Celtic or religion or politics?

I know where we come from, but I listen to the Irish national teams fans and they don’t sing these songs. Are they not Irish? You if anybody thinks that singing the BBB makes them more Irish, or more proud of their heritage I find that ludicrous

Was Brother Walfrid a Provo? Is that all that defines Ireland and the Irish? Is that it? Why don’t we sing about the writers. The poets? The singers? The people?

Why do some people think it’s the IRA and your support of them or singing endless Fucking songs about filling holsters that defines Ireland? Or your live if it and it’s people?

It doesn’t. I think that’s an insult to them. They don’t wallow in the Troubles. There is much more to celebrate about Ireland than the IRA.
You are forgetting one important thing. The Irish in the the South had the luxury of being allowed to be just that, Irish and Catholic, or Protestant or any other religion or not as the case may be. Oh they were allowed to vote too. So while some might have 'moved on' as the saying goes today. Their fellow Irish Catholics were being subjected to beatings, murders and brutality by the Protestant and British overlords. For the 'crime' of being just that, Irish and Catholic.

Walk me through what you consider to be shit stirrers. Can you give me an example of what that means? Is it stuff you don’t agree with, is it criticism of stuff you do agree with? What exactly is it?

I hope people on our sites are truthful about who they are and what they believe and if they do that, then who died and made anybody the arbitrar of all things Celtic?

Now, take me, I fucking hate all the Provo songs being continually sung. I don’t think they inspire the team. I say that clearly and I call out Republican credentials of those who think this is ok. No cunt will tell me I am not a Celtic man for this.

I tend to not like people calling others Huns, unless it’s absolutely obvious, but if you call them that because they don’t agree with you, who the fuck are they to determine what goes? I call these types self appointed Superfans.

Being critical of the team, the board, the fans is absolutely fine if you argue from a point of why you feel that way. It may and dies ruffle the plumage of some, big deal.

You have the right to a view and should always hold your ground, no matter how many pile in to back each other up against you.

People then question if you’re a hun, as happened to me, well that says more about their intolerance about me because their particular bubble of Celtic and what it stands for is not shared.

Because people criticise Celtic, the Provos, the fans, doesn’t mean you’re not a Celtic fan. It means we don’t all sing from the same script. We sing from our script. And if somebody doesn’t agree with my script or anybody else’s, that’s their right. But it’s also mine to look at their view and think that’s a lot of romantic bollocks if I choose. Which I do.

Stevie might be the top man in the OO for all I know, I doubt it, but he may be. I would wonder why he would bother his arse, but, I suppose it happens.

Always remember because you or I might think someone is talkibgvshit, it stirring shut, it might be our problem of lack of tolerance for any views we don’t share that’s the problem.

Nobody on here or any other Fucking place you care to mention will tell me I am not a diehard Celtic man. And if they do, they can go fuck themselves.

Let’s accept our own views aren’t shared by all. And I’m fine with that. I argue with my own brothers about certain stuff, that doesn’t make them huns. It makes them daft for not agreeing with me. :)

Chill out and HH.
I can walk you through what my definition of a shit stirrer is quite easily. For example, the thread that was started about poppies directly after Celtic put in a brilliant performance against Dundee. This thread was started by someone using the name monkee. Interestingly he/she hasn't been seen since. Since then their profile has been removed along with all previous posts. That to me was 100% a shit stirrer. I'm not or ever have accused you or stevie as either a shit stirrer or a Hun. If I have I didn't mean to.
It's also very strange that a couple days after the debate on the poppy thread was in full swing, that an article appeared online, with a lot of the same topic/opinion/rhetoric. To me that is no coincidence.
I know what your views are, you've emphasised them many times, as I probably have mine. You have your reasons for your opinion as have I. I have no problem with you or anyone else on this board and maybe my opinions come across as strong or abrasive. I don't really know any other way, I have to say what I think. If you Knew me, you would know, most of the time I'm a messer and a wind up merchant. It's just certain topics I feel very passionate about. That doesn't mean I don't respect your opinions.
As far as the chill out comment, believe me, there is no one I know more chilled out than me. There is one thing we will all agree on though, we live and breath Celtic!
HH!

Last edited:
I know where we come from, but I listen to the Irish national teams fans and they don’t sing these songs. Are they not Irish? You if anybody thinks that singing the BBB makes them more Irish, or more proud of their heritage I find that ludicrous

Was Brother Walfrid a Provo? Is that all that defines Ireland and the Irish? Is that it? Why don’t we sing about the writers. The poets? The singers? The people?

Why do some people think it’s the IRA and your support of them or singing endless Fucking songs about filling holsters that defines Ireland? Or your live if it and it’s people?

It doesn’t. I think that’s an insult to them. They don’t wallow in the Troubles. There is much more to celebrate about Ireland than the IRA.

Was brother walfrid a provo?

I doubt he was a provo since Provo is modern version of IRA.

Did walfrid feed people who would be sympathetic to the modern provo movement I think he probably did.

I doubt the IRA songs would have survived had the Irish people not been forcibly divided and then treated like a sub species if they were holding to catholicism right up to modern era.

There are many songs that dont include holster that get sung at parkhead with tales of the people sof ireland.

I dont think many people think think that IRA defines Ireland.

There is much more to Ireland to celebrate but why are you so against the singing of BBB and other old IRA songs. Wouldnt you just not sing along if you dont like it?

Do the people singing the songs enjoy the songs? If so why are you against them singing those p[articular songs.

Dont they have the right to sing songs that they feel is appropriate, and if they arent appropriate why arent they appropriate. And is that a minority opinion? And even if its a massive majority opinion does that mean rthe minoroty who do want to sing those songs should be shunned?

Now yopu might not like the provo movement, thats allowed, you may not like thier way of working, thats allowed.

But the provos and the IRA arent quite thye same thing in my mind.

And even then there are still some who feel they were justified in thier tactics. Should they not be allowed to support Celtic. And if they are allowed to support Celtic are hey not allowed to sing whatever they like at the games?

If the songs have heinous lyrics then i can see what your saying.

But I cant fathom why any of the Old IRA songs would offend you so much. Why not just not sing along.

Now if the words where hang them up stab them and kill them then wade in thier blood and forcibly starve them torture them I could see why you might be offended. And i would quit supporting a team if they sang songs that offended me.

In fact I would be more likely to quit supporting Celtic if they ever said you cannot be religious or political at all if you support Celtic. I would quit Celtic if they ever had banning of political songs that are justified.

Because one of the main reasons I love Celtic is they stand up for the oppressed the weak the marginalised. And the people who sing those songs you cant get into are often the marginalised peoples or the children of the marginalised of this country and sometimes those songs help to keep them in hope that somebody cares about the past the presnet and the future. And cares enough to hold the militant songs against oppression in thier hearts loud enough to pass them across their lips.

Last edited:
I can walk you through what my definition of a shit stirrer is quite easily. For example, the thread that was started about poppies directly after Celtic put in a brilliant performance against Dundee. This thread was started by someone using the name monkee. Interestingly he/she hasn't been seen since. Since then their profile has been removed along with all previous posts. That to me was 100% a shit stirrer. I'm not or ever have accused you or stevie as either a shit stirrer or a Hun. If I have I didn't mean to.
It's also very strange that a couple days after the debate on the poppy thread was in full swing, that an article appeared online, with a lot of the same topic/opinion/rhetoric. To me that is no coincidence.
I know what your views are, you've emphasised them many times, as I probably have mine. You have your reasons for your opinion as have I. I have no problem with you or anyone else on this board and maybe my opinions come across as strong or abrasive. I don't really know any other way, I have to say what I think. If you Knew me, you would know, most of the time I'm a messer and a wind up merchant. It's just certain topics I feel very passionate about. That doesn't mean I don't respect your opinions.
As far as the chill out comment, believe me, there is no one I know more chilled out than me. There is one thing we will all agree on though, we live and breath Celtic!
HH!

Great post. I get what you’re saying, we won’t always agree, but what a boring pair of Cunts we would be if we did. Our love of our team is one thing we will always have in common. That and being cool as fuck. :)

I joined this forum for all things Celtic related. Does come hand in hand with politics and religion? I'd like to think not. However many people seem to think otherwise.
Example is Maria. She finishes a recent post with " up the RA". I fail to see what this has to do with Celtic. Yes with Irish roots. Does that make us all IRA sympathisers? I hope to God no. In my opinion nothing to do with Celtic.
HH?
Leave maria alone...I like her

Oh and if your looking for support over a lassie, good luck no baws
Did you not end a post recently with "up the RA"? If you want to offend me please try harder or have another sip out of your bottle of buckie. Sick of this nonsense because i hold a different view.
Please kick me off this site and good luck to all the good people on here.
HH?

I joined this forum for all things Celtic related. Does come hand in hand with politics and religion? I'd like to think not. However many people seem to think otherwise.
Example is Maria. She finishes a recent post with " up the RA". I fail to see what this has to do with Celtic. Yes with Irish roots. Does that make us all IRA sympathisers? I hope to God no. In my opinion

Would be fair to say that the biggest drive towards the Provos was not the appeal of the Provos, but a feeling that somehow this shit aint gonna continue and if you do not listen to our side of the fence then we will make you listen by giving back as good as you dish out.

Wether you like the songs or the just the history, there is parts you just cannot erase and therefore the history is as it is. To think that not only were the Irish Catholics detitute and dying, even in this condition, some still tried to extort the last remaining hope they clung to and its the last resort most people have when they fear the ultimate and thats their faith, yet Protestants saw it in their heart to take from the dying and destitute that last piece of solstice and even had the heartlessness to take it in exchange for the one thing that would have helped

" That would be during the time of one of the famines? when food was in dire need, so Catholics, desperate for food, took the soup at the Protestant kitchen and converted, in order to have food?"

Even in times of hardship charity came at a price an irishmans life was worth the price of a bowl of soup, a bowl of soup crafted from the land the irish had taken from them in the first place, yet when we attend our football games i have yet to hear songs that deny others their faith.

So in my mind the greatest enjoyment i get is now taking the proverbial piss and reminding huns we welcome all who wish to play for us and support us for we are very much different in our culture, a club open to all a club free to remember our roots..

If anyone thinks politics and religion and poverty were not the essential ingredients that created the Glasgow Celtic that we all know and love today NEEDS to read this...
THIS IS WHERE WE CAME FROM...https://the-shamrock.net/2016/09/18/glengarry/amp/

David Dale college in Darnoch street is the building that gave us Tommy Burns, when i posted the video of tommy Burns signing in the Saint marys halls that night was a this is your life for John Rice the man who brought Tommy to Celtic and John Rice was the tenent janitor in David Dale College of building and printing.

Did you not end a post recently with "up the RA"? If you want to offend me please try harder or have another sip out of your bottle of buckie. Sick of this nonsense because i hold a different view.
Please kick me off this site and good luck to all the good people on here.
HH?

Its your view and your stinking attitude and whereas some of my friends don’t see it, they will in time.

For me your not even as handy ss an ass wipe.

You are a hun hun is how hun acts and your 100% mouthy cheeky obnoxious arrogant hun.

Who said neil lennon deserves it. You justified every single bit of treatment he gets.

Scotlands Shame.

You are a hun to me and your finished with me unless you ever have my name in your mouth again i do hope you grow a set and come for me directly.

DrVX4l3XgAAsU39.jpg
DrVX4l3XgAAsU39.jpg

Reactions: TET
Its your view and your stinking attitude and whereas some of my friends don’t see it, they will in time.

For me your not even as handy ss an ass wipe.

You are a hun hun is how hun acts and your 100% mouthy cheeky obnoxious arrogant hun.

Who said neil lennon deserves it. You justified every single bit of treatment he gets.

Scotlands Shame.

You are a hun to me and your finished with me unless you ever have my name in your mouth again i do hope you grow a set and come for me directly.
Come for you directly? I've got more important things in my life unlike you clinging to your Buckie. I'm sure you'll collapse into your bed again in a drunken stupur and have a good sleep??

Back