Who will find them now he isn’t there? That’s my main issue.
Am I wrong in thinking that it was McGuinness (working under Park) who found the best of those players? McGuinness is in a dead end job in USA. I say bring them both back.

How many players are away in the summer?
DeVries. Lustig. Gamboa. Toljan. Izzy. Boyata. Benckovic. Commper.
Prob Miller and Ralston.
That's just the back line.
Unfortunately NOT Compper.... he will continue to steal a wage for another year I think. Well done that team of Rodgers and Congerton

Its dead easy, NL has said, repeatedly, "I have allowed the players to continue playing the way BR instilled in them", so therefore, how can he claim any credit?

In fairness, he had to make all the key decisions in the wake of BR leaving like a thief in the night. He had to keep things together. Who else could've done that? John Kennedy and Damien Duff? I have my severe doubts, without slagging off either. Especially Duff, who was thrown in right at the deep end after just coming to the club. The players needed a leader after losing their mentor - even his most vociferous detractors could not deny that Lenny is a leader. I give him credit for that. Given the nature of football, I think Lenny did an amazing job.

That's not to say that he's above criticism. The most worrying thing about his entire tenure since the previous manager abandoned our club and his team is the defeat at Ibrox - not because he lost the game, but because of the tactical blunders that compounded the deficiencies of our psychologically ailing squad. That stuff worries me more than the perfectly understandable drop in form.

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2019/05/...ild-needed-at-celtic-is-being-over-estimated/

Here we fucking go. Didn’t take bonus ball long to fuck up our hopes.

Given Lenny literally said more than once our squad needs a rebuild, this is yet more odd behaviour from Lawwell. I think it's semantics, personally. I'm not any kind of apologist for Lawwell, he lives in an entirely different world than me, but if you look at what he says he makes the point that we have a core of good players. I think that's true. And he says he'll back the manager in bringing in players in area we need to strengthen. One could call that a rebuild. Lawwell chooses not to for whatever reason. I don't think it's even fathomable that we have a transfer window like last year.

Given Lenny literally said more than once our squad needs a rebuild, this is yet more odd behaviour from Lawwell. I think it's semantics, personally. I'm not any kind of apologist for Lawwell, he lives in an entirely different world than me, but if you look at what he says he makes the point that we have a core of good players. I think that's true. And he says he'll back the manager in bringing in players in area we need to strengthen. One could call that a rebuild. Lawwell chooses not to for whatever reason. I don't think it's even fathomable that we have a transfer window like last year.

Then he should just have said we will do what needs to be done. His immediate focus was on how little we need to do. We have a core of good players. We do have a core of good players but if anybody is saying we don't need at least five then they haven't been watching us. We need to replace at least four and its clear that core group aren't good enough in Europe, so two at least there too. I have more issues with Laweel than I will ever have for King. He's a total ambitionless cunt, more interested in having a balance sheet that triggers his obscene bonus. I fear for us with this tight arse at the helm. We didn't have a transfer window last year. Thats the problem. He let McGinn, who is right now playing well for Villa, slips through his fat fingers by being a cunt and here we are, two days after the TT and he's pissing on an already dubious parade by hiring a yes man then stating we don't have much to do. Lenny was quoted as saying we need three players. If thats what he thinks he's even less qualified to take over than I thought. and I thought he should never get it from the off.Same old fucking Celtic, run by shitebags.

As I say, I'm not interested in apologising for Lawwell, but he did say that we have to be stronger and that the manager will be backed in the transfer market. Look, Lawwell is his own worst enemy when it comes to this stuff, as he's broken promises before. He reminds me of some fucking New Labour type. I don't like the entire culture of the boardroom at Celtic. But he's not as bad as the criminal Dave King, a man who made his money during apartheid in SA and who is a convicted fraudster. We're lucky not to be in the hands of such a person.

As I say, I'm not interested in apologising for Lawwell, but he did say that we have to be stronger and that the manager will be backed in the transfer market. Look, Lawwell is his own worst enemy when it comes to this stuff, as he's broken promises before. He reminds me of some fucking New Labour type. I don't like the entire culture of the boardroom at Celtic. But he's not as bad as the criminal Dave King, a man who made his money during apartheid in SA and who is a convicted fraudster. We're lucky not to be in the hands of such a person.

I don't care about king. He can do nothing to derail us. lawed already has with his no show last summer nearly costing us the treble. He cost us £60m+ by allowing us to go into the CL qualifiers with too many duds. Hendry being the main culprit, but not alone. And here he goes again, preparing us for less than we deserve. Im not surprised he's a shitebag and will not do what needs to be done.

First off congratulations to Lenny and the Bhoys for securing the treble treble and making history, they achieved something special which is unlikely to ever be repeated. It looked like we may just let it slip there for a while but in the end the bhoys got over the line and wrote their name into Celtic folklore.

As for Lenny getting the job, well he wasn't my first choice as manager but he's now got the job on a full time basis and from here on in he'll have my full support and backing for what it's worth.

It's been a great couple of days (hangovers aside) and I'm going to continue basking in this treble treble for a long time yet.

Hail Hail to the History Bhoys!

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2019/05/...ild-needed-at-celtic-is-being-over-estimated/

Reading that verdict, it seemed to me he was saying we dont need a complete overhaul, that we have a good core there.

I think thats true ajer tierney calmac forrest brown

But he said he would strengthen.

I dont think we need 100% overhaul. Who does? Where is he getting this from?

We all want great players in to strengthen our team for another campaign.

I am wondering if he is at it

Reading that verdict, it seemed to me he was saying we dont need a complete overhaul, that we have a good core there.

I think thats true ajer tierney calmac forrest brown

But he said he would strengthen.

I dont think we need 100% overhaul. Who does? Where is he getting this from?

We all want great players in to strengthen our team for another campaign.

I am wondering if he is at it

1 BR is a better manager.

What financial figures are you using when comparing your managers? Or do you ignore finance and base your stuff on results on park only?

Either way Lennon wins under both conditions if statistics are important. Therefore it may be the Aesthetics you like under Razzamatazz Rodgers, but like all the top managers in the subsidised leagues they get mega millions from sources that Celtic do not which helps attract those higher quality players needed to perform the top level football.

2 Sinclair

Love Sinclair, his first season he was dynamite.

Only reason I mentioned Sinclair is you mentioned that is what rodgers can bring to your team. No no no. Money can bring that to your team. And Ronnie done such a good job with spotting talent that club had millions they actually earned to afford the gamble on a Sinclair. Which in first season paid dividends for entertainment, but has been less than attractive on eye since, although still great contributor to goals scored despite not hitting heights. But my point ws you give Rodgers credit for money earned by other managers to sign Sinclair but blame Lennon for not getting him playing the way he played way back.

3 Rodgers Brought full houses back to Celtic

Sevco fans insist the reason Celtic couldn't fill stadium is because there was no competition.
You are claiming it was rodgers. I would say both have a dimension in the crowds. But again it was the anticipation of signing higher quality players added to the quality that Ronnie and lennon before had acquired on cheap. It turned out that other than the financial anomaly of Dembele available to Scottish clubs at discount that added value under rodgers. Rodgers was the experiment to see if the spending massive amounts on so called higher quality big name players actually could add value by being more valuable despite coming to Scotland. With the exception of Dembele I doubt a single Signing by Rodgers the Liar has more value than his purchase price, despite a massive hyper inflation in prices in the time he been here, in subsidised markets everybody has multiplied in price if they get game every other week.

So yes Rodgers helped bring back bigger crowds, but the lack of external subsidisation is such a hammer blow to Celtic competitive edge in Europe means that even Rodgers big name players were absolutely average. You have extreme contempt in your tone for Lawell and Lennon, but describe Rodgers (a complete and utter money grabbing lying bastard) as savvy. yet haven't addressed your logic or you unprovoked venom.

4 Paddy Roberts

I love the wee guy. But lets remember he was a Ronnie loan, mind that guy you don't rate.

The loan was good for club in your opinion. But you give the credit to rodgers????

You castigate Lawell for not getting him signed but also claim he was never going to sign on less than his Man City wages.

So Lawell is plank but Rodgers is god despite Ronnie signing Roberts and Lawell trying to get the player to sign under terms that club could afford. We know rodgers couldn't give shit about wage budgets, he doubled Celtics in 2 years by full 30 million every season. Did he add 30 million per season to help pay these bills? No he didn't actually add very much financially other than play well on park with mostly Ronnie dials signings. All the signing by Rodgers that blew wages out the water were often bit parts or cost much more than they added to the team.

5 Miracle of better players

You are holding your breath on miracle of better players. Money buys better players. Not miracles. But if you are throwing money down the pan buying better players like Rodgers did and all subsidised managers in big leagues do, but get away with it through mega million pound subsidy from tv rights, then these managers appear to be able to attract better players, No No No its money that attracts the players mostly.

Celtic can't afford to waste money on overpriced players. They have no subsidy to bail them out. So the manager needs to be able to spot talent which is underpriced. Something Rodgers and very few big name managers can do. The fact they play better football is more down to the standard of player they have available. But to be available these clubs have massive advantage in that they can make lots of mistakes in buying and still continue to operate.

Celtic don't have that luxury.

They must add value.

While Roberts added value on pitch he blew value out water off it. If you sanction his massive wage then surely Forrest gets same wage at least?

Your simplistic view of the role Lawell plays with its contempt without prudence or temperance, and then your moving gaol posts and suggesting people are reading things you do not mean is contemptible in itself.

Lennon is a top manager. fact.

Based on his track record with limited funds and the placing he achieved under the circumstances he worked under. He signs good competent players most from left field who are long term hits. Something rodgers can only do occasionally without a value destruction make over.

You are looking for miracles from Lennon and tats your basis for his stewardship. Te reason Celtic are in this tricky situation that requires Lennon to perform miracles is the lack of value added by Rodgers.
Now you blame Lawell. I blame rodgers. Why was Lawell adds value off the field always, Rodgers doesn't even add value on the field most of the time when he is wasting mega millions sub standard players.

In conclusion

You have not addressed the subsidy problem
You have not addressed the lack of operating income available to fund better player wages
You have blamed Lawell for these problems based on hearsay and missinformation
You credit rodgers despite him being a complete tool who caused most f the players to throw dolls out pram.
You insinuate that Lennon is a cheap option (therefore a bad) when you failed to address the better options and what they can bring to Celtic.

You are full of doom and gloom despite celtic winning 3 trebles on bounce. Mostly with Ronnie dials signings but some pre Ronnie and Lennon.

Ronnie added massive value on pitch but wasn't so good at gelling them but he added that value especially to Tierney.

I don't think Rodgers would ever have played Tierney had Ronnie not done hi magic on him.

You point out crowds at Parkhead don't turn up for Ronnie. Just goes to show how superficial some of our own support can be when they don't have a conman in the dugout.

I loved every single celtic manager.

Until I became certain rodgers was the problem. and he proved he was the problem in his first address to Leicester.

Even mowbray has more respect in my eyes than Rodgers. Why? Coz glib and superficial shameless liars don't belong in paradise.

Last edited:
Back