Champions League Draw - Celtic v FK Sarajevo

Its a sad day when the first qualifier has us thinking this might not be a pushover. That’s where we are. The only game that should is the final play off. Shows you how far we have regressed or at worst stood still.

Its a sad day when the first qualifier has us thinking this might not be a pushover. That’s where we are. The only game that should is the final play off. Shows you how far we have regressed or at worst stood still.
It's a sign that the average quality in Europe has improved particularly in defence. It doesn't necessarily mean that we have regressed. It means that there are no easy beats.

It's a sign that the average quality in Europe has improved particularly in defence. It doesn't necessarily mean that we have regressed. It means that there are no easy beats.

But we have regressed. Our performances over the last two seasons have dipped dramatically. No additional players bought in areas we all know need improved. Players burned out by being required to play too often due to the lack of suitable replacements on the bench or coming through.

I totally agree everyone bar Scotland is producing players far more technically gifted than ours. We are the top club and we don’t have a single young player good enough to fill the gaps we have. That’s tells a story of our overall failure to produce players good enough. If they were we wouldn’t be all be desperate for signings

We are the biggest fish in a small pond that is slowly drying out. We need to get out of that stagnant pond as soon as possible AFTER we secure 10 in a row

Where to though?
The only options I can think of are either England or Europe. Change cannot be evolutionary. It has to be revolutionary. Do you really think that Celtic can prosper whilst under the control of the incompetent SFA? I honestly cannot think of a solution other than buying a lower league English team outright that is in trouble eg Bolton but still playing at Celtic Park. An English team Berwick Rangers has played for decades in Scotland. The Wellington Phoenix play in the Australian league. Same old same old just means slow decline in Europe.

The only options I can think of are either England or Europe. Change cannot be evolutionary. It has to be revolutionary. Do you really think that Celtic can prosper whilst under the control of the incompetent SFA? I honestly cannot think of a solution other than buying a lower league English team outright that is in trouble eg Bolton but still playing at Celtic Park. An English team Berwick Rangers has played for decades in Scotland. The Wellington Phoenix play in the Australian league. Same old same old just means slow decline in Europe.

England is a non starter. They won’t vote for it and the club would be wary of the backlash that continued singing about the IRA would undoubtedly bring.

As for the SFA? Do they stop ya buying players since Farry? Do they stop us not being good enough to qualify for the CL? I don’t think so. That’s down to us. Buying out a small team and moving them would be resisted by that club, it’s supporters and the league it’s in.

We may be able to join a euro league but again I can’t see that. We have access to the CL here. We wouldn’t have that for years and we would need to get by initially on jess money we are on now. Plus, which team from any league is going to step aside to let us in? None.

We need to get on with it here and hope we improve enough this window to secure CL qualification. Failing to will cause a massive slump in our confidence especially if we have another scandelous window like last summer.

Let’s hope we do what needs to be done and soon.

England is a non starter. They won’t vote for it and the club would be wary of the backlash that continued singing about the IRA would undoubtedly bring.

As for the SFA? Do they stop ya buying players since Farry? Do they stop us not being good enough to qualify for the CL? I don’t think so. That’s down to us. Buying out a small team and moving them would be resisted by that club, it’s supporters and the league it’s in.

We may be able to join a euro league but again I can’t see that. We have access to the CL here. We wouldn’t have that for years and we would need to get by initially on jess money we are on now. Plus, which team from any league is going to step aside to let us in? None.

We need to get on with it here and hope we improve enough this window to secure CL qualification. Failing to will cause a massive slump in our confidence especially if we have another scandelous window like last summer.

Let’s hope we do what needs to be done and soon.

A fairer use of subsidy from Europe and tv money is the only way Celtic can cope with the subsidised teams.

A pyramid set up for all countries into the subsidised leagues is perhaps a way forward. but that would end national football, so even that probably flawed.

best option imo would be standardised Eufa payments to all leagues from eufa

based on the league table of European clubs

you come rank 1 you get x

right down the teams registered under Eufa

no subsidy on competition rules

all tv money goes into footballing infrastructure and youth coaching spread across the Eufa zone.

That way if your ranks 40th in Europe but play in Sweden you get more income from Eufa than a team ranked 140th in Europe ut playing in England

right now teams in England and other big leagues get an unfair subsidy over better run clubs which is breaking the game.

A fairer use of subsidy from Europe and tv money is the only way Celtic can cope with the subsidised teams.

A pyramid set up for all countries into the subsidised leagues is perhaps a way forward. but that would end national football, so even that probably flawed.

best option imo would be standardised Eufa payments to all leagues from eufa

based on the league table of European clubs

you come rank 1 you get x

right down the teams registered under Eufa

no subsidy on competition rules

all tv money goes into footballing infrastructure and youth coaching spread across the Eufa zone.

That way if your ranks 40th in Europe but play in Sweden you get more income from Eufa than a team ranked 140th in Europe ut playing in England

right now teams in England and other big leagues get an unfair subsidy over better run clubs which is breaking the game.

When did a fair distribution of the wealth ever happen anywhere in football or society even? Wishful thinking diverts ya away from the reality we are in. We can move forward but it won’t happen until we realise that our model has to reflect reality. Saving a few bob but losing out on the big bucks of the CL will only result in a gradual terminal decline.

We need it and that requires investment. We are barely an EL club now from the heady days of hope when Rogers was appointed. We have got worse. We have lost quality players and they haven’t been replaced. That’s the reason we have stalled. That list did zero to give confidence we were looking to improve the first team. Not one of them looked as good as what we already have.

When did a fair distribution of the wealth ever happen anywhere in football or society even? Wishful thinking diverts ya away from the reality we are in. We can move forward but it won’t happen until we realise that our model has to reflect reality. Saving a few bob but losing out on the big bucks of the CL will only result in a gradual terminal decline.

We need it and that requires investment. We are barely an EL club now from the heady days of hope when Rogers was appointed. We have got worse. We have lost quality players and they haven’t been replaced. That’s the reason we have stalled. That list did zero to give confidence we were looking to improve the first team. Not one of them looked as good as what we already have.
I would suggest its the other way round

100 million every season head start

without fair subsidy Celtic cannot compete with average subsidised teams

its you who is lost in clouds or fantasy

We cant afford to waste money

And trying to compete with monster subsidy with none is pipe dream

you don't want investment

you want some dude throwing other peoples money down a giant hole trying to stay in tough with 100M+ every season

thats not viable

And it needs to be addressed by every non subsidised team before they all go burst trying to keep up with the subsidised teams

its no longer sport its madness and the standard of football goes south the richer you make 19 years olds

you don't want investment

you want some dude throwing other peoples money down a giant hole trying to stay in tough with 100M+ every season

thats not viable

And it needs to be addressed by every non subsidised team before they all go burst trying to keep up with the subsidised teams

its no longer sport its madness and the standard of football goes south the richer you make 19 years olds

No I don’t. I want us to invest what we have that allows us to get better. Radical I know, but that’s the way to improve. What’s your plan to make us better that doesn’t include spending money? I and I’m sure Lawell would be all ears.

that wee boy is a Motherwell standard player

How can Motherwell pay Motherwell standard players 20 k per week

Norwich used to be same standard as Motherwell until subsidy started

now Norwich out gun one of the biggest clubs in world, make more through subsidy than celtic can by champions league

its broke

it needs to be fixed before it kills the game

the wee clubs in scotland cannot afford 200 quid a week wages

who going to develop the future with no professional clubs

No I don’t. I want us to invest what we have that allows us to get better. Radical I know, but that’s the way to improve. What’s your plan to make us better that doesn’t include spending money? I and I’m sure Lawell would be all ears.
don't put rubbish in my mouth

club must add value or decline

its that simple

must add value

that means it buys players who make team better or it develops them through youth

it doesn't include wasting money on guys at prices above their value, who won't make team better, if a player makes us better on pitch and he willing to play for what club can afford, then get him signed even if you pay a premium, but if the value does not match the price, then let him go to a club who wants mercenaries.

Celtic need players who want to wear the hoops more than sky gold in pockets

They still get to be millionaires at Celtic

And they may even be remembered in history as a great.

don't put rubbish in my mouth

club must add value or decline

its that simple

must add value

that means it buys players who make team better or it develops them through youth

it doesn't include wasting money on guys at prices above their value, who won't make team better, if a player makes us better on pitch and he willing to play for what club can afford, then get him signed even if you pay a premium, but if the value does not match the price, then let him go to a club who wants mercenaries.

Celtic need players who want to wear the hoops more than sky gold in pockets

They still get to be millionaires at Celtic

And they may even be remembered in history as a great.

Who mentioned paying more than players are worth? I didn’t. And who are you to decide what a player is worth? Is a player not worth what someone is willing to pay? They see potential and take a risk as all transfers are?

How do we add value by losing access to the CL?

Who mentioned paying more than players are worth? I didn’t. And who are you to decide what a player is worth? Is a player not worth what someone is willing to pay? They see potential and take a risk as all transfers are?

How do we add value by losing access to the CL?
you don't add value by paying more to players than champions league brings in.

Look it like talking to someone who just talks utter contradictory mince

ill explain it 1 more time

income must be more than outgoings

if you pay over the odds for wages that cannot be justified by expected income your throwing money down a hole

its so simple even you must understand it

yet you keep saying pay players the wages they can get in England but they have 100+millon head start mostly for our standard of players

its rigged

we cant compete for wages without massive increase in income

even with champions league money we don't really compete with average English teams

take West Ham

they get 180 turnover

pay most players 60k per week before bonus

and currently have 6 players earning 75K-100K per week

they made 20+ million profit winning nothing

last season we were paying 60M+ wages including bonuses and 20M+ other operating income

West Ham pay over 100M on wages without bonuses

thats a club smaller than us

Its sky who are breaking our club

lawell the only cont between us and death

And your way means death

you don't add value by paying more to players than champions league brings in.

Look it like talking to someone who just talks utter contradictory mince

ill explain it 1 more time

income must be more than outgoings

if you pay over the odds for wages that cannot be justified by expected income your throwing money down a hole

its so simple even you must understand it

yet you keep saying pay players the wages they can get in England but they have 100+millon head start mostly for our standard of players

its rigged

we cant compete for wages without massive increase in income

even with champions league money we don't really compete with average English teams

take West Ham

they get 180 turnover

pay most players 60k per week before bonus

and currently have 6 players earning 75K-100K per week

they made 20+ million profit winning nothing

last season we were paying 60M+ wages including bonuses and 20M+ other operating income

West Ham pay over 100M on wages without bonuses

thats a club smaller than us

Its sky who are breaking our club

lawell the only cont between us and death

And your way means death

Answer my question. I know what the sky reality is. How would you raise value without the CL? In a few sentences would be welcomed.

Back