Celtic v Dundee - all comments here, please

Totally and completely WRONG Bill. A shocking statement. If some unfortunate Celtic fans get knifed, maimed and/or beaten up just getting to or from Ibrox will you then send them a card in Hospital saying 'well, its your own fault, I told you so'???? FFS Unbelievable.

I'm sorry you feel tha's what I'm saying because it's NOT!

I said from the outset and it's there to be checked that we should NOT be accepting tickets for what is highly likely to become a problem situation

There comes a point however when PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY must come into the equation

As much as I would HATE to see Any Celtic fan injured or perhaps worse by way of SEVCO's decision to cut the allocation and Celtic's decision to accept it (2 wrongs don't make a right) whoever took up the offer of a ticket knew EXACTLY what the situation was likely to offer but will have decided to take up the offer anyway

Perhaps Celtic had the train of thought that although they seemed to be forced into accepting the briefs if the ones successful in the ballot realised were on their own with no back up from the Club then perhaps they might have a change of heart and decline their ticket

HH?

Last edited:
Didn’t agree with that statement either, i have to say.

Surely fans not to blame for wanting to go see our team

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY

It's basic human nature to try and remain safe Why put yourself in danger when it's totally unnecessary? Especially as the game is being broadcast live

So you can say 'i was there'?

As an aside had Celtic refused the allocation how would that have reflected on SEVCO?

I can see the headlines 'Celtic FC refuse tickets because the safety of their fans cannot be guaranteed' Doesn't make great reading if you're SEVCO

HH?

Last edited:
Why leave the house? I mean, its dangerous out there.

To be honest mate if that's the level of response there's no point debating it

I'd have expected a.more thought out reply from my 4 year old grandson

I realise that you are fervent in your views and beliefs but get a grip

Next you'll tell me that there are Government health warnings on cigarette packets but people still smoke

And you'd be right but what are the consequences?

HH?

Of course there is personal responsibility. Fans will know the risks but so will our board. It wouldn't break the bank to put a few busses on. Show they care. Celtic fans will go if the option is there. We know that. Lawwell should put a statement out telling us why he excepted the tickets. Sponsers. Spfl pressure. Whatever. He should state that he can't guarantee fan safety. He should state that fans who go go at their own risk. And he should show he will do at least something to keep them as safe as he can....that's if he has been forced to take the tickets by sponsers. This would show the world how unsafe ibrokes is and how much of an arsehole GASL is. It will show the fans that Lawell gives a fuck. Soldiers join the army knowing the risks. But their government still give them armour and the tools to do their job. That is a really crap analogy but I know what I mean by it ??

Of course there is personal responsibility. Fans will know the risks but so will our board. It wouldn't break the bank to put a few busses on. Show they care. Celtic fans will go if the option is there. We know that. Lawwell should put a statement out telling us why he excepted the tickets. Sponsers. Spfl pressure. Whatever. He should state that he can't guarantee fan safety. He should state that fans who go go at their own risk. And he should show he will do at least something to keep them as safe as he can....that's if he has been forced to take the tickets by sponsers. This would show the world how unsafe ibrokes is and how much of an arsehole GASL is. It will show the fans that Lawell gives a fuck. Soldiers join the army knowing the risks. But their government still give them armour and the tools to do their job. That is a really crap analogy but I know what I mean by it ??

Scenario

CELTIC FC. We don't want Celtic fans going to Ibrox on 29th because of safety concerns so are considering not taking tickets

FANS WANTING TICKETS But we want to support the team regardless of consequences

CELTIC FC Okay and against out better judgement we'll take the tickets but we repeat we think you are making a mistake by going there

FANS WANTING TICKETS. Aw brilliant now we realise this is against your better judgement and we have TOTALLY disregarded your advice .... but gonnae hold our hands in case the bad boys get us?

CELTIC FC. Er NAW If you don't feel safe going there under your own steam listen to our advice DON'T GO

HH?

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY

It's basic human nature to try and remain safe Why put yourself in danger when it's totally unnecessary? Especially as the game is being broadcast live

So you can say 'i was there'?

As an aside had Celtic refused the allocation how would that have reflected on SEVCO?

I can see the headlines 'Celtic FC refuse tickets because the safety of their fans cannot be guaranteed' Doesn't make great reading if you're SEVCO

HH?

Bill, im not going. I thinkbthe tickets should have been refused but our fans are entitled to being safe
Scenario

CELTIC FC. We don't want Celtic fans going to Ibrox on 29th because of safety concerns so are considering not taking tickets

FANS WANTING TICKETS But we want to support the team regardless of consequences

CELTIC FC Okay and against out better judgement we'll take the tickets but we repeat we think you are making a mistake by going there

FANS WANTING TICKETS. Aw brilliant now we realise this is against your better judgement and we have TOTALLY disregarded your advice .... but gonnae hold our hands in case the bad boys get us?

CELTIC FC. Er NAW If you don't feel safe going there under your own steam listen to our advice DON'T GO

HH?

Fans are entitled to go to a football match ad feel safe Bill.

If a ned turns up wi a blade then that is not the victims fault.

Knowledge that they are thugs does not give them the right nor does it make there actions acceptable.

Nor is it fair to say i told you so to the poor sod that something happens to.

I think the point that B I'll is making is that if people did not take the tickets there would not be a problem,but they have and now need be looked after not only by the club,the sponsors who wanted Celtic to take the tickets should also be held responsible,I hope and pray this does not turn into a nightmare

Members online

Latest posts

Back