Celtic v Nomme Kalju - all comments here

A wonder where that sayin comes from Michael ah mean dya think some stupid c**t put fish in a kettle ???

My only point of reference is Gilbert & Sullivan's "Iolanthe," where there's a line about a kettle of fish in the chorus of "Strephon's a Member of Parliament."

But I digress.

So, being curious, I looked it up. Apparently, it does not have anything to do with G&S.

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/kettle-of-fish.html

Completely agree. I'm willing to bet that our crack team of experts on the forum missed the fact that several minutes before Boli went down for the count, he was tackled pretty hard (no foul -- what a surprise) and came up a little limp, and he was not really up to speed before he went down the second time. So is he shite or did he get dinged up? If you're a self-proclaimed expert of the game tying your self-importance to your opinions on Celtic Noise, you would say the former, but most rational people would realize that it is the latter.

Boli made more good passes than bad ones, and over time I think he will develop into a contributor for the club.
I think so as well and 270 minutes isn't even accurate. I was just referring to 3 x 90minutes which none of them have had. Old saying that things even themselves out over the course, I really hope so as the treatment/tackles the players have been subjected to in those 3 games has been shocking and we've not even played a Scottish league game yet!! I understand that for Sarajevo and kalju (or killdyou would also be appropriate ) these ties are probably the biggest they've played in their careers, Vs Celtic 3time European finalists champions cup winners so they give everything they've got and more. We could do with a bit of protection. I don't like refs to flash cards for every hard tackle and leave players possibly banned for more important ties. We need reinforcements pronto. Boli and jullien I'm positive will be good additions, hopefully the Israeli too but he's not the answer to RB I dont think , I was reading the morning of the game he can play there but has done so 10 times in his career (idk if thats true or not) id hazard a guess that the other clubs in europe have cover for key positions though.

I think so as well and 270 minutes isn't even accurate.

I think the point of three games for the UEFA Champions League (or whatever they call it) was very well made.

Bear in mind that in these three games out collective score is 10-2 Celtic.

I don't like refs to flash cards for every hard tackle and leave players possibly banned for more important ties.

I do. If you bring someone down unnecessarily hard or dangerously, you should pay the price. We have that already with Jozo being out two games -- rightfully, perhaps -- but it should be fair across the board.

Boli and jullien I'm positive will be good additions, hopefully the Israeli too but he's not the answer to RB I dont think

We won't know that until we see him play.

I think the point of three games for the UEFA Champions League (or whatever they call it) was very well made.

I do. If you bring someone down unnecessarily hard or dangerously, you should pay the price. We have that already with Jozo being out two games -- rightfully, perhaps -- but it should be fair across the board.

and Bayo,possibly Kouassi.

I'm sure he can play there or we wouldn't have been told he can , I meant that he's a CB who can play in the RB position, just as bitton can play CB but his real quality lies as a CDM. That'll do for most SPL opponents but unlikely for higher level European opposition.
And yes of course pay the penalty if it's warranted like in jozos case, though I was referring to over zealous, center of attention refs dishing cards out when it's not warranted. Like when griff was booked for showing the ref that he'd almost had his head caved in with a half bottle of buckie (empty half bottle) :p
10-2 over the three 90minutes is impressive and I think we are the highest scoring side at the moment. Long may it continue.

told ye Larry,the Griff is back!, 40+goals in one season before rodgers phuqed him up the hun phuq, who they reckon is worth £25 mill, could'nt lace the Griff's boots, it's gonnae be a great season mate!
At the time it was crazy that BR froze him out like that after a larsson-esque scoring season. There was method in it though as we saw pretty much everyone chip in with the goals bar Gordon and De Vries. DeVries was N Forests player of the season when BR brought him in to replace Gordon. That only lasted until Gordon learned to pass the ball, then he was dropped like a hot spud I wonder if he regrets leaving forest.

At the time it was crazy that BR froze him out like that after a larsson-esque scoring season. There was method in it though as we saw pretty much everyone chip in with the goals bar Gordon and De Vries. DeVries was N Forests player of the season when BR brought him in to replace Gordon. That only lasted until Gordon learned to pass the ball, then he was dropped like a hot spud I wonder if he regrets leaving forest.
aye mate BR know's all about loyalty:mad:!

Reading back through some of the posts making me laugh. We're 3 competitive games into our season, 270minutes of some of the most important games of our season that's not started really, I'm reading Boli is shit which is unfair on a newcomer, we know he went over on his ankle and he's under pressure anyway to show up well as KTs back -up/replacement. He's not KT and I doubt he'd have played at all if we'd decent options there. Seems more of an old fashioned wing back to me. Lots of what's wrong with jullien? If the guys not 100% why risk our most expensive defender ever when bitton is doing a decent shift in there ? Jozo and Ajer the same. 270minutes and we've wasted €10 million seems hasty if not harsh to say the least. I'm not of the opinion that we got better because Boli went off and mikey came on. Maybe cos we were already winning by then, maybe cos they don't play the same game or position either. The game was only half hour in. Mikey is having a purple patch and long may it continue, Boli is trying to establish himself in a still understaffed starting XI and the fact he went off tells me it was a risk playing him in the first place, he's not fully recovered I think thats obvious but I like what I've seen (what little I've seen )of Boli so far. Having to adjust to a different country's culture, different teams style , different pressures in front of a massive crowd of passionate fans. He's made mistakes sure but who's old enough to remember Henrik Larssons first touch of the ball for us and what happened? I am. It's actually very similar to the Sarajevo mistake Boli made. Jullien is different , he's not here to prove anything, hes done that already and it's brought him to us. Give these guys a chance, more than 270minutes worth ? they'll come good. As they say in paradise "keep the faith" HH
Plus Lenny said after the game that Boli had taken ill and started suffering stomach cramps and nausea! I thought some of his forward passing was intelligent but he just over-hit a couple - assuming he can get these judged right to suit his new colleagues then these are potential match winning through balls to unlock a stubborn defence. I 100% agree that we don't write him off yet after such a "shit" performance!

Plus Lenny said after the game that Boli had taken ill and started suffering stomach cramps and nausea! I thought some of his forward passing was intelligent but he just over-hit a couple - assuming he can get these judged right to suit his new colleagues then these are potential match winning through balls to unlock a stubborn defence. I 100% agree that we don't write him off yet after such a "shit" performance!
excellent "verdict" Bridie!!!!!!!!!

Reading back through some of the posts making me laugh. We're 3 competitive games into our season, 270minutes of some of the most important games of our season that's not started really, I'm reading Boli is shit which is unfair on a newcomer, we know he went over on his ankle and he's under pressure anyway to show up well as KTs back -up/replacement. He's not KT and I doubt he'd have played at all if we'd decent options there. Seems more of an old fashioned wing back to me. Lots of what's wrong with jullien? If the guys not 100% why risk our most expensive defender ever when bitton is doing a decent shift in there ? Jozo and Ajer the same. 270minutes and we've wasted €10 million seems hasty if not harsh to say the least. I'm not of the opinion that we got better because Boli went off and mikey came on. Maybe cos we were already winning by then, maybe cos they don't play the same game or position either. The game was only half hour in. Mikey is having a purple patch and long may it continue, Boli is trying to establish himself in a still understaffed starting XI and the fact he went off tells me it was a risk playing him in the first place, he's not fully recovered I think thats obvious but I like what I've seen (what little I've seen )of Boli so far. Having to adjust to a different country's culture, different teams style , different pressures in front of a massive crowd of passionate fans. He's made mistakes sure but who's old enough to remember Henrik Larssons first touch of the ball for us and what happened? I am. It's actually very similar to the Sarajevo mistake Boli made. Jullien is different , he's not here to prove anything, hes done that already and it's brought him to us. Give these guys a chance, more than 270minutes worth ? they'll come good. As they say in paradise "keep the faith" HH
Spot on Winter we’re great at telling the World how good our fans are.
Then in the same breath how shit a new player is. Give the lad time to settle into life in Scotland. I like what I saw in the first games.
If anything maybe as I’ve already said he’s trying too hard to impress.
So get behind this NFL Team cause History beckons. Mon the Hoops

HH ?

Back