Celtic v Nomme Kalju - all comments here

FFS! A player comes in from a foreign country, we aren't playing anywhere near to our best yet as its so early in the season, he's played a total of 197 competitive minutes during which we are leading 8-2 on aggregate, yet he should already be hauled off and discarded cos he's shite!!!

Seriously WTF? Give him some time to settle in, please folks.

THANK YOU!

Get a grip, armchair managers.

Great performance for the beginning of the season from Celtic..
McGregor has been immense

Indeed. And truth be told, I only watched the first half from home and couldn't get Hesgoal up at work until 88 minutes into the game, but you know who also looked good in the first half was Broony. He seemed to be everywhere and dishing the ball pretty well (and also almost got a goal as well).

Naturally, we expect that of the captain, but it doesn't hurt to give him props when he does well.

Reading back through some of the posts making me laugh. We're 3 competitive games into our season, 270minutes of some of the most important games of our season that's not started really, I'm reading Boli is shit which is unfair on a newcomer, we know he went over on his ankle and he's under pressure anyway to show up well as KTs back -up/replacement. He's not KT and I doubt he'd have played at all if we'd decent options there. Seems more of an old fashioned wing back to me. Lots of what's wrong with jullien? If the guys not 100% why risk our most expensive defender ever when bitton is doing a decent shift in there ? Jozo and Ajer the same. 270minutes and we've wasted €10 million seems hasty if not harsh to say the least. I'm not of the opinion that we got better because Boli went off and mikey came on. Maybe cos we were already winning by then, maybe cos they don't play the same game or position either. The game was only half hour in. Mikey is having a purple patch and long may it continue, Boli is trying to establish himself in a still understaffed starting XI and the fact he went off tells me it was a risk playing him in the first place, he's not fully recovered I think thats obvious but I like what I've seen (what little I've seen )of Boli so far. Having to adjust to a different country's culture, different teams style , different pressures in front of a massive crowd of passionate fans. He's made mistakes sure but who's old enough to remember Henrik Larssons first touch of the ball for us and what happened? I am. It's actually very similar to the Sarajevo mistake Boli made. Jullien is different , he's not here to prove anything, hes done that already and it's brought him to us. Give these guys a chance, more than 270minutes worth ? they'll come good. As they say in paradise "keep the faith" HH

Indeed. And truth be told, I only watched the first half from home and couldn't get Hesgoal up at work until 88 minutes into the game, but you know who also looked good in the first half was Broony. He seemed to be everywhere and dishing the ball pretty well (and also almost got a goal as well).

Naturally, we expect that of the captain, but it doesn't hurt to give him props when he does well.

Slept through it but am up for Broony love all day fkn long ???

I'm reading Boli is shit which is unfair on a newcomer, we know he went over on his ankle and he's under pressure anyway to show up well as KTs back -up/replacement.

Completely agree. I'm willing to bet that our crack team of experts on the forum missed the fact that several minutes before Boli went down for the count, he was tackled pretty hard (no foul -- what a surprise) and came up a little limp, and he was not really up to speed before he went down the second time. So is he shite or did he get dinged up? If you're a self-proclaimed expert of the game tying your self-importance to your opinions on Celtic Noise, you would say the former, but most rational people would realize that it is the latter.

Boli made more good passes than bad ones, and over time I think he will develop into a contributor for the club.

Getting there ,gradually getting to the place we want to be,forget what the shit is doing ,that’s their prob,hh
I think we still have a good distance to cover yet. We've shown up well with a squad not really fit for purpose so far , lenny and the players deserve all the plaudits they're getting. It doesn't hide the fact were understaffed in areas but those filling in have done so, really well. Unfair to ask them to keep on doing it though. We will get found out the more we progress. Players in , players out. Still the same dilemma. Lenny has given us much needed momentum as he did the first time around. The board have backed him thus far and they have to continue in that manner. Cluj or Tel Aviv won't be putting everyone behind the ball, though even with the squad we have I still fancy us to beat either. This is where it starts getting trickier but we've responded brilliantly again.

I think we still have a good distance to cover yet. We've shown up well with a squad not really fit for purpose so far , lenny and the players deserve all the plaudits they're getting. It doesn't hide the fact were understaffed in areas but those filling in have done so, really well. Unfair to ask them to keep on doing it though. We will get found out the more we progress. Players in , players out. Still the same dilemma. Lenny has given us much needed momentum as he did the first time around. The board have backed him thus far and they have to continue in that manner. Cluj or Tel Aviv won't be putting everyone behind the ball, though even with the squad we have I still fancy us to beat either. This is where it starts getting trickier but we've responded brilliantly again.
square pegs round holes,Lenny's on the case Winter,it's gettin the players in, like ye say, Cluj/ Tel Aviv are a different kettle of fish HH.

Members online

Latest posts

Back