Celtic or religion or politics?

So now I'm a hun and shit stirrer? Please get a grip. I post it how i see it and if you disagree that's fine. I don't lose any sleep and stand by what i have said. I'm not a sheep and mindlessly follow others. Maybe that's my problem.
HH?

Stevie I have no problem with you posting your views, especially if thats how you see it.

Celtic is open to all.

You quite rightly talk about free speech.

There are many different reasons to support Celtic. All are welcome to voice their opinions, in he context of free speech.

You may have strong opinions but when your free speech impacts or comes across as telling others thier free speech should be dimmed because it doesnt fit in with your opinions then that becomes a bit problematic.

I love to hear different opinions. I love Maria and her heart on the sleave, sometimes a bit cutting but always with passion and usually she has her reasons.

I always find it strange when people talk about keeping religion and politics out of football. Since religion and politics are in everything. Your religion and politics are your own personal thing. Some people get offended when religion and politics come up in topics. But like you said free speech and opinions are allowed on any topic.

Now Celtic are open to all. Always have been.

Justso happens that certain politics and religions arent welcome be all in society. So the fact Celtic have never had a set religion or politics makes them home to many religions and politics.

I dont think its possible to remove religion or politics from football, because they are very close to the hearts of most people.

Even the people who claim they dont giv eshit bout religion or politics have in fact just made a political and religious statement.

Atheism, paganism, witchcraft and all the more widely known religions are religions.
Yes I diod say atheism was a religion. Because it quite clearly is a religion. And its also a political statement.

You dont think the soviet Union was political or religious?

I can assure you Stalin was an archsociopath who made himself absolute ruler of his kingdom and was worshipped as aGod through fear.

Atheism is politics whether you realise it or not.

Therefore without realising it. Your opening thread is both politcial and religious in my opinion.

Should I have the right to tell you to keep your religion and politics away from celtic.

Human beings have freewill
The Celtic I know and love allows me to express my freewill anyway I like.

I was an atheist for many years but my education and searching to discredit religious people actually lead me to become Catholic. I was born Catholic but teenager i thought it was load of crap. As young adult I mocked Catholics as idiots, then one day I took interest in History and looked into the claims of atheists I liked to help prove escpecially Catholicism to be utter tripe. But I came across a history that doesnt get the light of day.

The modern world thinks its intelligent because its technology but you read the ancient great minds and books you find they thought much deeper than we do.

When i read the confessions of Saint Augustine I was amazed. He was anti Catholic and the although he was around year 400Ad the depth of his thinking is astounding. And he met a Bloke called St Ambrose of Milan. Now it just so happens they are both now Doctors of the Catholic chruch. And i think there are 35 or so in total.

I challenge anyone to read the works of these doctors of the church then decide they are anti religious.

Not only where these men all for freedom of speech, they encountered every single so called modern point of view and they crushed those errors with reason.

Some of the doctors of the church are very famous names some are not. And in my opinion they all blow neitche and modern enlightenment movements to smitherenes.

Now you may say what is that to do with Celtic.

Nought. It was you who brought it up by making a policital and religious statement, and i decided to offer you my opinion on the matter.

Thats the Celtic I know and love. I am religious and political. But in your own way Stevie you are religious and political even though you claim your arent.

I dont care if your a jew a muslim a protestant or a whatever, as far as im concerned you ahve the right to follow celtic just like me.

My opinions are my opinions and as Celtic fan I feel I have the right to express my opinions on whatever I like.

Stevie I have no problem with you posting your views, especially if thats how you see it.

Celtic is open to all.

You quite rightly talk about free speech.

There are many different reasons to support Celtic. All are welcome to voice their opinions, in he context of free speech.

You may have strong opinions but when your free speech impacts or comes across as telling others thier free speech should be dimmed because it doesnt fit in with your opinions then that becomes a bit problematic.

I love to hear different opinions. I love Maria and her heart on the sleave, sometimes a bit cutting but always with passion and usually she has her reasons.

I always find it strange when people talk about keeping religion and politics out of football. Since religion and politics are in everything. Your religion and politics are your own personal thing. Some people get offended when religion and politics come up in topics. But like you said free speech and opinions are allowed on any topic.

Now Celtic are open to all. Always have been.

Justso happens that certain politics and religions arent welcome be all in society. So the fact Celtic have never had a set religion or politics makes them home to many religions and politics.

I dont think its possible to remove religion or politics from football, because they are very close to the hearts of most people.

Even the people who claim they dont giv eshit bout religion or politics have in fact just made a political and religious statement.

Atheism, paganism, witchcraft and all the more widely known religions are religions.
Yes I diod say atheism was a religion. Because it quite clearly is a religion. And its also a political statement.

You dont think the soviet Union was political or religious?

I can assure you Stalin was an archsociopath who made himself absolute ruler of his kingdom and was worshipped as aGod through fear.

Atheism is politics whether you realise it or not.

Therefore without realising it. Your opening thread is both politcial and religious in my opinion.

Should I have the right to tell you to keep your religion and politics away from celtic.

Human beings have freewill
The Celtic I know and love allows me to express my freewill anyway I like.

I was an atheist for many years but my education and searching to discredit religious people actually lead me to become Catholic. I was born Catholic but teenager i thought it was load of crap. As young adult I mocked Catholics as idiots, then one day I took interest in History and looked into the claims of atheists I liked to help prove escpecially Catholicism to be utter tripe. But I came across a history that doesnt get the light of day.

The modern world thinks its intelligent because its technology but you read the ancient great minds and books you find they thought much deeper than we do.

When i read the confessions of Saint Augustine I was amazed. He was anti Catholic and the although he was around year 400Ad the depth of his thinking is astounding. And he met a Bloke called St Ambrose of Milan. Now it just so happens they are both now Doctors of the Catholic chruch. And i think there are 35 or so in total.

I challenge anyone to read the works of these doctors of the church then decide they are anti religious.

Not only where these men all for freedom of speech, they encountered every single so called modern point of view and they crushed those errors with reason.

Some of the doctors of the church are very famous names some are not. And in my opinion they all blow neitche and modern enlightenment movements to smitherenes.

Now you may say what is that to do with Celtic.

Nought. It was you who brought it up by making a policital and religious statement, and i decided to offer you my opinion on the matter.

Thats the Celtic I know and love. I am religious and political. But in your own way Stevie you are religious and political even though you claim your arent.

I dont care if your a jew a muslim a protestant or a whatever, as far as im concerned you ahve the right to follow celtic just like me.

My opinions are my opinions and as Celtic fan I feel I have the right to express my opinions on whatever I like.
TET i have nothing against you and value your opinions. You're obviously a well educated and articulate person. It seems I'm classed as a "hun" for having an opinion by others. Water off a ducks back. Have a great day pal.
HH?

Reactions: TET
I dont think your a hun Stevie.

I think your way of thinking has similarities to the arguments that Huns make.

Remember Huns were very similar to Soviets and the French revolution dudes, they murdered for fun then from thier midst the arch sociopath appears trying to impose his views on the world.

They always start off as defenders of the freedoms of the people then chain them with even worse set of laws and rigid rules.

Cromwell although protestant was really no different to Napoleon or lenin.

They all claim that catholicsim in particular is evil then set out to exterminate catholics under the banner of the people.

Then usually impose an evolution type scenario where the master race will prevail with Man as the new God and the most powerful man being the God of the new system.

Now I dont think your like that at all Stevie.

Celtic is an outlet for some people to escape the real world. Some people love only the football it becvomes thier religion in a sense. Other see it as part of the real world.

It takes all views to have a healthy society.

But hun clubs are not healthy for that very reason. They impose thier worldview on everybody and they hate anything that doesnt pat thier hubris on the back.

Huns are narcisists who believe they are the master race. I have yet to meet any real hun who didnt hate what he refused to undertsand.

Last edited:
Troll Alert Troll Alert. I have been puzzled by a few of SB67 posts, but I believe this just confirms what I was thinking. If you are a Tim stop pontificating on the free speech of others. Is it just one of those sad @rseholes who has went to the trouble of creating a profile and building trust and confidence before starting to pepper posts with h@n sh@te, then away and get a life son. You're only embarrassing yourself.

Nailed it!

And there very well may be a tag team in action too methinks

Nailed it!

And there very well may be a tag team in action too methinks

You may well be right.

But I think it sometimes brings good debate to the table when the more controvertial threads appear. If the so called trolls put up an interesting argument then sometimes it brings out some better counter arguments for the complete opposite opinion.

Deep down I dont think Stevie is troll.

I dont smell the viscious Hun scent.

I may be wrong. Remmeber the power of the MSM they can and do distract people with thier bias to sometimes fall into thier deliberate propaganda.

And maybe it allows to other side of the coin to get an airing with reasoned debate which doesnt really get much chance in MSM.

I hope your not a Hun troll Stevie.

But I hope you can see why some people might think you could be.

There seems to be the same pattern with shite stirrers. They won't/can't engage with you directly. I've actually noticed this in the past on other sites when having and argument with a Hun. They just can't bring themselves to converse directly with you. You may have just unknowingly uncovered something Maria!

Walk me through what you consider to be shit stirrers. Can you give me an example of what that means? Is it stuff you don’t agree with, is it criticism of stuff you do agree with? What exactly is it?

I hope people on our sites are truthful about who they are and what they believe and if they do that, then who died and made anybody the arbitrar of all things Celtic?

Now, take me, I fucking hate all the Provo songs being continually sung. I don’t think they inspire the team. I say that clearly and I call out Republican credentials of those who think this is ok. No cunt will tell me I am not a Celtic man for this.

I tend to not like people calling others Huns, unless it’s absolutely obvious, but if you call them that because they don’t agree with you, who the fuck are they to determine what goes? I call these types self appointed Superfans.

Being critical of the team, the board, the fans is absolutely fine if you argue from a point of why you feel that way. It may and dies ruffle the plumage of some, big deal.

You have the right to a view and should always hold your ground, no matter how many pile in to back each other up against you.

People then question if you’re a hun, as happened to me, well that says more about their intolerance about me because their particular bubble of Celtic and what it stands for is not shared.

Because people criticise Celtic, the Provos, the fans, doesn’t mean you’re not a Celtic fan. It means we don’t all sing from the same script. We sing from our script. And if somebody doesn’t agree with my script or anybody else’s, that’s their right. But it’s also mine to look at their view and think that’s a lot of romantic bollocks if I choose. Which I do.

Stevie might be the top man in the OO for all I know, I doubt it, but he may be. I would wonder why he would bother his arse, but, I suppose it happens.

Always remember because you or I might think someone is talkibgvshit, it stirring shut, it might be our problem of lack of tolerance for any views we don’t share that’s the problem.

Nobody on here or any other Fucking place you care to mention will tell me I am not a diehard Celtic man. And if they do, they can go fuck themselves.

Let’s accept our own views aren’t shared by all. And I’m fine with that. I argue with my own brothers about certain stuff, that doesn’t make them huns. It makes them daft for not agreeing with me. :)

Chill out and HH.

There's more than Huns that troll Celtic sites.

The SMSM are always trying to stir up controversy and elicit a bad news Celtic story and Level 5 are always trying hard to drive the narrative to the betterment of the Huns. Paid trolls if you like.

So they don't all necessarily have to be card carrying Huns although no doubt many are. All allegedly of course.

The SMSM are always trying to stir up controversy and elicit a bad news Celtic story and Level 5 are always trying hard to drive the narrative to the betterment of the Huns. Paid trolls if you like.

So they don't all necessarily have to be card carrying Huns although no doubt many are. All allegedly of course.

I agree with that wholeheartedly

The failure of MSM to produce proper objective news, especially in sport in Glasgow is a serious agenda. And I suspect the underlying problem is the secret society agenda people.

The failure of MSM to produce proper objective news, especially in sport in Glasgow is a serious agenda. And I suspect the underlying problem is the secret society agenda people.

Yes that plays a big part.

There's also the fact they pander to their biggest demographic and then there's the hold Level 5 have over the SMSM which imo is more sinister and may be partly due to past indiscretions being kept under wraps as long as a particular narrative is followed obediently. Allegedly.

Whilst everyone agrees that freedom of speech is allowed regardless of what the posters views are and if they are genuine tims. To those who wish to take the moral high fround and state Ireland and its fight has no place at football, then i would disagree for the club we follow was built on Irish freedoms and to ensure that it willhappen and if it means the clergy has to wade into the other side of the battle and get their hands dirty then by God they will.
So the next time you visit Brothers Walfrids gaff have a think about this attachment and make no bones about it the irish were left to rot in Glasgow and would be if it was not for the movement.

Untitled.png

Typhus and Cholera
There were Typhus epidemics (“Irish Fever”) in Glasgow in 1832, 1837, 1847 and 1851-52. Cholera epidemics took hold in 1832, 1848-49, and 1853-54 and a Relapsing Fever epidemic was recorded in 1843.
Causes of Fever Epidemics
Overcrowding into tiny flats without sanitation was trouble waiting to flare up. The River Clyde was not only the source of drinking water, but it was also the bathing area and the sewer. 1848 saw a major cholera epidemic, but that left the clergy untouched this time, though the same cannot be said for the people.
The City Fathers were moved to begin the Loch Katrine project to bring fresh drinking water to the city.
Burial Vault
Underneath the Sacred Heart Chapel is the crypt of Saint Mary’s. Until Saint Andrew’s Cathedral added a crypt in 1980 which renovated in 1999, Saint Mary’s was the only church in the Archdiocese to have a crypt.
Bishop Scott was first to be buried in the crypt in 1846. In 1847 the crypt was opened no less than four or five times to receive the remains of assistant priests in the parish who had died in the fever epidemic of that year.There are fifteen coffins there.
Typhus was known (somewhat unkindly) as Irish Fever. Several of the priests who died in Saint Mary’s in the 1847 outbreak had come here from Ireland to serve the people of Glasgow.

I like this site. I like it because, unlike CQN for instance, you can look at the title of a thread and decide if you want to read it. Sometimes the title puts you off but you go ahead and read it anyway. You may then read the comments and end up putting a comment yourself if you dont agree with someone. I try not to, but sometimes you just get carried away. Sometimes there is the person that really MUST have the last word. Ive seen it on CQN many times. (Please god don't mention the referendum, shit I just did) What I'm clumsily trying to say is, look at the subject, if its not for you, choose another, but don't tell people they can't have different opinions to you.
If you've ever read the absolute insanity and sheer absence of any kind of logic or lack of self awareness that calls its self the bears den you will know. Those 'people' are just so unlike us its like another species. I don't for a minute think one of them could infiltrate us before getting sussed very quickly, they can't help themselves.
So HH Stevie67, I may not agree with you all you say, but I'll fight for your right to say it.

Whilst everyone agrees that freedom of speech is allowed regardless of what the posters views are and if they are genuine tims. To those who wish to take the moral high fround and state Ireland and its fight has no place at football, then i would disagree for the club we follow was built on Irish freedoms and to ensure that it willhappen and if it means the clergy has to wade into the other side of the battle and get their hands dirty then by God they will.
So the next time you visit Brothers Walfrids gaff have a think about this attachment and make no bones about it the irish were left to rot in Glasgow and would be if it was not for the movement.

View attachment 419

I know where we come from, but I listen to the Irish national teams fans and they don’t sing these songs. Are they not Irish? You if anybody thinks that singing the BBB makes them more Irish, or more proud of their heritage I find that ludicrous

Was Brother Walfrid a Provo? Is that all that defines Ireland and the Irish? Is that it? Why don’t we sing about the writers. The poets? The singers? The people?

Why do some people think it’s the IRA and your support of them or singing endless Fucking songs about filling holsters that defines Ireland? Or your live if it and it’s people?

It doesn’t. I think that’s an insult to them. They don’t wallow in the Troubles. There is much more to celebrate about Ireland than the IRA.

I like this site. I like it because, unlike CQN for instance, you can look at the title of a thread and decide if you want to read it. Sometimes the title puts you off but you go ahead and read it anyway. You may then read the comments and end up putting a comment yourself if you dont agree with someone. I try not to, but sometimes you just get carried away. Sometimes there is the person that really MUST have the last word. Ive seen it on CQN many times. (Please god don't mention the referendum, shit I just did) What I'm clumsily trying to say is, look at the subject, if its not for you, choose another, but don't tell people they can't have different opinions to you.
If you've ever read the absolute insanity and sheer absence of any kind of logic or lack of self awareness that calls its self the bears den you will know. Those 'people' are just so unlike us its like another species. I don't for a minute think one of them could infiltrate us before getting sussed very quickly, they can't help themselves.
So HH Stevie67, I may not agree with you all you say, but I'll fight for your right to say it.
Thanks for your input and a bit of sanity pal. I'm accused of being a hun, a shit stirrer and a troll. Tbh I've no idea of the definition of a troll lol. A Celt till i die.
HH?

If you want to come for me stevie just come be upfront about it.

I think your a hun. You have hun ethics and condone and justify blaming neil lennon now your banging on about religion.

Away n get your head checked its clearly roasted
well said that ghirl ! fink stevies being mixing with e wrong types ,beating at same drum for days noo ! wonder if he plays a flute anaw

I know where we come from, but I listen to the Irish national teams fans and they don’t sing these songs. Are they not Irish? You if anybody thinks that singing the BBB makes them more Irish, or more proud of their heritage I find that ludicrous

Was Brother Walfrid a Provo? Is that all that defines Ireland and the Irish? Is that it? Why don’t we sing about the writers. The poets? The singers? The people?

Why do some people think it’s the IRA and your support of them or singing endless Fucking songs about filling holsters that defines Ireland? Or your live if it and it’s people?

It doesn’t. I think that’s an insult to them. They don’t wallow in the Troubles. There is much more to celebrate about Ireland than the IRA.

Was the provos, provos before the English came and destroyed their lives.Do you think an agressor will leave if he is met with no resistance,is songs not merely victory songs asin military tunes why do we have Edinburgh military tattoos remembering the soldiers and the battle cries. And yes there is a lot of celebrating Irishness if only they all shared the same freedom.

well said that ghirl ! fink stevies being mixing with e wrong types ,beating at same drum for days noo ! wonder if he plays a flute anaw
I think you've joined the wrong site pal. The knuckle draggers have plenty of sites that would make you feel at home.
HH?

Members online

Back