Celtic v Dundee - all comments here, please

Bill, im not going. I thinkbthe tickets should have been refused but our fans are entitled to being safe

Fans are entitled to go to a football match ad feel safe Bill.

If a ned turns up wi a blade then that is not the victims fault.

Knowledge that they are thugs does not give them the right nor does it make there actions acceptable.

Nor is it fair to say i told you so to the poor sod that something happens to.

I'm not saying I told you so as I hope nothing happens but fans INSISTING on going despite obviously having reservations about the safety of going ..... shouldn't go And by asking Celtic to lay on buses then they evidently have safety issues

I've been going to Celtic matches for decades without fear for my safety but I'm afraid this instance is TOTALLY different

IF YOU FEEL UNSAFE GOING THERE GO WITH YOUR GUT FEELING STAY AWAY

HH?

Last edited:
I think the point that B I'll is making is that if people did not take the tickets there would not be a problem,but they have and now need be looked after not only by the club,the sponsors who wanted Celtic to take the tickets should also be held responsible,I hope and pray this does not turn into a nightmare

A voice of reason in a soup pot of unreasonability

Not only are people potentially putting themselves in danger that are handing over £49 for the privilege of doing so

HH?

Scenario

CELTIC FC. We don't want Celtic fans going to Ibrox on 29th because of safety concerns so are considering not taking tickets

FANS WANTING TICKETS But we want to support the team regardless of consequences

CELTIC FC Okay and against out better judgement we'll take the tickets but we repeat we think you are making a mistake by going there

FANS WANTING TICKETS. Aw brilliant now we realise this is against your better judgement and we have TOTALLY disregarded your advice .... but gonnae hold our hands in case the bad boys get us?

CELTIC FC. Er NAW If you don't feel safe going there under your own steam listen to our advice DON'T GO

HH?
Have to disagree Bill. If our board did not want our fans there, they should not have accepted the tickets. If there was a clamour from CSC's for tickets and our board reluctantly accept that and take the tickets, I would have hoped that they could have showed some humanity and did their best to ensure our fans safety. Anyways good luck with your recovery and hail hail.

Have to disagree Bill. If our board did not want our fans there, they should not have accepted the tickets. If there was a clamour from CSC's for tickets and our board reluctantly accept that and take the tickets, I would have hoped that they could have showed some humanity and did their best to ensure our fans safety. Anyways good luck with your recovery and hail hail.

Do Celtic normally lay on buses for supporters?
If not what has changed?

I understand your sentiments I feel as though the SPONSORS have forced Celtic into taking the tickets so perhaps by association the SPONSORS should provide the buses

HH?

Spot on for me Lemon 100% pal and well pit across.

???????

LAST home game of the year and given the restrictions in the away ticket allocation, the last chance in 2018 most of us will get to attend a Celtic match.

There was a wee drama that played itself out on Wednesday night when representatives of the Affiliation supporters buses - 38 of them - all met outside the Kerrydale Suite to draw bus names from the hat to see which ones would get a ticket for Ibrox. Ten 'lucky' buses got pulled from the hat, including my own, the Tommy Gemmell Dunblane CSC, so we have a ticket, no need for a bus....

Now all these single representatives will have to make their way to Ibrox on their own.

The initial plan to have the 750 meet at Celtic Park and have buses on hand to take them to and from Ibrox has been scrapped.

It's make your own way there and back. Bravery medals should be handed out at the first home game next season.

Two days after Ibrox our CEO, who had the chance to book these buses but washed his hands of the responsibility, will pick up his £2m bonus. Lovely.

Back to today, Dundee got hammered at Pittodrie and they we should inflict further damage to Jim McIntrye's side today, maybe 4-0. Points are vital ahead of the next two crucial games...

Onto more serious matters and omnibuses aside Looks like more changes in oersonnel adainst Dundee this afternoon although we should have the quality and experience to overcome the 11th placed Club

HH?

My dislike of PL slants my view on this one. I agree with Bill about the personal responsibility bit. If you go you know the risks. But PL constant refusal to back the fans pisses me off and to me this is another case of him sorting himself out to the detriment of the fans. I can't see past that. "Fuck off sponsers. Celtic fans will follow their team anywhere. If you force me to take tickets they will go to ibrokes"....if there is one thing I've learned even more living in England is that Scottish people are stubborn and don't tend to be scared of anything. The idea that they will be called shitebags by not going to the game won't sit well in their heads. And Celtic fans WILL be mocked by the huns and the media if they don't go. Paranoid. Scared. Causing a fuss over nothing. That is how it will be painted.

Let's all argue the derby game issues next week eh and focus on getting the points today that will keep us at the top for crimbo. It's time we put some space between us and the rest and started banging in the goals.
Celtic - 5 Dundee - 0

Members online

Latest posts

Back